House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Watch Channel4 News Tonight At 7pm

Watch Channel4 News tonight. There is a piece on UK FTBers buying in Estonia just to get on the ladder. Prices have boomed there by 70% as a result. When will the madness end? Anyway, back to work. :D:D

Edited by shakerbaby

When will the madness end?

When the bankers stop flooding the world with cheap credit.

Which looks like it will be some time in the next year or two.

Getting on the ESTONIAN ladder will help them how???

Fookin long way to work, and I cant see Foxtons coming out to overprice that one!!

TB

Estonia, why darling, that would be wonderful! Just think cheap flights, low cost local produce and of course it's an up and coming area...

Derrr.. Lets see. Do we know the local taxes, the seasonal weather, do we speak the language, do we understand local customs, do we have access to a reliable, trustworthy local agent. In fact do we have a bloody clue as to what we on earth we are doing? Of course not, but don't worry! House prices always go up.

Estonia, why darling, that would be wonderful! Just think cheap flights, low cost local produce and of course it's an up and coming area...

Derrr.. Lets see. Do we know the local taxes, the seasonal weather, do we speak the language, do we understand local customs, do we have access to a reliable, trustworthy local agent. In fact do we have a bloody clue as to what we on earth we are doing? Of course not, but don't worry! House prices always go up.

Why do bearish types stick thier heads in the sand and let investment chapters pass them by?

I know its scary, and it rarely if ever makes sense on paper, but what the hell, give it a go. Ireland didnt make sense, Argentinia did'nt stack - up, New York post 9/11 certainly didnt stack.

Edited by dogbox

Estonia will the another Ireland, for you;

Doh! Why dont you wait and watch the piece first. They are set to mention it is totally unsustainable as the local wages have hardly increased despite the 70% rises in the last 12 months. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT: hardly a good time to buy yet they wheel in and interview the latest lamb to the slaughter FTBer who believes prices only ever go up and that they must get on the Estonian housing ladder as soon as. :lol::lol:

Edited by shakerbaby

They are set to mention it is totally unsustainable as the local wages have hardly increased despite the 70% rises in the last 12 months.

Affordability, mate, affordability. Don't matter that they're paying ten years wages for a shack, only the monthly payment matters. Nor will they think ill of us for devastating their economy in order to make a quick buck.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Guest Guy_Montag

With its flat tax system & motivated workforce, I imagine Estonia is quite a good place to invest. It's probably quite stable, (I think it has fewer ethnic Russians than Lithuania) and had a history of strong trade links to Scotland, prior to it being cut off by the USSR.

Personally I would rather invest there than Bulgaria, Romania or an other Balkan. But I think Dogbox is right to invest in Germany.

Hi,

Estonia (intakes breath)? Now Slovenia, there I could see some FTB potential. Historically linked with Austria and Italy, nice summer climate, beautiful mountain, lake, forest and Adriatic scenery, central European location, low prices. Then I looked the other week in a sunday supplement at opportunuities for REITS investment in Dubai, Bulgaria, Morroco, Senegal, etc., I am not a banking loans executive but some of these 'me too' locations seem nuts, nuts I tell ya!

Edited by boom_and_bust

Guest muttley

Aren't the estonians all over here?

So if they all come here, and we all go there, will both countries see a house price boom? :blink:

Makes me think, are UK FTBers in these countries pricing out the locals just like the 2nd home owning boomers have done to our country villages?

Guest Guy_Montag

Makes me think, are UK FTBers in these countries pricing out the locals just like the 2nd home owning boomers have done to our country villages?

It's all fine until people start burning the holiday homes. To be honest, I'm surprised it's not started already.

Why Estonia?

Have you seen the ladies! Wow! Tall, blonde, beautiful and smart.

Are you an EA trying out your latest BS? I still aint buying... although it is tempting. :lol::P

Have you seen the ladies! Wow! Tall, blonde, beautiful and smart.

They will be smart enough to avoid your average British bloke then, beer-swigging England fans with pie filled bellies obviously just bowl them over :rolleyes: