House Price Crash Forum

How Much Do You Earn?

Guest Winners and Losers

HOLA441
Guest Winners and Losers

Sorry if this has been done before. Time for an update. WAL is feeling like the poor cousin. :(

Oops, sorry, was supposed to be a POLL. Something has gone terribly, terribly wrong!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Winners and Losers

Whatever the boss gives me

Baboonselling%20coconuts.jpg

Peanuts then.

I get paid pigs ears. :)

We're in the top 1%

Is that ever since you became an EA?? ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Winners and Losers

Yep the £5.00 an hour has pushed us over the top, i can't decide what to spend it all on !!!

Property of course. Will you never learn! :rolleyes::lol:

HOLA447

Sorry if this has been done before. Time for an update. WAL is feeling like the poor cousin. :(

Oops, sorry, was supposed to be a POLL. Something has gone terribly, terribly wrong!

If I get my doctorate, 24.5k in Bristol, which is better than a kick in the teeth but it does not go very far here. I can get quite a few tins of lidl baked beans though and for a special treat i get a tin of lidl goat chicken curry.

Edited by iamconfusedagain

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest Winners and Losers

You really must make your avatar more obvious, there really is not enough t*ts and ar*e on here. :rolleyes:

Btw, her bum is huge. I much prefer Shaker's.

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

If I get my doctorate, 24.5k in Bristol, which is better than a kick in the teeth but it does not go very far here. I can get quite a few tins of lidl baked beans though and for a special treat i get a tin of lidl goat chicken curry.

Lidl does, or perhaps did, really excellent "American style" french fries. The thin ones.

Billy Shears

HOLA4413

You're not serious? please tell me you're not!

Sorry I am here writing my discussion with 1 tin of beans 35p bread and 1kg of 99p muesli.

Lidls chocolate ice-cream is the best in the world $1.09 for 1.5l atm :)

Edit: its only molecular biology though not a proper doctor. If you think about it all i do most of the day is make gels out of sea weed and mix up different coloured liquids. Bloody experiments never work anyway.

Edited by iamconfusedagain

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

You're not serious? please tell me you're not!

Tune into the reality that is research in the UK. You get paid ****** all.

Luckily, we don't do it for the money :)

HOLA4418

Sorry I am here writing my discussion with 1 tin of beans 35p bread and 1kg of 99p muesli.

Edit: its only molecular biology though not a proper doctor. If you think about it all i do most of the day is make gels out of sea weed and mix up different coloured liquids. Bloody experiments never work anyway.

Hey NETTO's Drinking Chocolate 'CHOC AMOUR' is the bestest one ever. Pisses on all that Cadburys stuff and is only 59p a jar!!!

The secret is to put 4 spoons in the cup and then put some milk in - the same you would put in a coffee or tea. Then you stir it up so it goes into a paste and then pour on your boiling water. This makes it the smoothest, frothiest Chocolate you have EVER tasted!!!

Started salivating.... going to make one now for my nightcap.

TB

Edited by teddyboy

HOLA4419
Guest muttley

I don't think it matters what people earn.

The site works well because it is a cross section of society who, for one reason or another,have decided to question the view that getting on "the ladder" is always a good thing.

If you approach the forums with the view that every poster might have something to say that you didn't already know, then you are bound to learn something. Revealing one's salary might introduce a hierarchy.

And it won't make one bit of difference if i answer right or wrong.

When you're rich, they think you really know!

.....Fiddler on the Roof

Being British, I would find it rather vulgar too.

HOLA4420

I don't think it matters what people earn.

The site works well because it is a cross section of society who, for one reason or another,have decided to question the view that getting on "the ladder" is always a good thing.

If you approach the forums with the view that every poster might have something to say that you didn't already know, then you are bound to learn something. Revealing one's salary might introduce a hierarchy.

Being British, I would find it rather vulgar too.

agreed

Edited

I think i would probably be the highest earner? but so what

Edited by Flat Bear

HOLA4421
Guest Winners and Losers

But so what? I asked the question (supposed to be a poll, not direct answers!!) because someone posted that they were an FTB on combined income of 150k with 120k cash deposit. What hope is there for everyone else?

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Interesting... looks a bit bimodal which would make sense I think if the population splits into those looking to buy their first house and those looking to invest spare cash somewhere, perhaps in property. Both of these groups would have an interest in a potential HPC.

Good to see that there's only one TTRTR... and he hasn't voted yet!

Edited by aussieboy

HOLA4425

I'm a third year post-doc, I think I'll move up to 27K when my pay rise comes up at the end of the month...

Tune into the reality that is research in the UK. You get paid ****** all.

Luckily, we don't do it for the money :)

I'm quite shocked by that.

Better do some work now!