House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uforia98

Moneyweek Magazine

Hi,

I heard several people here quoting this mag a few times. I have just signed up for their free trial.

Those of you who read it regularly, what can you say about it ? Does it help to you to invest in the right places to actually make money or are you just reading it to be better informed in general ?

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

uforia98

Hi,

I heard several people here quoting this mag a few times. I have just signed up for their free trial.

Those of you who read it regularly, what can you say about it ? Does it help to you to invest in the right places to actually make money or are you just reading it to be better informed in general ?

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

uforia98

It's really a digest of other publications, share tips and commentaries plus bearish editorializing and feature articles - very much directed at individual investors. I find it a useful weekend read exactly for these reasons (it comes out on Friday). There is a thread somewhere that has followed up its share tips to see how they have panned out - but I can't remember what it says because I won't touch equities at the moment (except gold miners).

I love it, it's my favourite read of the week. Merryn the regular editor is away on maternity leave at the moment but the associate editor is doing a reasonable job.

As said above it consolidates widespread views but also has a roundtable of real experts.

I reckon that you would do ok following the recommendations(except res property where they have been really bearish) :( .

I find it a lot of fun. Take the trial and see if you get hooked... I did.

Edited by Cornish Pasty

They quite often have a round table of investor's, and some of these guys are heavyweights in the investment world. That's probably the best part of the mag.

They had a great one with Miles Shipside(Rightmove) and a few stockbrokers, they took him to pieces. Really enjoyed that!

Generally I think they're ahead of the curve, so it's a very useful mag to read.

Quite quick and easy, doesn't take all weekend to read like "The Economist".

I wish they'd stop promoting the "Get Rich Quick" people, that annoys me quite a bit, but generally I think it's really worth the reasonable price.

The nice thing about Moneyweek is that it's easy to digest, without being dumbed down.

Too many other publications seem insultingly dumbed down with advice as insightful as "remember to pay off your credit debt before any other kind of debt". Whereas other publications might as well be written in sand script, which i can only conclude is aimed to daze the average investor so much you just buy into a fund which they advertise. That or they assume you're a full time day trader.

Edited by godsakes

I reckon that you would do ok following the recommendations(except res property where they have been really bearish) :( .

One of their regular contributors James Ferguson wrote a very bearish piece on Gold about 18 months ago.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm a subscriber and overall like it a lot. However, they have been predicting the demise of the housing market for aeons but still nothing happens! :angry: