House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Holiday Destinations

Want to go away in a couple of months for a week or so? Were would you recommend? I am thinking Morroco or Mexico at the moment.

EDIT: I'm not sure if I really fancy Oz! :P;)

Want to go away in a couple of months for a week or so? Were would you recommend? I am thinking Morroco or Mexico at the moment.

Amsterdam :D

Im going to do some sort of UK holiday maybe Scotland. It seems weird that I have seen bugger all really of the island where I live. Am also looking for any recommendations, somewhere with good cycling.

Amsterdam :D

Im going to do some sort of UK holiday maybe Scotland. It seems weird that I have seen bugger all really of the island where I live. Am also looking for any recommendations, somewhere with good cycling.

Done the dam... and it got kinda messy so wont be doing it again for awhile. :lol::blink:

Spent last Summer around the UK... and that got kinda messy too so wont be doing it again for awhile. :lol::blink:

Let me know if you coming up and wanna see the sites of Scotland. :D:D

Guest Winners and Losers

Oh, I get it. Yes, I really need someone to show me the sights of Scotland. Think I'll take a trip up. Give Oz a miss, it probably wouldnt fancy you either.

Btw - I have a bit of Scottish in me.

Amsterdam is FOR getting messy. Have you no stamina Shaker - I could do the Dam again and again.

I'm looking for somewhere with good cycling too.

Burma is nice (seriously, one of the best trips I have ever been on)

Can't go wrong with Italy either.

Parents came back from Galapagos raving about it - but they are zoologists, so they would... Sort of a pilgrimage to were Darwin had been.

Just don't do Morocco.

Cyprus?

Why not Morocco? :unsure:

Burma is nice (seriously, one of the best trips I have ever been on)

Can't go wrong with Italy either.

Parents came back from Galapagos raving about it - but they are zoologists, so they would... Sort of a pilgrimage to were Darwin had been.

Been thinking about Italy, never been there. Any recommendations for 2 week hol?

Guest Winners and Losers

Been thinking about Italy, never been there. Any recommendations for 2 week hol?

Go to south Italy and do Rome - train to Naples (get one of the old trains that takes the coastal route), train to Salerno. You can also get the train to Pompei from Naples or Salerno. From there you can do the Amalfi coast (Vietri, Positano, Pallinuro are all nice). From Salerno you can catch the ferry to Capri.

Buona Vacanza!

Guest muttley

Loads of hassle from the locals.No let up.

Did you ever meet anyone who had a good holiday in Morocco?

Guest Guy_Montag

Btw - I have a bit of Scottish in me.

Want a bit more ;)

Guest Winners and Losers

Want a bit more ;)

Ooooh - now you've gone and highjacked Shaker's thread. :rolleyes:

Have you sent your photo in yet for the Nude Summer HPC Protest Festival??? ;)

Shaker, you've really gotta work harder and faster! :P

I'm going on what some may consider a "chav" holiday.

Tenerife (Playa De Paraiso) in a 4* all inclusive hotel. Even get a mini-bar in my room. Nice.

I'm going on what some may consider a "chav" holiday.

Tenerife (Playa De Paraiso) in a 4* all inclusive hotel. Even get a mini-bar in my room. Nice.

Dont think I could stand being surrounded by a hotel full of pissed up chavs and chavettes myself. You taking that new burd along with you?

Dont think I could stand being surrounded by a hotel full of pissed up chavs and chavettes myself. You taking that new burd along with you?

I sure am taking her. Been nearly 6 months now, does she still classify as a "new burd"?.

The hotel is pricey for Tenerife, so shouldn't be too Chavy.

Guest Winners and Losers

I sure am taking her. Been nearly 6 months now, does she still classify as a "new burd"?.

The hotel is pricey for Tenerife, so shouldn't be too Chavy.

He was only asking in case he could move in on her in your absence.

Soooo desperate! ;)

He was only asking in case he could move in on her in your absence.

Soooo desperate! ;)

Watch it WAL or I will get the chewing gum out! :huh::blink:

Guest Winners and Losers

Watch it WAL or I will get the chewing gum out! :huh::blink:

What am I missing??? :blink:

For a City Break I can recommend Moscow [went for our Sons Wedding] No listen Shaker there is some really nice tottie in Moscow honest. I was talking to a young guy who was planning on going onto St Petersburgh ....never made it as he was having so much fun in Moscow.

One word of caution, security is quite strict, so if you take a lady freind back to your room to stay the night, the hotel charges you for double occupancy :rolleyes:

We stayed at the Russia Hotel, it's slap bang overlooking Red Square, If you take breakfast in the hotel you are on the first floor with an uninterupted view of St Basil's just a few hundered yards away across the street. Anybody going I recommend you take an upgraded room as the hotel was once the largest hotel in the world [it has a reception on each of its four sides] but is a bit long in the tooth. It was built as the USSR's showpiece hotel back in the 60's hence it's prime location overlooking Red Square and St Basil's . Considering the plot it sits on there are moves afoot to demolish it and nodoubt what replaces it will be Luxury class with prices to match, so get it booked any time soon.

This was the view from our hotel room window:

Kremlin.jpg

For a City Break I can recommend Moscow [went for our Sons Wedding] No listen Shaker there is some really ...

Yes I have been planning on going to Russia for a couple of years now just never got round to it. Whats the weather like in Summer? Also how do you know the hotel charge for double occupancy if you take a girl back? :P;)

Guest Winners and Losers

Yes I have been planning on going to Russia for a couple of years now just never got round to it. Whats the weather like in Summer? Also how do you know the hotel charge for double occupancy if you take a girl back? :P;)

Mayday. I'll meet you there. I'll be wearing a rose in my lapel. Code word 'The eagle has landed'. Room 1016.

Copenhagen, St Petersburgh, and San Francisco are my 3 fav cities (that I have been too) . Moscow is nice, but I liked St Petersburgh better. Keep in mind I was in Russia during Brezhnev. I don't remember it being hot in Moscow, but I did freeze my butt of in Oslo (we were there over the summer) .

Sourthern Mexico (Cancun or Chichen Itza are beautiful) But Mexico City is a huge smelly arm pit.

Copenhagen, St Petersburgh, and San Francisco are my 3 fav cities (that I have been too) . Moscow is nice, but I liked St Petersburgh better. Keep in mind I was in Russia during Brezhnev. I don't remember it being hot in Moscow, but I did freeze my butt of in Oslo (we were there over the summer) .

Sourthern Mexico (Cancun or Chichen Itza are beautiful) But Mexico City is a huge smelly arm pit.

Thanks Karen. Will look into Cancun. B)

Guest Winners and Losers

Thanks Karen. Will look into Cancun. B)

Piffle. You are just chasing totty. :P