House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
libitina

Why So Many Guests On Here?

I would rather have a whole pile of honest guests than the influx of trolls that has happened recently.

I hope that if they discover something they want to say they will sign-on. Its good to have newbies, just not newbies who are olbies with wannabe personalities!

TBH.. there has been a lot of guests all the time.

Does anyone not realise that since the site re-design (January) that traffic has increased? I beleive that the design was by a member of FUBRA.

Why can we not give them credit for the exposure they are getting this site?

I AM CONVINCED this is down to FUBRA and their marketing departments.

TB

They're all in the closet and need to COME OUT as 'Price Crashers'.

:rolleyes:

Okay, I'll bite. My personal opinion is that property prices in Britain are set to go down, but whether it'll be a crash or a gradual meeting with inflation I don't know.

I look at these fora because I'm trying to decide what to do once I've sold my own house - buy another or rent. I'd be inclined to rent for a year or two if the market's going to be static, but on the other hand can I afford two years of annual 10% inflation on a £250K house - £50K is close to a year's salary.

So now I've registered and posted, does that mean I'm a fully paid-up member of the HPC club?

Cheers

Paul

Guest Winners and Losers

Okay, I'll bite. My personal opinion is that property prices in Britain are set to go down, but whether it'll be a crash or a gradual meeting with inflation I don't know.

I look at these fora because I'm trying to decide what to do once I've sold my own house - buy another or rent. I'd be inclined to rent for a year or two if the market's going to be static, but on the other hand can I afford two years of annual 10% inflation on a £250K house - £50K is close to a year's salary.

So now I've registered and posted, does that mean I'm a fully paid-up member of the HPC club?

Cheers

Paul

Hmmmm? I think it will take more than that. ;)

Welcome though and good for you for coming out. :P

Hmmmm? I think it will take more than that. ;)

Welcome though and good for you for coming out. :P

Next please! :D:D

I appear as a guest on here as I rarely log in. TBH, the sexism, bigotry &, above all, racism. that is appearing more & more on this site makes me very disinclined to post/log in. There is still some useful information to be gleaned but there ain't half a load of dross to wade through. I suspect that many of the 'guests' are in fact members who can't face the flak/be arsed to argue with the entrenched opinions.

Logging out now :D

Guest Winners and Losers

I appear as a guest on here as I rarely log in. TBH, the sexism, bigotry &, above all, racism. that is appearing more & more on this site makes me very disinclined to post/log in. There is still some useful information to be gleaned but there ain't half a load of dross to wade through. I suspect that many of the 'guests' are in fact members who can't face the flak/be arsed to argue with the entrenched opinions.

Logging out now :D

I blame you for that one Shaker.

What's the difference between a guest and anonymous user? I was one of those for about 3 weeks before deciding to join as I agreed with the sentiment on this forum. My debut last came in a flash of glory last night but only because I pressed the NEW TOPIC button in error - rather than in the newbie thread.

I get the feeling one or two people are not sure about me because of my prose in the 2 'worthwhile' contributions that I have made. I think I can put that down to too many glasses of wine. I can see why people are unsure from this link forum discussion:

Dealing with Trolls

I have attempted to defend myself as I am doing now, but in the meantime I will lay low, not start threads willy-nilly & hope and join in the discussions.

Work tomorrow :(

I blame you for that one Shaker.

Lets be honest here, since mid November last year this place has gone down hill... fast! :lol::P

Guest Winners and Losers

Lets be honest here, since mid November last year this place has gone down hill... fast! :lol::P

Why thank you. I'll take that as a compliment. :unsure:;):D

Surely anything going down is a good thing???

Edited by Winners and Losers

/

I read it for Realistbear's news roundup.

I don't really think I can be bothered. I mean, if you're too stupid to be able to realise that the spelling of a person in rented accomodation (tenant) is different to that of a Scottish lager (tennants) then should you be allowed to disclaim your opinions?

Maybe that's why you have so many guests?

Paul

What's the difference between a guest and anonymous user? I was one of those for about 3 weeks before deciding to join as I agreed with the sentiment on this forum. My debut last came in a flash of glory last night but only because I pressed the NEW TOPIC button in error - rather than in the newbie thread.

I get the feeling one or two people are not sure about me because of my prose in the 2 'worthwhile' contributions that I have made. I think I can put that down to too many glasses of wine. I can see why people are unsure from this link forum discussion:

Dealing with Trolls

I have attempted to defend myself as I am doing now, but in the meantime I will lay low, not start threads willy-nilly & hope and join in the discussions.

Work tomorrow :(

Don't attempt to defend yourself. It becomes very clear very soon who is trolling and who is for real. Welcome.

Alot of them tend to be google search bots/ Spambots.

AH. That explains the limited number of expressions. The must be working on that programme that has about 2000 sentences which are all you really need to convince someone that your human.

perhaps there shy

come on now at least one guest sign up and tell us what brings you here.

always good to meet new people

Hello Everybody,

I have silently been reading these postings for the better part of a year now, usually checkin everyday see what the gossip is. So here is a bit about myself:

I live in Cobham Surrey, 31 yrs of age and renting a lovely 3 bedroom cottage for cheaper than my IO mortgage would be costing me. My g/f and I are above average earners, have around £120k cash on deposit, and bring in about £150k between us.

We are both FTB's and although our price bracket thankfully stretches beyond the flat above the kebab shop :blink: , nevertheless we don't want to commit our savings and livelihood for exactly the same reason as the rest of you FTB's , STR's etc. I am firmly a market bear and persuaded the g/f to our side of the fence too. Its not without pain mind you, every once in a while I catch here browsing through the freebie property papers that drop through the door looking for a 'barn we can do up' :ph34r: and the like. But I'm winning the war and she understands that it doesn't matter but the economics of house price inflation, irrespective of your price bracket, can affect us all.

Anyway, now I've registered I'll add something to the debates when I can.

TT9.

Oh, my favourite posters are RealistBear, Red Baron, DrBubb, and for a balanced debate TTRTR :ph34r: