House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Canada Likely To Raise The I R Next Tuesday

http://www.canada.com/topics/finance/story...1d30651&k=56795

Canada's inflation rate steady at 2.2% in March, higher interest rates likely Sandra Cordon, Canadian Press

Published: Thursday, April 20, 2006 Article tools

OTTAWA (CP) - Higher prices for gasoline and housing kept Canada's annual inflation rate at 2.2 per cent on March, the same as February, but analysts say that figure is heading higher this month as prices at the gasoline pump continue to rise.
And the increase in the cost of living makes it almost certain the Bank of Canada will nudge its trend-setting short-term interest rate higher next Tuesday to keep inflation in check, the analysts said Thursday.

Could Gordon "Miracle Economy" Brown soon be forced to step in line with the rest of the world and turn the interest screw tighter?

How rising bond market forces IR hikes:

http://www.canada.com/topics/finance/story...607fdb3&k=12743

Canadian Press

Published: Thursday, April 20, 2006 Article tools

TORONTO -- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) has raised mortgage rates by more than a tenth of a percentage point to reflect the rising cost of borrowing in the bond market.
Canada's largest bank said Thursday it will raise rates by up to a tenth of a point on one- and two-year loans, 15 hundredths of a point on three- to seven-year loans and a fifth of a point on 10-year mortgages

Daily Mail financial today talked about BOE holding and the article hinted about accepting devaluation of the pound!!!!

Daily Mail financial today talked about BOE holding and the article hinted about accepting devaluation of the pound!!!!

Now, its in the Daily Mail, are you going to belive me ?!

:lol:

Listen buster, less of your bull-cheek! They put the F'ing rates DOWN all through the LAST RECESSION and they will put them DOWN all the way through THIS one!!!!!!!

It's just that King Of Knowhere reprimanded me, because apparently there ISN'T a RECESSION. And now I don't know what to think because if there ISN'T a recession, we can have higher rates at a split second's notice without a problem at all!

So I don't know why the Daily Mail said this.

They must be wrong?