House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Job Losses Are Causing More Houses To Come On Market

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/ab32a49c-ce77-11d...20abe49a01.html

F.T.com

Rising job losses push up home sales

By Jamie Chisholm, Economics Reporter

Published: April 18 2006 03:00 | Last updated: April 18 2006 03:00

Rising unemployment in some regions has led to an increase in the number of homes for sale, according to a report released on Tuesday.
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said house prices were higher in March for the fifth consecutive month but the pace of the increase had slowed as financially stressed households increased supply to the market.
Northern England, the Midlands and Wales, in particular, had seen a marked rise in new instructions to sell property.
These regions had suffered the largest rises in unemployment over the past year, said RICS.
Analysts have long exp-ressed concerns that consumers' worries about emp-loyment prospects could turn sentiment in the housing market.

Its over. Glory days are back again! :D

BTL'rs running for the exits.

similar tale in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

This is true. My local paper, The Alcester Standard, had EA ads with 20% "no upward chain." It says it all--its exit time folks. Fools have left it too late for top of the market prices--that was a year ago.

Its over. Glory days are back again! :D

:blink: I am not sure whats worse, BTLs who you all hate or you praying for the economy to explode and mass unemployment just so you can buy a property for peanuts.

I am not sure who is sicker to be honest.

Sad indeed. :(

I am not sure who is sicker to be honest.

Hint: we're not the ones who created a bubble which has devastated the British economy and priced most of a generation out of the housing market.

Busts follow booms, and when the government create the largest artificial boom ever in this country, they're also responsible for the big bust that follows.