House Price Crash Forum

The Polish Connection

RichM

HOLA441

OK, I 've contributed little of use of late, but here's my bit.

I live near a route for coaches coming into London Victoria from Dover. A year or two ago I noticed that many coaches were rammed full with Poles coming into London.

Today for the first time I noticed a coach full of Poles heading out of the UK.

Sign of the times? Is this an interesting indicator of the UK's changing fortunes? Or is this just the first wave of punters heading home with their hard-earned cash?

It's always been suggested that emigration would follow a crash/recession - is this the beginning?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

David Smith did an interesting article in last week's Sunday Times.

http://www.economicsuk.com/blog/000320.html

When the work dries up all these economic immigrants will flee the country.

Who in their right mind wants to live in a country as expensive as England when there's no work?

brainclamp will suddenly find that all those immigrants who apparently have been forcing up prices will disappear.

History will repear itself, just as it did in the 90's when British brickies went to look for work in Germany.

HOLA444

I live near a route for coaches coming into London Victoria from Dover. A year or two ago I noticed that many coaches were rammed full with Poles coming into London.

Sign of the times? Is this an interesting indicator of the UK's changing fortunes? Or is this just the first wave of punters heading home with their hard-earned cash?

It's always been suggested that emigration would follow a crash/recession - is this the beginning?

RichM, no offense intended, but this must be the ultimate in anecdotal evidence. I'm not sure that your experimental methodolgy would pass peer review.

Billy Shears

HOLA445

RichM, no offense intended, but this must be the ultimate in anecdotal evidence. I'm not sure that your experimental methodolgy would pass peer review.

Billy Shears

Yeah I know that. But anecdotal is such good fun.

If I could be bothered I'd get in touch with some Polish companies and find out about numbers.

HOLA446
HOLA447

How could you tell they were all Poles?

Or do you mean scaffold poles? :P

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Holiday season. Most of the Polish are Catholics but some of them are Orthodox and celebrate Easter week later.

Good thinking.

We'll have to wait to examine the trends.

But we experience net emigration again you know we're well and truly screwed.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest muttley

They had misunderstood the job advert "Pole dancers required. £50 per hour"

I saw a coach full of dancers from Lapland who had made a similar mistake.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Obviously living in a second world country with poor services, bad housing and very low pay with the absence of dependable work and conditions was getting a bit too much for them... so they've decided to upsticks and leave the UK.

HOLA4418

Obviously living in a second world country with poor services, bad housing and very low pay with the absence of dependable work and conditions was getting a bit too much for them... so they've decided to upsticks and leave the UK.

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

As far as I'm concerned there will be more and more Polish workers coming to live and work in the UK.

I read Polish newspapers regularly, so I know what I'm talking about, believe me.

This applies to both skilled and unskilled labour.

HOLA4421

As far as I'm concerned there will be more and more Polish workers coming to live and work in the UK.

I read Polish newspapers regularly, so I know what I'm talking about, believe me.

This applies to both skilled and unskilled labour.

What are you saying? Are you Polish or something?

HOLA4422

I think one of the best things to do just now is buy property in Poland because many of these workers go home to swimming pools and the like. As more and more money leaves the UK and heads to Poland then It will push up house prices.

I like the poles as unlike scores of others that flood the UK they do a good days work and are not taking handouts from the DHSS.

HOLA4423

What are you saying? Are you Polish or something?

and I tell you more. The number of Poles in the UK will double in the next 2-3 years.

Let's be honest they don't come here only to earn some money. The UK is the best country in Europe if you want to invest in your personal development, by that I mean English (contemporary Latin) plus strong links with the rest of the Anglo-Saxon world.

HOLA4424

and I tell you more. The number of Poles in the UK will double in the next 2-3 years.

Let's be honest they don't come here only to earn some money. The UK is the best country in Europe if you want to invest in your personal development, by that I mean English (contemporary Latin) plus strong links with the rest of the Anglo-Saxon world.

Fair play to them. But if the UK economy tanks will they smell the coffee? Or is anything better than Poland right now?

HOLA4425