House Price Crash Forum
padders

For Those That Want To "do Something"

I have never been really one who feels the need to "do something" about property prices given that I think the market will naturally self correct; but I have been interested by those that have written, often very well, letters to newspapers about the subject.

It recently occured to me, that however well written these letters are, they probably don't help a huge amount. What would be far more useful is letters about inflation. Asking why the official figures for inflation are so much lower than what we all see in every day life, asking why some things are not included in inflation figures, ask is the Bank of England really as independant as it should or could be.

Inflation is all about expectations and this is partly what the BOE goes on. If they realise that people are begining to think inflation is happening - whether it is or not is irrelevant, they will have to act before it becomes fact.

I have never been really one who feels the need to "do something" about property prices given that I think the market will naturally self correct; but I have been interested by those that have written, often very well, letters to newspapers about the subject.

It recently occured to me, that however well written these letters are, they probably don't help a huge amount. What would be far more useful is letters about inflation. Asking why the official figures for inflation are so much lower than what we all see in every day life, asking why some things are not included in inflation figures, ask is the Bank of England really as independant as it should or could be.

Inflation is all about expectations and this is partly what the BOE goes on. If they realise that people are begining to think inflation is happening - whether it is or not is irrelevant, they will have to act before it becomes fact.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Billy Shears

Guest Winners and Losers

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Billy Shears

What, and the nude summer festival didn't?? :unsure:;):(

Other good subjects for letters would be:

Why is there so much property tosh on TV?

Why do people think they're really clever if they invest in property?

People with more than one property are depriving others of opportunities.

We need to shift opinion from property:smart to property: silly/nasty.

Note, though, that many local newspapers have large property sections - they may be VIs, so don't expect all the letters to appear!

Note, though, that many local newspapers have large property sections - they may be VIs, so don't expect all the letters to appear!

This is one of the reasons letters, just about inflation, can work. Don't even need to mention IRs. Most VIs won't make the link.

This thread didn't get much attention from the big hitters. You need to learn the basics. If you want to get a lively discussion going, you need to mention rising interest rates, rising unemployment, the government or, best of all, immigration.

I suddently had a thought about the whole "doing something" aspect this evening. WOndered why I was spending so much time on this site where we mingle with lots of like minded people (With some exceptions SIITH.............ha, I like that!).

Perhaps what we should be doing is mingling periodically with the likes of the channel 4 website and property forum? Might spread the word so to speak, and send some more chill down the spines of those who are continuing to bury their heads in the sand. Just a thought. Not suggesting anything nasty, just reasoned argument. Whacha think?

Thankfully Billy's up for that. He's working out positions for everyone as we speak :)

I think that a HPC mass nude protest would require some planning. Clearly some of the members such as shakerbaby would insist at standing at the back looking forward, while others would insist on being at the front looking back. Reconciling that with spelling out some sort of message could be tricky.

Billy Shears

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...pic=28162&st=20

This thread didn't get much attention from the big hitters. You need to learn the basics. If you want to get a lively discussion going, you need to mention rising interest rates, rising unemployment, the government or, best of all, immigration.

What a titt you are :-)

Tell me more of this "nude summer festival" of which you speak. I must have missed the original thread.

Do you have a venue booked?

Do you need an MC or security team?

If so, contact me. Reasonable rates.

No DSS.

Edited by SpoonUnit

perhaps every now and then we can do some guerrilla posting

we could pick a forum say one night a week, all sign up and gate crash it with our views

if nothing else it will be a bit of a laugh as some obscure forum gets itself about 100 posters in one night and all a bunch of bears.

why would we need a medical coroner ?

is this party at quincys boat in sacremento..

If there is to be a summer HPC festival , nude or not, then take it from me, blood will be spilled.

We will need Quincy, Juliet Bravo and Cracker. And that's before the enquiry gets underway.

And who is going to look at the dental records?

God help us all.

Guest Winners and Losers

Can I come? :unsure:

I don't know, can you? :rolleyes:

Of course... it wouldn't be as much fun if you didn't :)

I'll give you one Shakerbaby and up you one Billy Shears for a RichYumm?

Guest Winners and Losers

Lol! Maybe we could share? :unsure:;)

:lol: That'll get them going! They don't get out often you know (always on HPC!). I think if we are going to share, we at least owe it to Right Fred's Dead to get out our pvc catsuits and thigh high boots (oh, and take pictures)? :ph34r:

But which one of them will be the giver/taker??

And who is going to look at the dental records?

CSI of course! :rolleyes:

Edited by Winners and Losers

:lol: That'll get them going! They don't get out often you know (always on HPC!). I think if we are going to share, we at least owe it to Right Fred's Dead to get out our pvc catsuits and thigh high boots (oh, and take pictures)? :ph34r:

That's true... but we mustn't stray too far from the original idea of a nude festival... how about just the boots? Save our feet from getting dirty...

But which one of them will be the giver/taker??

Maybe Billy (be still... :wub:) could organise that too? :unsure:

Guest Winners and Losers

That's true... but we mustn't stray too far from the original idea of a nude festival... how about just the boots? Save our feet from getting dirty...

Maybe Billy (be still... :wub:) could organise that too? :unsure:

I can just see it

To the left a bit Shaker :wub: ok, take WAL around the waist, no lower, lower - now RichYumm, if you just grab Mags' ankles and RFD, if you could just raise that right leg a little higher, that's it.... now everybody say 'cheese'!

Tit actually. :rolleyes:

Oh, I have just seen someone seconded your comment. Guess that makes me a pair of tits.

But you've got nothing on ImUpNorth!

I can just see it

To the left a bit Shaker :wub: ok, take WAL around the waist, no lower, lower - now RichYumm, if you just grab Mags' ankles and RFD, if you could just raise that right leg a little higher, that's it.... now everybody say 'cheese'!

But you've got nothing on ImUpNorth!

:lol::lol::lol::unsure: