Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Collapse In Housing Demand In Germany Sends Brickies Here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4916138.stm

Last Updated: Monday, 17 April 2006,

13:09 GMT 14:09 UK

German builders head towards UK

German bricklayers will be offered English lessons
After decades of sending builders and bricklayers to work in mainland Europe, the UK is now attracting craftsmen from Germany to its construction industry.
In the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, German builders are being advised how to "attack" the UK market.
The construction industry is stagnating in Germany, but up to 30,000 new homes a year have been earmarked for building in the UK over the next two decades.
The 2012 Olympics in London is another attraction for overseas builders

This might not be such good news for Dogbox?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4916138.stm

The construction industry is stagnating in Germany, but up to 30,000 new homes a year have been earmarked for building in the UK over the next two decades.

The 2012 Olympics in London is another attraction for overseas builders

So the BBC report that "up to 30,000 new homes a year have been earmarked for building". Yet the Barker report has recommended:

Between 70,000 and 120,000 additional private sector homes each year

Between 17,000 and 23,000 social homes each year, at a cost of up to £1.6bn

Is the BBC, yet again, talking b@llocks? Perhaps that's what happens when you employ economic journalists who only have liberal arts degrees. :lol:

Edited by 737

talk about missing the boat

the german brickies that come here are gonna realise the Eastern europeans that made there wages crap in germany are here as well making the wages crap here.

The boom is over, there are plenty of houses and even more when the economic migrants find there the first outta work

She said builders were advised how to "attack" the market, and how to get contracts, as well as overcoming hurdles such as customs, taxes, registration, and even cultural barriers.

Couldn't Bettina Hansmeier have picked a better phrase such as "Blitz", :huh:

I wonder if they'll be parachuting in dressed as nuns? :lol:

Edited by Solvent Celt

Couldn't Bettina Hansmeier have picked a better phrase such as "Blitz", :huh:

I wonder if they'll be parachuting in dressed as nuns? :lol:

They are white. What's your problem? Its cheap racism that at least one potential poster on another thread identified as a reason s/he doesn't actually join in.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ndpost&p=350731

We know you've got an election on but racism is wrecking this board. You hijack every thread to put a xenophobic commentary. I only posted the moon thread to see if you had a twisted enough mindset to allow you to hijack that one too.

Edited by Elizabeth

They are white. What's your problem? Its cheap racism that at least one potential poster on another thread identified as a reason s/he doesn't actually join in.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ndpost&p=350731

We know you've got an election on but racism is wrecking this board. You hijack every thread to put a xenophobic commentary. I only posted the moon thread to see if you had a twisted enough mindset to allow you to hijack that one too.

Hey Liz get a grip. I was pointing out that it was an inappropriate use of the word "attack".

FFS if I'd said something along the lines of Aryan Brickies welcome then you'd have been having a go about that!!!

Moon thread wtf???

Racism wrecking this board? Are you for real??? Listen I don't want to make this personal so I'll just leave it there.

Forgive me for not losing any sleep over one person not posting because people post views they find objectionable. I mean good god how dare they!!!

Edited by Solvent Celt

Hey Liz get a grip. I was pointing out that it was an inappropriate use of the word "attack".

FFS if I'd said something along the lines of Aryan Brickies welcome then you'd have been having a go about that!!!

Moon thread wtf???

Racism wrecking this board? Are you for real??? Listen I don't want to make this personal so I'll just leave it there.

Forgive me for not losing any sleep over one person not posting because people post views they find objectionable. I mean good god how dare they!!!

Well since I am looking forward to forced repatriation once the BNP take power, I really don't care how personal you get in the interim.

Well since I am looking forward to forced repatriation once the BNP take power, I really don't care how personal you get in the interim.

Really??? You not here legaly?

Now, now, more immigrants to come here, taking our jobs, and putting their towels on our park benches.

More people for your gang-bangs Sanny! :D