House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Levy process

Another Day, Another Onslaught Of "it Won't Crash" Posts

We need bulls, it helps the debate. But we only seem to get a lot of activity from them when a POSITIVE report comes out. They never seem to debate a NEGATIVE one.

SH*THOUSE comes to mind!

TB

We need bulls, it helps the debate. But we only seem to get a lot of activity from them when a POSITIVE report comes out. They never seem to debate a NEGATIVE one.

SH*THOUSE comes to mind!

TB

Yes--I think the RICS comments about rising unemployment causing more houses to come on the market struck a chord. IMHO that is the reason for the large numbers in "no upward chain" sale attempts.

Then RM come out and say the "Spring surge" is losing momentum!

What next, another "prices down" report from the ODPM?

Anyone feel like spring is in the air? Just as some observed that, following the A bomb attack on Hiroshima in 1945, there was a nip in ther air.

Edited by Realistbear

Guest Bart of Darkness

Why are they wasting their time?

If they are EAs then I guess they wouldn't see it as wasting their time.

If they are the sort of strange individual who spends every weekday evening between about 6.30 to 11.30 PM reading the posts on a site they disagree with (very easy to spot who I mean) then that kind of dysfunctional personality probably doesn't see it as a waste of time either.

Because it's spring. If I remember rightly the same thing happend around this time last year.

And how did you answer those posters last spring? You probably shot them down and warned them of the immanent crash “just around the corner”..

Well it hasn’t happened, and its not going to. I feel sorry for any first time buyers who can afford to buy now, but are frightened into waiting by the views expressed on this site and find them self priced out in the not too distant future.

Bear goggles, be honest......this time last year did you expect a crash to have happened by now? And now that it hasn’t are you not starting to doubt that it will occour?

Edited by Dubai Exile

And how did you answer those posters last spring? You probably shot them down and warned them of the immanent crash “just around the corner”..

Well it hasn’t happened, and its not going to. I feel sorry for any first time buyers who can afford to buy now, but are frightened into waiting by the views expressed on this site and find them self priced out in the not too distant future.

Bear goggles, be honest......this time last year did you expect a crash to have happened by now? And now that it hasn’t are you not starting to doubt that it will occour?

Don't flatter yourself. I bet you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of would be FTBs that have decided not to buy because of this site.

Most would be FTBs that do not buy, do not buy because they either can't afford to or are unwilling to take on a man-sized mortgage. :lol:

Well, go on then, why are they?

Hang on a minute, what about "another day, another onslaught" of It'll crash! It's crashing! It's crashed! posts?

"Well, go on then, why are they?"

Guest Winners and Losers

Don't flatter yourself. I bet you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of would be FTBs that have decided not to buy because of this site.

Most would be FTBs that do not buy, do not buy because they either can't afford to or are unwilling to take on a man-sized mortgage. :lol:

You have the honour of being the first person I put on my ignore list. You don't even have a decent argument! I'll be waiting now for the onslaught from the FTB's. Twiddly dee, twiddly dum.

Why are they wasting their time?

If they are EAs then I guess they wouldn't see it as wasting their time.

If they are the sort of strange individual who spends every weekday evening between about 6.30 to 11.30 PM reading the posts on a site they disagree with (very easy to spot who I mean) then that kind of dysfunctional personality probably doesn't see it as a waste of time either.

Do you seriously think I come on here to try to get you to change your mind? I come on here for a bit of a laugh. It's important not to take things too seriously. 30 or 40 people on here massaging each other's egos is not going to affect the property market one way or the other.

This is a good example of deranged thinking. You seriously think estate agents come on here to convert you! We're not the moonies you know.

Hang on a minute, what about "another day, another onslaught" of It'll crash! It's crashing! It's crashed! posts?

"Well, go on then, why are they?"

Desperation of course! Love it.

Of by the way, IT'S CRASHED! My brother's former flatmate's ex-girlfriends sister's fitness trainer's cousin has dropped the price of his ex-council semi in Barnsley by 5 grand. It's crashing...

You have the honour of being the first person I put on my ignore list. You don't even have a decent argument! I'll be waiting now for the onslaught from the FTB's. Twiddly dee, twiddly dum.

Thank you for that honour. You'll never know if I have a decent argument. But, as you guys on here ignore everything you don't agree with, I guess it's not surprising you choose to ignore someone who does not agree with you. My advice to you would be to lighten up a bit.

Do you seriously think I come on here to try to get you to change your mind? I come on here for a bit of a laugh.

Well, that makes you lucky number 13 on my ignore list then.

Guest Winners and Losers

Of by the way, IT'S CRASHED! My brother's former flatmate's ex-girlfriends sister's fitness trainer's cousin has dropped the price of his ex-council semi in Barnsley by 5 grand. It's crashing...

No. 2

Why do you "love it"? Why do you visit this site?

Looking at your other post's I have came to the assumption that you must be a truely evil, nasty, greedy, self centred bitch, I hope you have a lot to loose if it does go belly up...

Guest Winners and Losers

Thank you for that honour. You'll never know if I have a decent argument. But, as you guys on here ignore everything you don't agree with, I guess it's not surprising you choose to ignore someone who does not agree with you. My advice to you would be to lighten up a bit.

Well, I'm sure I won't be missing much. It is not what you say that bothers me, it is the way you are saying it. I am quite happy to hear different opinions, at times I have held a different opinion myself and many other bears have also questioned the 'crash'. You need to have a good look at some historical posts. I only believe that prices in the UK are going to fall as I have seen it happening in a country whose boom began earlier than the UK. I am not saying it is a given, but I do think the property boom has been global.

Anyway, as recently shown by Foxtons - What on earth would an EA know about economics?

My advice to you would be to lighten up a bit - it's only a forum. Jeesh. :lol:

Edited by Winners and Losers

Well it hasn’t happened, and its not going to.

Tee hee.

Last spring I sat watching like I am now and didn't rise to the 'I'm alright jack' taunting that seems to give some people so much pleasure.

Honestly. I've never really had any idea of timing (search my old posts if you want, I don't think I've ever mentioned time scales). I have no idea what is going to happen and when, if I did I could make myself a millionaire.

I'm sure many are disappointed that a crash hasn't happened yet. I remain agnostic. In the longer term I think one of two things will happen, either house prices will fall, or other essential items will rise to meet them. My aim is to invest in things that give me a good return, I adjust my expectation of events everyday after reading news and comment on a range of internet sources. HPC.co.uk is a good forum because it discusses frankly the social and economic issues affecting the UK that aren't debated in the mainstram media.

As far as stuggling FTBers are concerned things are bad. They are priced out of owning a home and are forced into renting on short term leases, I'm personally disgusted with the policy makers of this country who have spouted rhetoric about creating 'social justice' and abolishing boom and bust whilst failing to act while this has happened.

Your last question is do I doubt it will happen? Well, I don't doubt something will happen to change this state of affairs, what, when and how? I don't know, but afterall, that's why we're all here.

Meh. I'm member number 2400 ish and joined last summer, less than a year ago. If the member count is now getting towards 5000 that makes me 'average', so I don't think too many people have been repeating the same stuff for years and years.

Because around easter time is probably one of the most popular times to buy and sell a house. Market seems to be going crazy around here, but im sure it will all calm down in the winter again.

Edited by zag2me

Tee hee.

What does that mean?

I guess you had a good laugh at all the buyers last Spring and for a few Springs before that...

They are the ones laughing now, Jerko.

Edited by Dubai Exile

That's the point many bullish posters don't get. Most people on this forum are happy to debate things, however, many bulls seem incapable of enetering into debate and would rather just taunt people. Still, it takes all sorts to make a world, I suppose.

That's the point many bullish posters don't get. Most people on this forum are happy to debate things, however, many bulls seem incapable of enetering into debate and would rather just taunt people. Still, it takes all sorts to make a world, I suppose.

I guess I am bullish, but I do try and enter into debate, albeit I accept that many posters on here are often better informed than myself.

But how does "tee hee" promote useful debate?