House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whiterabbit

Lib Dems In Barking On House Prices

A lib dem potential concillor has stated that house prices will go down if the BNP are elected in Barking? True of false or is this a way to scare voters to vote a certain way?

However, Dianne Challis, a Lib Dem councillor for the Eastbury ward - where one BNP candidate is standing - says: "We can't continue to pretend that people aren't worried about it."

"I think people are concerned by what they perceive as an influx of immigrants into the borough, but I don't necessarily think that is a huge problem - I welcome all comers from different angles.

"It wouldn't make a difference to immigration if the BNP took every single seat, so what's the point of voting for them because that's all they stand for? They don't stand for anything else."

But she says she believes that if the BNP is successful, the difference they would make would be to house prices, which "would drop and people wouldn't want to move to the area".

Link? Or did you see them in person?

Personally this is complete rubbish. It's just scare mongering.

A lib dem potential concillor has stated that house prices will go down if the BNP are elected in Barking? True of false or is this a way to scare voters to vote a certain way?

However, Dianne Challis, a Lib Dem councillor for the Eastbury ward - where one BNP candidate is standing - says: "We can't continue to pretend that people aren't worried about it."

"I think people are concerned by what they perceive as an influx of immigrants into the borough, but I don't necessarily think that is a huge problem - I welcome all comers from different angles.

"It wouldn't make a difference to immigration if the BNP took every single seat, so what's the point of voting for them because that's all they stand for? They don't stand for anything else."

But she says she believes that if the BNP is successful, the difference they would make would be to house prices, which "would drop and people wouldn't want to move to the area".

If I understand correctly high house prices and unavailability of homes for their childeren were one of the major concerns of the electorate in this area so that might be a vote winner.

I think people are concerned by what they perceive as an influx of immigrants into the borough, but I don't necessarily think that is a huge problem - I welcome all comers from different angles

In other words f@ck the electorate I know best.

Ok, so having a BNP council would lower house prices. But so would spreading shit all over the streets on a daily basis. And it wouldn't leave such a bad taste in the mouth.

And if you want to increase the value of your area simply exchange the slurry in the muck spreader for Channel No.5! :lol:

Balls! If house prices went down there'd be a massive influx of people who were previously priced-out. I don't think these politicians realise just how many people can't afford to buy a house and would welcome any opportunity that presented itself. One person's loss, another's gain.

Link? Or did you see them in person?

Its quoted on the BBC website

Balls! If house prices went down there'd be a massive influx of people who were previously priced-out. I don't think these politicians realise just how many people can't afford to buy a house and would welcome any opportunity that presented itself. One person's loss, another's gain.

It really is funny when you think of what she said. Basically white people can't afford as much as non whites for houses so the more mulitcultural an area gets the more the house prices go up? Guess thats why Balham costs more than Hampstead then <_<

No one really knows the effect of them getting in power in an area. Maybe people will move out, maybe people will move in and its amazing for politicians to bring house values into the equation.

Eastbury ward is not typical Barking - it is relatively prosperous and mostly owner occupied. In the past (pre BNP era) it was the only ward in Barking and Dagenham won regularly by the Lib Dems/Tories (Labour cleaned up everywhere else apart from one area always won by a residents association).

Scare tactics about property prices falling following a BNP win might actually work there! I doubt the BNP will win in Eastbury but they are likely to win at least 3 or 4 seats elsewhere in the borough.

Eastbury ward is not typical Barking - it is relatively prosperous and mostly owner occupied. In the past (pre BNP era) it was the only ward in Barking and Dagenham won regularly by the Lib Dems/Tories (Labour cleaned up everywhere else apart from one area always won by a residents association).

Scare tactics about property prices falling following a BNP win might actually work there! I doubt the BNP will win in Eastbury but they are likely to win at least 3 or 4 seats elsewhere in the borough.

Interesting so property owners will always vote for whoever they perceive as keeping their house worth the most? Makes sense to me and I wonder this if this is the start of all parties trying to bring house prices as an election issue?