House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Iran Issues A Stern Warning To U N Ahead Of Meet With Russians

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&ar...&action=article

TEHRAN (AFX) - Iran issued a stern warning to UN Security Council permanent members and Germany ahead of their talks in Moscow on its nuclear programme, saying no amount of pressure would make it back down.
"The 5+1 meeting in Moscow is more important for the participating countries than for us, because if they do not act wisely and make a mistake, they are the ones who will suffer losses," foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said.

Oil seems set to start surging which will undoubtedly impact inflation rates. The current consumer slowdown we are experiencing may get worse as oil rises and bring on the long awaited recession. Little wonder that RICS report more sellers trying to get out of the market.

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&ar...&action=article

LONDON (AFX) - Oil prices hit record peaks above 72.0 usd in London, and close to 71.0 usd in New York as the market fretted over possible military conflict between the US and Iran.

$72 and rising. :o

I'm amazed that the Republicans who are going to lose their seats in the autumn elections haven't told Bush to STFU about Iran yet. I'm sure Americans are going to love paying $5 a gallon to drive to the polls if he doesn't.

I'm sure Americans are going to love paying $5 a gallon to drive to the polls if he doesn't.

maybe, but I reckon it's referable to bathing in the warm nuclear glow of the Hidden Imam

I reckon it's referable to bathing in the warm nuclear glow of the Hidden Imam

You probably still believe that Saddam Hussein has nukes hidden somewhere, right? Ah, he probably shipped them to Iran, I guess?

Seriously, how many times are people going to be fooled by this WMD crap? Iran might have nukes a decade from now, but so what? I spent much of my life knowing that the commies had tens of thousands of nukes ready to launch at us with a few minutes notice, why should I be scared of a few nukes in Iran?

You probably still believe that Saddam Hussein has nukes hidden somewhere, right? Ah, he probably shipped them to Iran, I guess?

Seriously, how many times are people going to be fooled by this WMD crap? Iran might have nukes a decade from now, but so what? I spent much of my life knowing that the commies had tens of thousands of nukes ready to launch at us with a few minutes notice, why should I be scared of a few nukes in Iran?

It might have something to do with the Iranian president consulting with the Mahdi who died in 941 A.D.

You never know what this "spirit" might be tellling him to do :o . The last time we saw a mad Mahdi was when General "Chinese" Gordon was dispatched to deal with them and lost his head over it.

This is not the same as Iraq's WMD.

I think you'd be stretched to find any expert who doubts that Iran's nuclear programme is a cover for building nuclear weapons.

I think you'd be stretched to find any expert who doubts that Iran's nuclear programme is a cover for building nuclear weapons.

And you'll be stretched to find any who thinks they can create a usable bomb in less than a decade.

Iran is doing nothing that they're not allowed to do under the NPT. What justification is there for Bush interfering in their legal activities? Other than to push up the price of oil and make more money for his mates, I mean.

And you'll be stretched to find any who thinks they can create a usable bomb in less than a decade.

With the current 136 centrifuge cascade - yes - 9-10 years

With a 3000 cascade [now under constrction, and possibly completed] - 3 years

With 50000 cascade [plans announced last week] - 9 - 12 months

Iran is doing nothing that they're not allowed to do under the NPT. What justification is there for Bush interfering in their legal activities?

How about that the Iranians are a bunch of islamist nazis bent on desroying Israel with nuclear weapons - that enough of a reason?

Iran is doing nothing that they're not allowed to do under the NPT. What justification is there for Bush interfering in their legal activities? Other than to push up the price of oil and make more money for his mates, I mean.

Some might be concerned about the degree to which the Russians have been supplying Iran with technology and, perhaps, delivery systems.

It will be interesting to see if the UN react to the stern warning given to them by the Iranian president. He has learned from Saddam's experieince that the UN is really an ineffectual agency.

With the current 136 centrifuge cascade - yes - 9-10 years

With a 3000 cascade [now under constrction, and possibly completed] - 3 years

With 50000 cascade [plans announced last week] - 9 - 12 months

Right. Because they can build 50,000 centrifuges, make them work, develop a plutonium bomb and weaponise it in a year. Yeah.

How about that the Iranians are a bunch of islamist nazis bent on desroying Israel with nuclear weapons - that enough of a reason?

Where does Israel come into this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have, like, hundreds of nuclear weapons of their own and the missiles to launch them at Iran? I wasn't aware that Israel was part of the UK these days.

Look, the reality is that the only thing that Bush's idiotic ranting is doing is pushing Iran deeper into Islamic theocracy and faster towards developing nukes. Where exactly do we benefit from that?

The only people who will benefit from annoying Iran are oil companies, when oil hits $100 a barrel. Thank God the Republicans will be out of control of Congress in six months, maybe a Democrat Congress can keep Bush from going totally loopy.

Edited by MarkG

Right. Because they can build 50,000 centrifuges, make them work, develop a plutonium bomb and weaponise it in a year. Yeah.

Now they have mastered the technology to build a working 136 centrifuge cascade, its simple repetition. Just a matter of time. Once up and running, 50000 would produce enough weaponised uranium for several bombs in less than a year

Where does Israel come into this?

Hello? - Ahmadinejad threateded to nuke Israel only last week, after saying he'd like to "wipe it off the map" a few months ago

Edited by jp1

Where does Israel come into this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have, like, hundreds of nuclear weapons of their own and the missiles to launch them at Iran? I wasn't aware that Israel was part of the UK these days.

Look, the reality is that the only thing that Bush's idiotic ranting is doing is pushing Iran deeper into Islamic theocracy and faster towards developing nukes. Where exactly do we benefit from that?

The only people who will benefit from annoying Iran are oil companies, when oil hits $100 a barrel. Thank God the Republicans will be out of control of Congress in six months, maybe a Democrat Congress can keep Bush from going totally loopy.

Where does Israel come into this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have, like, hundreds of nuclear weapons of their own and the missiles to launch them at Iran? I wasn't aware that Israel was part of the UK these days

It has much todo with the Iranian vow to blow Israel off the face of the map. Isreal is perceived by Arab nations, quite correctly, to be a non-Arab quasi European nation due to their absense from the area following the Roman dispersal in 70 A.D. In other words, according to many of the Arab nations (Egypt perhaps being the exception) Israel has no right to exist as a nation. It is not beyond the realsm of possibility that the current regime believes that a holy jihad has been called by the long dead Mahdi of 941 AD to avenge Israel's takeover of Palestine in 1948.

Israel know that their existence depends upon an ability to fend off Arab attacks and the 6 day war proved that they have an amazing capability to defend themselves. You are no doubt correct that Israel has nukes it either possesses or can call upon should the need arise.

The big question for Israel is do they wait another 6-9 months for Iran to complete its nuke strike capability and launch or do they assume that Iran is just threatening to blow Israel up to appease some religious belief system-Jihad? What would you do given the long standing historical circumstances and the statements that have been made recently by Iran?

Once up and running,

Once up and running, Saddam Hussein's bombs would have allowed him to nuke us in forty-five minutes. Except, duh, he never had any.

Just like the Iranians were quite happy to cooperate with the IAEA to verify that they weren't building nuclear bombs, until Bush started threatening to attack them. They know that the only way to avoid being attacked by America is to have nukes: if I was in their position, I'd want them too.

50000 would produce enough weaponised uranium for several bombs in less than a year

Proving you don't know what you're talking about, because the vast majority of modern bombs use plutonium, not uranium. You see, it's pretty damn easy to make a uranium gun bomb, but it's pretty damn hard to fit a ten-ton bomb on top of a missile or drop it from a plane... and building a working plutonium implosion bomb is much harder, let alone building one that can be used effectively.

Hello? - Ahmadinejad threateded to nuke Israel only last week, after saying he'd like to "wipe it off the map" a few months ago

And? Since when is that our problem? Did Israel become part of Britain when I wasn't looking? It's not even in the EU or NATO.

don't intercontinental missiles need satellite guidance (controlled by US) so no chance of a hit anywhere other than local territories - ie israel?

No, though GPS makes them more accurate.

Edited by MarkG

And? Since when is that our problem? Did Israel become part of Britain when I wasn't looking? It's not even in the EU or NATO

The influence of Israel goes far beyond its geographic size. Jews were dispersed by the Romans in 70 AD and form an important part of many nations through the professions, politics and the arts. Judeo-Christian values have been adopted by the West over the centuries. Our legal system originated first with Mosaic Law which in turn became part of Roman law and eventually becoming part of the common law of Britain and many other Commonwealth Nations. "Religious" or not, the idea that those who curse Israel will be cursed and those that bless Isreal will be blessed is built into the Western world view.

The Holocaust was a European affair. Germany still accepts responsibility for it. England through Stan Baldwin facilitated Zionism that paved the way for 1948 and the formation of Israel as a country.

The land occupies front and center in the news. The fate of Israel is everyone's business. It occupies the minds of the Moslem extremists 24/7.

P.S. GPS was not used by the V1 and V2 rockets in WW2 which were nevertheless quite accurate.

Edited by Realistbear

And? Since when is that our problem? Did Israel become part of Britain when I wasn't looking? It's not even in the EU or NATO.

The United Kingdom is a permanent member of the UN Security Council. It is our obligation to stop states atacking and threatening other states.

If Israel is attacked with a nuke the whole of the ME would be vaporised as they respond.

That would probably bring some further inflation into the system :lol:

I am quite scared of Iran. Their leadership is far more scary than anything the US has to offer.

I don't think that Saddam was as much a threat as was hinted. By "WMD" they could only really have meant chemical weapons, which SH had demonstrated he had and was prepared to use. Their foreign minister admitted as such. These weapons could easily have been shifted or buried in the desert. The main reason was shifting him was that he was a despot.

Surely sanctions would be the best way to destroy Iran's nuclear capacity. Without oil exports Iran would have no money since it doesn't really do much else. Sure, oil prices would rise temporarily but the present high price is due to politcal tension as much as supply and demand.

Iran issued a stern warning to UN Security Council permanent members and Germany ahead of their talks in Moscow on its nuclear programme, saying no amount of pressure would make it back down.

The UN have never ordered Iran to stop enrichment; http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article12757.htm The demands that they stop are being issued by the Bush43 administration, then pedalled by the media. Do have a link to the actual warning as issued ? Likewise the 'Mahdi who died in 941 A.D.' thing.

Exactly.

---

How much support does the Iranian president actually have in Iran? He's not a dictator and he can't do what he want. From what I've read, a lot of people in Iran - including religious conservatives - are unhappy with his performance.

How much support does the Iranian president actually have in Iran? He's not a dictator and he can't do what he want. From what I've read, a lot of people in Iran - including religious conservatives - are unhappy with his performance.

If Iran had free elections there is a strong possibility that the extremists would lose power. That's why elections must be strictly controlled in that country.

And? Since when is that our problem? Did Israel become part of Britain when I wasn't looking?

You sound like an islam-groupie who thinks it's dandy for the muslim world to attack Israel. Would you be as relaxed if Israel threathened to wipe Palestine off the map?

at the end of the day markg. its iran thats causing the aggro.

infidel this and that. if we labelled the iranians as unpure scum we would be racist in your book right ?

but its ok for them to call us unpure evil scum i see....

Edited by right_freds_dead

I was reading a mag a few days ago and there was a big cartoon showing Moses fishing in a river with his mate. The river parted and the mate told Moses "Stop doing that."

Imagine, for a moment, if someone published a Cartoon of Mohammed making a joke about something or other? What would happen? Violence, threats, Jihad calls, deaths......