House Price Crash Forum
Lou G

Offered On A House!

Okay guys..

Not really looking at buying a house at the present time but something special came up at the weekend for sale, the type of place you would live forever.!! Its £395k, house next door sold last year for £1.5 million,

so fab location!!.

We offered asking price, chain free. Guess what! It was rejected.!!!!!!!

As they have had alot of interest, 15 viewings last weekend, two offers. 1 from us chain free and another by a couple who need to sell again asking price. They have some second viewings booked in over the next couple of days so want to wait and see as they now think they can get over asking price.!!

Just how greedy are people.!!!

Yes, I would love this house and to live there but at the end of the day I told my hubby that all that matters to me is him and my daughter and as long as I have them I am happy. Bricks and mortor no matter how nice is only that bricks and mortor.!!

Lou

Okay guys..

Not really looking at buying a house at the present time but something special came up at the weekend for sale, the type of place you would live forever.!! Its £395k, house next door sold last year for £1.5 million,

so fab location!!.

As they have had alot of interest, 15 viewings last weekend, two offers. 1 from us chain free and another by a couple who need to sell again asking price. They have some second viewings booked in over the next couple of days so want to wait and see as they now think they can get over asking price.!!

Just how greedy are people.!!!

Yes, I would love this house and to live there but at the end of the day I told my hubby that all that matters to me is him and my daughter and as long as I have them I am happy. Bricks and mortor no matter how nice is only that bricks and mortor.!!

Lou

Whatever you do when they come back in a week accepting your offer don't agree to pay the same price. Reduce your offer by 10K at least.

Why are they being greedy ?

They want to sell and you say there is a LOT of interest, they should try to get the best price.

Do agree however that they are not being greedy, you just need to play the same game, it's clear their interests are money therefore adopt the same attitude.

Whatever you do when they come back in a week accepting your offer don't agree to pay the same price. Reduce your offer by 10K at least.

It may be the old used car salesman's trick--others are interested so up your price. If they come back in a week offer 50k less or say you will wait until after the crash. Got to be vicious in this market.

Lou

Try telling that one to Bricks&Mortar. :D:blink:

Believe another agent valued under £395k and another over and this agent valued at £395k..

They want to wait and see, do you suggest we just wait???

Believe another agent valued under £395k and another over and this agent valued at £395k..

Depends how much you want it. If you wait you might lose it.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of mortgage size would you need for that priced property? I.e if it's negligible and you would possibly live there forever than why not pay more?

no

there will be other nice houses, especially if you have that kinda money to spend.

give them a deal or no deal take it or leave it date

If they come back in a week offer 50k less or say you will wait until after the crash. Got to be vicious in this market.

Seller greed, buyer greed — no two things as consistent as capitalism and human nature.

Your asking for buying advice from a website where most members have yet to experiance such an event

rollsmile.gif

Your asking for buying advice from a website where most members have yet to experiance such an event

rollsmile.gif

Lots of sensible people on this website - its good to get constructive feedback...

Okay guys..

so fab location!!.

I replied to the above quote on another thread on which it was posted, so here it is.

Lou G if this house is all you say it is, and considering you have opted to make serious offers to purchase in this market. How come you are risking loosing this house for a sum amounting to 2.5% of the asking?

OK I can understand you doing that if you believed there was nobody else in the frame, and the house had been on the market some time. Though I personaly would have gone in alot lower on my opening bid, but this is new to the market and there is supposibly alot of interest in it. So again how come you refuse to pay the extra 10K + Stamp Duty to wrap the deal up ?

They say markets only reverse trend once everyone inclined to buy/sell through either "Greed/Fear" does so. I suspect that's because once all buyers or sellers are committed, only the reverse action can stimulate the market.

There is something to be said for ignorance, imagine if you had never come across this site, I reckon you would be happily settle in your new house by now. ph34r.gif

Anyway best of luck to you and OZZIE in whatever you decide to do. He who dares wins.....into the valley of death rode the 600........faint heart never wins the day....... ph34r.gif

Do I honestly know where this markets going, or how long it will take to get there? do I buggery. But as the old saying goes ......you pays your money [or not as the case may be] and you takes your chances rolleyes.gif

I replied to the above quote on another thread on which it was posted, so here it is.

Lou G if this house is all you say it is, and considering you have opted to make serious offers to purchase in this market. How come you are risking loosing this house for a sum amounting to 2.5% of the asking?

OK I can understand you doing that if you believed there was nobody else in the frame, and the house had been on the market some time. Though I personaly would have gone in alot lower on my opening bid, but this is new to the market and there is supposibly alot of interest in it. So again how come you refuse to pay the extra 10K + Stamp Duty to wrap the deal up ?

They say markets only reverse trend once everyone inclined to buy/sell through either "Greed/Fear" does so. I suspect that's because once all buyers or sellers are committed, only the reverse action can stimulate the market.

There is something to be said for ignorance, imagine if you had never come across this site, I reckon you would be happily settle in your new house by now. ph34r.gif

Anyway best of luck to you and OZZIE in whatever you decide to do. He who dares wins.....into the valley of death rode the 600........faint heart never wins the day....... ph34r.gif

Do I honestly know where this markets going, or how long it will take to get there? do I buggery. But as the old saying goes ......you pays your money [or not as the case may be] and you takes your chances rolleyes.gif

Think I was just surprised that the asking price got rejected!. Will have a think, I thought it was a bit top heavy already on price so the fact they they are willing to wait surprised me when we had offered asking.!

Think I was just surprised that the asking price got rejected!. Will have a think, I thought it was a bit top heavy already on price so the fact they they are willing to wait surprised me when we had offered asking.!

I made a silly offer on a place a couple of weeks ago (just killing time till the HPC), and was told by the ea that even if they had an offer at full asking price they would leave the house on the market for a bit to 'see if there were any better offers'.

My advice would be to trust fate, if you are meant to have this house, then they will come back to you when they're ready and accept your offer, if you're not successful then there's something even better out there that's got your name on it.

I made a silly offer on a place a couple of weeks ago (just killing time till the HPC), and was told by the ea that even if they had an offer at full asking price they would leave the house on the market for a bit to 'see if there were any better offers'.

My advice would be to trust fate, if you are meant to have this house, then they will come back to you when they're ready and accept your offer, if you're not successful then there's something even better out there that's got your name on it.

I agree, my dad offered once on a house at auction, really wanted it and lost to a higher bidder. Two months later the higher bidder came back to my dad and asked if he really wanted it and dad then bought it.

Its all mapped out hey..

I bet offering another 50K will rubbish all that " fate" b@ll@cks :rolleyes:

whereabouts is the house in Harrogate Lou ?

Southside, near Kirkby Overblow... good spot...

It goes in Yorkshire post tomorrow.!!!!

near Kirby Overblow?.......so do you mean Pannal or one out in the countryside?

In the countryside near Kirkby Overblow.. hence premium price...etc

395K in Yorkshire? Must have about 15 bedrooms?

Wish I was joking, some houses here are more expensive than Surrey etc...

Alot of houses are million pound plus houses..

On our present estate, normal 4 bed detached for sale for £ 450k,, they paid £127k - 8 years ago!!!!!

Madness...