House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HCN

Newbie Poster, Please Drop Everything & Read!

Ok, here goes, I will namedrop a bit but I hope you people won’t mind, this is a longish intro but as it’s my first I might as well make some sort of impact!

Hello, I’ve been lurking on this site a few weeks now, and I can honestly say what a joy (yes a joy) it is to meet similar oppressed minded people, this has eased my misery somewhat - some of the messages make me laugh, some ‘eh?’ and some are totally over my head. There is a new thread about how Housepricecrash has helped ‘changed your life’, so I’ll do post number 2 there. I have noted all the main posters and find it funny how a Swedish landlord is one of your top posters, although his threads and quips and the responses are quiet entertaining. I have been to the troll subforum (funny!) but don’t understand how some of them seem to have been booted out when it would appear this site has one or two currently trolls active in the main discussion area??? Why are Billy Shears threads in the troll forum & now he’s born again ‘bear’. Answers on a postcard please. I think Realistbear’s are the most agreeable as I can just about understand them (er..sort of ) :blink:

I think I found this site through moneysavingexpert.com, there is a poll on there asking if you think there will be house price crash – after voting I went to google and typed in ‘house price crash’ and found you from there, the rest as they say is history.

I’m an FTB, never owned, I cannot afford a place fullstop (studio flats excepted). I missed the boat in the nineties and consequently live with my parents who are going to move to France, as a statistic for you, the house is a 4 bedroomed detached house for £215K in a ‘nice’ part of Aylesbury and has been on the market since February 1st – 5 viewers & one no-show so far….

I work for the UK’s largest mortgage provider (I have seen the thread on the UK's companies :lol: ) although I do not deal with that side of the business, I get lots of shares thrown at me and in the last few years have done very well with the rise in share price. As I cannot own a home (thanks Tony, Gordon) I’m forced to pitch my earnings into investments although my knowledge is a present somewhat limited – the shares have helped and I’m starting to expand my knowledge, unfortunately DrBubb’s messages are some what over my head, I have top experts working on them at the moment….I do so really want to understand :(

I’ve never watched property shows, why should I?? I can’t afford anything on there and the programs just p*ss me off :angry: - It was only recently that I found out who the couple were on Bingley Bloke’s avatar!! :lol: Since I started visiting this website I’ve actually began to read the property sections in the weekend papers – the inside back page of the Times this weekend though is all about Rosie Millard Arrgghhh!! :o My main gripe in this HPI insanity is the media, my blood boils when I see ‘house prices shooting up’ as being reported as ‘good’ news. Really? ;) I’m a Telegraph reader (Ok, Ok) and although they like to slate the government, some of the housing articles can be rather hysterical. Not sure if I should ever bother with papers but I suppose they are a necessary evil.

I've 'dabbled' with shared ownership and have been on Aylesbury Vale councils ‘waiting list’ since October 2005, went to see them 3 months ago to see them ‘how I was doing’ and was told there are ‘no new developments’ until 2007. Well I'm a little bit knowledgeable now after reading some of the posts and they can get st*ff*ed. It looks like I’ll be moving to Bristol during the summer owing to my work situation and I’ll be looking to rent somewhere, I hope I can get on with my fellow tenants. Still fret about this deposit thing & getting it back and being kicked out etc etc. I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Sorry for my rambling but pleased to meet you all :rolleyes:

PS. Will ‘Housing Boom’ be posting here soon?? ;)

I have been to the troll subforum (funny!) but don’t understand how some of them seem to have been booted out when it would appear this site has one or two currently trolls active in the main discussion area??? Why are Billy Shears threads in the troll forum & now he’s born again ‘bear’. Answers on a postcard please.

I went through a regeneration. Very much like Dr Who, but given that I use an avatar you didn't get to see my features and wardrobe change at the same time.

Billy Shears

You look a bit like I would imagine Jesus would have looked, in your Avatar, Billy.

Yes, but since Ringo was in The Beatles, perhaps he was just a little bit bigger.

Billy Shears

Jesus ? Paul Mcartney is God

Ops is that Ringo, so it is

I meant to start my post in the newbie's section, not as a seperate thread! Doh! I'll learn - I'm replying to Billy Shears so I can keep it in this thread. I hope this goes where it should do.....

Welcome.

I wanted / did say hello to the group and the some of the responses were all about the Beatles! Sob! Sniff! :( Makes me want to be a spokesman at Foxtons :lol: Thanks to everyone that replied, now to business.....