House Price Crash Forum

OMG... I can not believe what the BBC seem to be about to try and spin.

The're mentioning that the housing market is healthy and hotting up but

buyers beware of gazumping... (The type that reduces house prices)

BBC are very very bad people.

CAS

NOPE... am wrong sorry... its the "buyers are outbiddng eachother"

Sick.

BBC admit to the 80s boom. Will they talk about the bust... and the one we are facing?

I think the government are pulling out all the stops to get re-elected. The childish campaign launched against david cameron...

and now a full front assult on the metal state of home buyers... I cant beleive it!

Edited by coolaftershave

CAS

Sick.

BBC admit to the 80s boom. Will they talk about the bust... and the one we are facing?

"IT's A SELLERS MARKET" I can't believe they just said that on the BBC breakfast news !

Only a couple of weeks ago it was a "Buyers market" Gazumping's back who are they trying to kid it was Gazundering the other week !

The thing is these headlines are what the general public hear and believe.....

Edited by BubblesBurst

Watching that broadcast we could always spin it our way. The presenter started off by stating their shock as a 2 bed flat in Bristol was on the market for £295k.

"Nearly £300k for a 2 bed flat in Bristol. It says it is luxury but it would have to be for that money".

A hint that it is overpriced, perhaps?

G-Man

Edited by G-Man

Watching that broadcast we could always spin it our way. The presenter started off by stating their shock as a 2 bed flat in Bristol was on the market for £295k.

"Nearly £300k for a 2 bed flat in Bristol. It says it is luxury but it would have to be for that money".

A hint that it is overpriced, perhaps?

G-Man

Also hard to believe that buyers of these 2 bed "luxury" flats are being gazumped.

<_<

Unbelievably 'piss poor' reporting by the BBC!

This 'reported' gazumping is being fed to the media by a property services company called Springmove [1] who are , according to their web site [2] "a new service offered through estate agents that transforms the existing anxiety-ridden process of buying and selling houses ...."

[1] "according to property services company Springmove" - http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages/hou...0&in_page_id=57

[2] http://www.springmove.com/index.php?page=what

I doubt that the BBC mentioned that, did they?

Edit - The report is based on :

(1) The research company GfK NOP interviewed a representative sample of 958 people between 16th and 18th December 2005

And the BBC report this as bonae fidie news?

And, as you can see, this is the third time they have pushed this ridiculous 'report' out to the press this year - http://www.springmove.com/index.php?page=press

Perhaps a few minutes research by the very well paid BBC researchers might have unearthed this?

Edited by 737

I saw this too, started the piece by talking about a ridiculously priced 300k flat in Bristol then proceeded to say how prices are on the up , sellers market, spring bounce, up 5 months in a row, gazumping etc. You'd think houses were cheap the way they were giving the impression the market was in.

Timewasting sellers cause the most failed transactions

Research by property report provider Spring Move recently revealed that home buyers in the North West and London face the highest risk of seeing a property sale fall through. Despite each region accounting for around 11.63% and 12.6% of property sales in England and Wales respectively, they accounted for 24.7% and 26.1% of failed house sales over the past five years. The South East is the safest region to buy property, with the lowest percentage of house sale failures in relation to actual sales.

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...1770&cat=47-0-0

Interesting things happen when you change the headline of the press release ;)

CAS

Sick.

I think the government are pulling out all the stops to get re-elected. The childish campaign launched against david cameron...

and now a full front assult on the metal state of home buyers... I cant beleive it!

"PRICES ARE RISING AND THERE ARE MORE BUYERS COMING ON TO THE MARKET"

That's the latest BBC headlines on BBC Breakfast...........

People will just be absorbing it all. It's the BBC they never lie!

JUST WHO IS FUNDING THIS BBC PROPAGANDA WAR ?

Prices have been rising since August 2006 she said, then it immediately cut to another clip where she went on to say prices have been rising since June 2006!!

Confused? I am! ... you couldn't make it up! :)

Halifax was then quoted even though the Halifax figures have showed house price drops in Bristol.

http://www.hbosplc.com/economy/includes/UKQ42005.doc

What a messy, erroneous, smarmy VI propaganda report.

Grinning presenters probably mortgaged up to their eyeballs.

If a boyuant market is essential to keep the economy healthy then I guess you could say it was in the public interest.

But what ever happened to impartiality and truth in this so called democracy?

I think this will put back the impending CRASH a further 12 months !

It is different this time.......it's a media brain wash.

Oh well if you can't beat them, think I'll stick my house on the market just to see what happens...... After all if the public have been fed this garbage they'll be fighting over my place in a biddding war!

SOLD OUT

Do you not think this is designed to highlight the need for HIPs?

I have to admit to not watching the programme, but I did hear it mentioned earlier and I believe they were also going to talk about HIPs.

Unbelievably 'piss poor' reporting by the BBC!

This 'reported' gazumping is being fed to the media by a property services company called Springmove [1] who are , according to their web site [2] "a new service offered through estate agents that transforms the existing anxiety-ridden process of buying and selling houses ...."

[1] "according to property services company Springmove" - http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages/hou...0&in_page_id=57

[2] http://www.springmove.com/index.php?page=what

I doubt that the BBC mentioned that, did they?

Edit - The report is based on :

(1) The research company GfK NOP interviewed a representative sample of 958 people between 16th and 18th December 2005

And the BBC report this as bonae fidie news?

And, as you can see, this is the third time they have pushed this ridiculous 'report' out to the press this year - http://www.springmove.com/index.php?page=press

Perhaps a few minutes research by the very well paid BBC researchers might have unearthed this?

Well spotted!

This is nothing but a massive marketing coups by SpringMove!

This is what their website says about their new service :

...Because everything's been checked in advance - including the buyer's ability to proceed - the contract can be signed when a price is agreed, eliminating the risk of the buyer or seller pulling out later.
http://www.springmove.com/index.php?page=what

They then send a quick 'press release' to the BBC saying Gazumping is back and Hey Presto!, they've just created a market for their own service!!!

Utterly disgusting that the BBC has fallen for SpringMove's spin.

Do you not think this is designed to highlight the need for HIPs?

I have to admit to not watching the programme, but I did hear it mentioned earlier and I believe they were also going to talk about HIPs.

They did talk about HIPs - they talked to an estate agent who basically said they won't work. The 'reporter' did mention that they had been piloted in Bristol and had been deemed a success but the face to face they did said the opposite. Mixed messages. The whole report was unbalanced and spun to oblivion.

I think it's interesting that they are risking doing reports like this when we all know what the true picture of the market is. I just wonder if it's a bit of mental prep for the masses for their future reporting of the crash that's currently taking place in many areas.

Why not get our friends at fubra to start another site for us

we come up with the ideas and study the data, then get it written up as a press release and sent through the sister site - viola the truth is out.

I say it just after 8. It really was just a sick ad for the UK Property VI Group PLC, which I belive the BBC receive dividends. Say no more.

Another classic was last night's Evening Standard article

"Nearly everyone's a winner as house prices in the capital outstrip inflation"

based on the Halifax 1996-2006 analysis out last Friday in the Times.

Just to reiterate - The news report was a rehash of a press release eminating from a property services company who are associated with many EAs and trying to sell the public HIPPs (which, according to them, will decrease gazumping). The methology used, and leading to the claim, is weak and based on a tiny sample of people, the words 'estimated' featuring strongly. Yet the BBC use this as a basis for 'real news'. It is a disgrace but should also serve as an example of how this government controlled broadcasting station can, and will, manipulate public opinion!

Edited by 737

I live in Bristol. There were features about houseprices all over the local news last night. According to HTV Bristol is the third biggest hotspot outside of London and is experienced HPI £500 a week since March.

VI spin or not, with the regional news and the local news banging on about prices rises, last nights TV was pretty depressing.

:(

A "2-bedroom flat" and "luxury" says nothing to me.

How big is it (sqm)? What facilities does it have? How high are the service charges?

Then I can compare it with flats around here (northern Hamburg region). It is standard to state these details here (2-room flats (which would be one bedroom) start at around € 40,000 here.