House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pobby

Inside Old Krusty`s Bedroom

Kirstie Allsopp's

Dream Room

The property expert and presenter of Channel 4's Location, Location, Location designs a bedroom filled with feminine charm.

What would the floor be like?

I would have a wooden floor with a floral kilim peeking out from under my bed. My mother is an interior designer and she bought me a beautiful kilim for my living room recently.

How about bedlinen?

I love bedding by the Volga Linen Company, 01728 635020; volgalinen.co.uk, £320 for a quilted double bed cover. And I try to buy Egyptian cotton sheets with the highest thread count I can afford.

What window treatments would you choose?

My bedroom is my own private space, so I would want it to be feminine. I love Floral Bouquet, ref FD206, £57 per metre, a new fabric by Mulberry, 01202 266800; mulberry.com, which I would use for curtains with plain Roman blinds beneath.

What colour walls?

I’d paint them in calming Cloudburst, £25.74 for 2.5 litres, by Sanderson Spectrum, 0161 230 0881; sanderson-uk.com.

How would you deal with storage?

I’d have small chests of drawers in pale wood as side tables from James Worral, 020 7563 7181, or Ruddy Antiques in Brighton, 01798 344622. And I’d splash out on a walk-in wardrobe so I could see all my clothes and shoes at a glance.

What about accessories?

I would have a Tivoli Audio retro radio, £99.99; tivoliaudio.com, plus glass, picture frames and trinkets from the Lacquer Chest, 020 7937 1306.

What kind of bed would you choose?

Travelling for work, I sleep in a lot of uncomfortable hotel beds, which has made me fussy. I’d choose a Vi-Spring bed, 01752 366311; vispring.co.uk, like the Classic Supreme, £3,925 for the bed and mattress, with a plain headboard.

How would you light and heat the room?

I’d have antique lamps from Anglo Oriental Antiques, 020 8960 3759; anglo-orientalantiques.com, with an open fire in a fireplace from Chesney’s, 0700 2020 700; chesneys.co.uk, arranged with pictures of friends and family on top.