House Price Crash Forum
cowtipper

Tenant’s Beneficial Use

Hi Guys i have been renting for a while and the property

i am renting includes the white goods in the kitchen.

Unfortunately the Washer has gone all pete tong it was

getting on a bit and it smells like the motor has burnt out therefore its broken due to general wear and tear

I have spoken to the Agent and they have told me that they will not repair it due to it being for "tenant’s beneficial use" has anyoen ever heard of this as when i tookon the property i got the price down to £650 withouth the appliances of £695 with appliances.

so i just assumed that they would be covered.

If the goods have been supplied with the property, then unless you have signed something SEPERATE from your tenancy agreement, then the landlord/letting agent MUST LEGALLY maintain them.

If the goods have been supplied with the property, then unless you have signed something SEPERATE from your tenancy agreement, then the landlord/letting agent MUST LEGALLY maintain them.

Last week the washer in our rental broke down, letting agent was informed and they had it repaired.

Thanks Guys

I have sjot my self in the foot a bit

There is a small piece of print at the bottom of the Inventory thats says all appliances are provided in kind without any warranty

I have screwed myself as when i neogiated the monthly rent i asked for the appliance to be left and they increased the rent by £45 :o(

Thanks Guys

I have sjot my self in the foot a bit

There is a small piece of print at the bottom of the Inventory thats says all appliances are provided in kind without any warranty

I have screwed myself as when i neogiated the monthly rent i asked for the appliance to be left and they increased the rent by £45 :o(

Well, that may not holding up legally, check with your citizen's advice bureau.

Anyway, there are so many properties on the market crying out for tenants, you probably find a better deal in no time if you look around a bit anyway, and if you hand in your notice because of this, you probably find a rapid change of attitude happening.