House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Topher Bear

Itulip.com!

Hi guys, just popped in briefly.

I spotted the other day that iTulip.com had resurfaced.

This was one of my favourate websites back at the height of the dot.com bubble. These guys correctly spotted the formation of the bubble, explained it. Correctly called the top AND how far it would fall...in fact in some ways the dot.coms fell further than even they dared to predict....but they always added the theoretical possibility!

So if these guys are back out there and predicting falling house prices in the US, then you'd better believe it!

I haven't had the chance to read it all yet, but I'm sure its gonna be a doozy of a read.

I've been hankering after a bit of info on recent trends. The rise of China, the back on form Japan, the colossal rise in the price of Gold et. al. and the rise and sustained high price of oil. All this stuff was predicted several years back as a consequence of previous excesses and cyclability. Now it is all coming to fruition, I'm intrigued as to what these same guys are saying is about to happen next.

Charlie The Tramp, I think that debt bubble deflation your worried about is about to happen after all!

NB The UK government sold of huge amounts of our Gold reserves when it was languashing down around $125 - $150 an ounce....just before it started its climb to $600+ its gonna go higher still, mark my words.

The Topher Bear Nose sniffs that something is in the air!!

Topher Bear

The Topher Bear Nose sniffs that something is in the air!!

Let me guess, you know what Monkeys cooking? :D:D

An interesting snippet from it:

EJ: Justifications for abnormal price increases are themselves a symptom of an asset bubble. Ones I’ve been hearing to justify housing prices in recent years are similar to those I heard here at iTulip.com in the late 1990s about the stock market. The more a person had invested in the stock market, the more strongly he pushed the justifications for absurd prices, and the closer we came to the end the more rabid the defense. PaineWebber's Steven Cadoff in March 2000 insisted that prices were rational just before the stock market bubble popped. Janszen Crying Wolf? Not so Fast is a textbook example of the “lady doth protest too much” asset bubble apology common then, fueled by a growing sense of dread of the impending collapse. Fear at the time was palpable. Unfortunately, I sense a similar level of anxiety and defensiveness today among over-stretched home owners who bought late in the cycle.

Guest Winners and Losers

An interesting snippet from it:

That, my dear MOD, is music to WAL's ears! :)

Thanks BubbleTurbo...its nice to know that some of my posting was worth while! :-)

I have started a thread over on the iTulip.com forum, we'll see what they have to say. The thread can be found Here! So far an interesting graph has been added of house price to rent ratio...maybe this is knocking around here too....I'm not about to spend hours checking!

Keep watching....tis all for now.

Keep up the good work, I'll check in again some time later!

Cheerio

Topher Bear