House Price Crash Forum

Just Returned From Ireland

Mmmmmmmmm let's take the first statement shall we.

Fact Ireland was neutral in WW2 and indeed had a Nazi embassy on their soil. It's well documented that spies from there tried to infiltrate the UK main land to assassinate Churchill. It is also true to say a small minority of Irish people did join the war effort to fight against Hitler.

Fact With regard to molesting alter boys, again in the last 8 months if memory serves me correctly, the Catholic church HAS come out and acknowledged these terrible happenings.

Fact Oh and of course abortion banning. Catholicism is AGAINST this.

To make a racist statement one must put one race over another, i.e superiority. I don't think he does this does he?

You can't extrapolate comments against another section of society or as you so disgustingly put is 'Pakkis & Darkies' because he quotes things, which if looked into have more than an element of truth in them.

Perhaps my friend it is you which should consider the above before quoting such things.

If I recall, we only recently had the first case of someone being sued on a BB for statments similar to yours. You have been warned.

Many thousands of Irish men and women fought and died in both world wars in the British forces. I personally have relatives, who saw action from Gallipoli in the First War to the North African campaign in the Second World War, a relative who was killed in action as part of a bomber crew in the RAF over Nuremberg in 1944. The Irish were neutral during the Second World war but they were neutral on the Allied side, interning German combatants and releasing Allied troops who somehow found themselves in Ireland during hostilities.

Its fine for some bitter little gutless twerp, doubtless the offspring of a long line of serial cowards to hide behind a keyboard, but don’t insult the Irish people who died.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were pro-Hitler factions in many "allied" nations prior to and during the war.

Mosely might be a good example with his "Black Shirt" brigade that was around in the run-up to War ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/connect/oswald_mosely.shtml ). Joseph Kennedy (father of JFK) was also pro-Hitler ( http://hnn.us/articles/697.html ) despite being a US ambassador in the pre-war years. The French Vichy government is another example. So it is not surprising to find a few Irish to have been in the same camp. After all, Fascism seemed to hold out a lot of solutions to a lot of problems as the world was still dragging itslef out from the rubble of the 1929 crash.

Mmmmmmmmm let's take the first statement shall we.

Fact Ireland was neutral in WW2 and indeed had a Nazi embassy on their soil. It's well documented that spies from there tried to infiltrate the UK main land to assassinate Churchill. It is also true to say a small minority of Irish people did join the war effort to fight against Hitler.

Fact With regard to molesting alter boys, again in the last 8 months if memory serves me correctly, the Catholic church HAS come out and acknowledged these terrible happenings.

Fact Oh and of course abortion banning. Catholicism is AGAINST this.

To make a racist statement one must put one race over another, i.e superiority. I don't think he does this does he?

You can't extrapolate comments against another section of society or as you so disgustingly put is 'Pakkis & Darkies' because he quotes things, which if looked into have more than an element of truth in them.

Perhaps my friend it is you which should consider the above before quoting such things.

If I recall, we only recently had the first case of someone being sued on a BB for statments similar to yours. You have been warned.

So if I quote an acqaintaince of mine who says that all the people from the middle east are towel lovin terrorist sand niggas, thats ok because it doesnt imply any racial superiority and there are grains of truth in them???

Are all irish people catholic?

I used these examples to highlight YOUR SELECTIVE RACISM ,not mine.

Edited by undersupply

Does anyone know of a link to Irish house prices in general? i.e. a website like Rightmove etc. I'd also be interested in any links to what exactly the Irish economy is built on and just how sustainable it is.

www.myhome.ie

www.finfacts.com

economy is based on foreign multinationals who book profits here and "make" stuff here for tax reasons along with property development based on cheap credit financial services based on low tax etc. economy runs large deficit in balance of payments and 77% of exports are from american multinationals.productivity is falling rapidly and inflation in 3.5% while wages rise at 4.5% but houses still rise at 20!

So if I quote an acqaintaince of mine who says that all the people from the middle east are towel lovin terrorist sand niggas, thats ok because it doesnt imply any racial superiority and there are grains of truth in them??? Are all irish people catholic? I used these examples to highlight YOUR SELECTIVE RACISM ,not mine.

Away wi' ye!

By the way, ever hear the one about the Irish chap learning to drive? Asks his instructor, "What's der difference between dem single yeller loines and dem double yeller loines?"

"Ah well," the instructor replies, "On a single yeller loine, dere's no parking at all. And on a double yeller loine, dere's no parking at all at all."

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Charlie The Tramp

I have just returned from Southern Ireland (Ennis,Galway etc) and Drove about 800K's while i was there for 5 days. And it seems to me the whole of ireland is up for sale,

Met a mate of mine today who has a property in Spain for the past 25 years and spends 6 months living there each year. He told me property is going up for sale in the hundreds over there. Who is selling I asked him, mainly Brits, Irish, and Germans he replied.