House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Iran's Reason For Wanting A Nuke -- War Is Just A Kiss Away

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...6/ixportal.html

The frightening truth of why Iran wants a bomb

By Amir Taheri

(Filed: 16/04/2006)

Last Monday, just before he announced that Iran had gatecrashed "the nuclear club", President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad disappeared for several hours. He was having a khalvat (tête-à-tête) with the Hidden Imam, the 12th and last of the imams of Shiism who went into "grand occultation" in
In Ahmadinejad's analysis, the rising Islamic "superpower" has decisive advantages over the infidel. Islam has four times as many young men of fighting age as the West, with its ageing populations. Hundreds of millions of Muslim "ghazis" (holy raiders) are keen to become martyrs while the infidel youths, loving life and fearing death, hate to fight. Islam also has four-fifths of the world's oil reserves, and so controls the lifeblood of the infidel. More importantly, the US, the only infidel power still capable of fighting, is hated by most other nations.
Moments after Ahmadinejad announced "the atomic miracle", the head of the Iranian nuclear project, Ghulamreza Aghazadeh, unveiled plans for manufacturing
54,000 centrifuges
, to enrich enough uranium for hundreds of nuclear warheads. "We are going into mass production," he boasted.
At the same time, not to forget the task of hastening the Mahdi's second coming, Ahamdinejad will pursue his provocations. On Monday, he was as candid as ever: "To those who are angry with us, we have one thing to say: be angry until you die of anger!"
His adviser, Hassan Abassi, is rather more eloquent. "The Americans are impatient," he says, "at the first sight of a setback, they run away. We, however, know how to be patient. We have been weaving carpets for thousands of years."

Many people have criticized Blair and Bush and their willingness to go into the middle east to preven the proliferation of WMDs. I have always felt that the jury was out and that we should see what happens from the benefit of hindsight. I watched the "Gathering Storm" a few weeks ago and saw how Winston was considred to be a nutter for warning that Germany was re-arming etc. If this article is accurate George and Tony may yet be proven to be the sanest 2 politicians in the world today. "If" it is true.

If the president of Iran is conferring with the dead he is conferring with demonic forces and they actually believe in this stuff and will push the button on the basis of it.

Might be wise to slowly move some money out of stocks methinks. :o

In Ahmadinejad's analysis, the rising Islamic "superpower" has decisive advantages over the infidel. Islam has four times as many young men of fighting age as the West, with its ageing populations. Hundreds of millions of Muslim "ghazis" (holy raiders) are keen to become martyrs while the infidel youths, loving life and fearing death, hate to fight.

Look at Saddam's conscripted men in '91 and 2003, they didn't seem too keen to fight, especially when the West can drop smart bombs on a whim. Maybe they simply weren't 'holy' enough? :rolleyes:

Europe is demographically shagged though, if you need a batch of bright eyed 18 year olds in 2024 and they're not born today, there's no way of bringing them about once the time has passed. This is why the housing debate is so fundamentally sad, the longterm affects will be felt for decades, and for what reason? Because of a pile of cheap bricks and a patch of useless land, both of which are in abundance.

If only the bubble mania could have found an outlet in orchids or tulip bulbs it would have been a lot less socially destructive, messing with an entire generation's ability to live and put a roof under their head is really, really screwed up.

His adviser, Hassan Abassi, is rather more eloquent. "however, know how to be patient. We have been weaving carpets for thousands of years."

yes. i know. instead of building good public services and societys they sit around in caves discussing the best ways for other people to behave in their interpretation is islam.

instead of the iraqis rolling up their sleeves and getting to grips with their OWN problems, building sewers and systems and electricity and security. they are busy instead squabbling over religion and power. as always. the responsibility falls to someone else...

this is why they are backward nations. i wonder about the real iranian people though. how they have allowed such morons to speak for them and lead them into war. dont they want to live in peace ? dont they want to eat and reproduce like everyone else. or do they instead prefer squabbling over interpreations and babbling in religious tongues..? (pointing finger to sky ect).

instead of the iraqis rolling up their sleeves and getting to grips with their OWN problems, building sewers and systems and electricity and security. they are busy instead squabbling over religion and power. as always. the responsibility falls to someone else...

You don't think that the occupying powers might be colluding in this? A bit of divide and rule is always good when you're on the Imperial land grab,

Peter.

You don't think that the occupying powers might be colluding in this? A bit of divide and rule is always good when you're on the Imperial land grab,

Peter.

no i dont. its too easy to say that. if they were so 'occupied' they wouldnt have slapped saddams statue with the underside of their shoes. thatss some deep contept. then comes the rebuilding bit....

the proof of the brain of the nation came after that when they looted themselves dry and tooled up gangs began to take control of the vacum. how many people were involved in the looting and pilaging - almost all of them. how many usa/uk soldiers did this ? mmm...none.

in britain we would have all volunteered to re-build from the dust. we would have fixed the electric and sewers. got ourselves organised. insted of planting roadside bombs, keeping quiet and then complaining to the new powers that the water is down. they kill 50 people in a mosque and then in revenge, london suicide bombers kill the london commuters who freed them because of it. ungrateful anyone ??

to me they are a huge bunch of mostly lazy b@stards,.

too lazy to work at freedom or democracy.

no i dont. its too easy to say that. if they were so 'occupied' they wouldnt have slapped saddams statue with the underside of their shoes. thatss some deep contept. then comes the rebuilding bit....

Interestingly, there are questions about how staged the toppling of Saddam's statue was:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2842.htm

Peter.

Racist? Nah, might accuse you of being a merkin flunkey agent provocateur sent to infiltrate these boards and spread discord and malcontent. :ph34r:

Interestingly, there are questions about how staged the toppling of Saddam's statue was:

ok then. go watch interviewed iraqi doctors complaining about the looting of hospitals. or the general lack of security. and then go see the dead from the many, many internal iraqi terror bombings. how staged are they ?

i see it for what it is. iraqis killing iraqis over power/religious fundementals and money.

instead of getting together they split into armed chanting groups. and then attack civillian foreign workers and then hang the tattered burned remains on a bridge in falluja. simple workers who simply came to fix the electric for money.

the population is stone aged. instead of doing this why dont they do some facking work on their OWN sewers, electric and security. naw. thats hard work. better to group around a couple of toyato trucks and go and intimidate the rest of the population. kill policement. firemen. clerics. women and children. then blame it on the american bombers..how backward do you have to be not to see this.

a bunch of hollering, jabbering, backward, mongering imbeciles....mostly.

and anyone lives in iraq and who isnt the above.

..is guilty of apathy.

and the same goes for most of africa.

corrupt to the core....

Edited by right_freds_dead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...6/ixportal.html

The frightening truth of why Iran wants a bomb

By Amir Taheri

(Filed: 16/04/2006)

It's been pointed out to me that Amir Taheri works for:

Benador Associates is a public relations firm that promotes conservative writers and speakers dealing with U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.

About which has been said:

Jim Lobe describes Benador as follows:

"When historians look back on the United States war in Iraq, they will almost certainly be struck by how a small group of mainly neo-conservative analysts and activists outside the administration were able to shape the US media debate in ways that made the drive to war so much easier than it might have been… But historians would be negligent if they ignored the day-to-day work of one person who, as much as anyone outside the administration, made their media ubiquity possible. Meet Eleana Benador, the Peruvian-born publicist for Perle, Woolsey, Michael Ledeen, Frank Gaffney and a dozen other prominent neo-conservatives whose hawkish opinions proved very hard to avoid for anyone who watched news talk shows or read the op-ed pages of major newspapers over the past 20 months."

— Jim Lobe, The Andean Condor among the Hawks (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/EH15Aa01.html), Asia Times, August 15, 2003.

Given that there appears to be a similar demonizing of Iran as happened to Iraq, one might treat such sources with a little care.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title...ador_Associates

Peter.

i see it for what it is. iraqis killing iraqis over power/religious fundementals and money.

instead of getting together they split into armed chanting groups.

To be honest Iraq has never naturally hung together as a nation, after the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire following WWI the British held mandate over the region and we cobbled together three different provinces, along with various sects and tribes and imported a prince from Saudi to act as king... that didn't exactly go to plan either.

Given that there appears to be a similar demonizing of Iran as happened to Iraq, one might treat such sources with a little care.

nonsense.

they are the ones coming out of the blue sky to join the nuclear club, and are also doing the cursive speeches. unless you think thats a cia tape recorder coming out of the iranian leders mouth ???

go on. BP. call me a rasict. its about time....

why dont the iranians simply get on with normal life. why the religious assault on world peace.

whats mrs jones of 12 bury st, deal. done thats angered the iranians so ?

nonsense.

they are the ones coming out of the blue sky to join the nuclear club, and are also doing the cursive speeches. unless you think thats a cia tape recorder coming out of the iranian leders mouth ???

go on. BP. call me a rasict. its about time....

why dont the iranians simply get on with normal life. why the religious assault on world peace.

whats mrs jones of 12 bury st, deal. done thats angered the iranians so ?

I don't want to call anyone a racist.

I do think that the picture which the media paint of Iran is terribly biased in the direction which the government wants, which appears to be to demonize Iran (take a look at www.medialens.org). I am trying to suggest that there is another side to the story (and even the Iran leader's speeches, which are in Farsi, have not been translated very well, I believe. You can probably guess in which direction),

Peter.

I am trying to suggest that there is another side to the story (and even the Iran leader's speeches, which are in Farsi, have not been translated very well, I believe. You can probably guess in which direction),

well, y'know. its all the fault of someone else BUT the iranins themselves isnt it.

this is why they escape to our safer shores in their thousands...

the iranian people must be pretty stupid to allow this nutcase to be speaking for them like this. why do they allow themselves to be subject to this. like the north koreans. they are simply lazy.

saying yes to everything is pretty easy. saying no is harder.

its so much easier to join a islamic lynch mob and begin beating your heart in support of some idiot than to think and act for yourself and your family.

when i see these beating, jumping chanters i think to myself. where are their wives and children. why are they not working to look after them and feeding them ect. same for africans. its just so much easier to be a lazy tw@t and blame it on the west, who seem to have things together - which must have been at the expense of us and our resources ect ? it cant be us....

we dont trade norweigan wood and then have the norweigans saying we are stealing their resources. we trade oil and they come out crying. plus they never do anything with the oil money anyway. no sewers, electrics or security. all usualy wasted on some bent religious dictator.

they even hijack islam. thats the worst bit.

To be honest Iraq has never naturally hung together as a nation, after the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire following WWI the British held mandate over the region and we cobbled together three different provinces, along with various sects and tribes and imported a prince from Saudi to act as king... that didn't exactly go to plan either.

well then if they cant get along without killing each other for simply tribal notions,

then thats THEIR problem aint it.....

we dont trade norweigan wood and then have the norweigans saying we are stealing their resources. we trade oil and they come out crying. plus they never do anything with the oil money anyway. no sewers, electrics or security. all usualy wasted on some bent religious dictator.

The west has a long history of supporting bent dictators. It's hard to overthrow your government when vastly richer countries than yours are sending them huge amounts of weapons and money in return for the country's resources.

instead of getting together they split into armed chanting groups. and then attack civillian foreign workers and then hang the tattered burned remains on a bridge in falluja. simple workers who simply came to fix the electric for money.

..is guilty of apathy.

Ok 2 points here I am going to bother to pull you up on...

1 Those chaps that got burned and hung from a bridge - worked for http://www.blackwaterusa.com/securityconsulting/ Check em out. Hardly civilian, and incidentally are exempt from both US and Iraqi law.

2. Whats the point in fixing anything when the US are going to blow it apart again with high explosive or DU ammo. Even if they would let you in the first place?

well, y'know. its all the fault of someone else BUT the iranins themselves isnt it.

this is why they escape to our safer shores in their thousands...

the iranian people must be pretty stupid to allow this nutcase to be speaking for them like this. why do they allow themselves to be subject to this. like the north koreans. they are simply lazy.

saying yes to everything is pretty easy. saying no is harder.

its so much easier to join a islamic lynch mob and begin beating your heart in support of some idiot than to think and act for yourself and your family.

when i see these beating, jumping chanters i think to myself. where are their wives and children. why are they not working to look after them and feeding them ect. same for africans. its just so much easier to be a lazy tw@t and blame it on the west, who seem to have things together - which must have been at the expense of us and our resources ect ? it cant be us....

well then if they cant get along without killing each other for simply tribal notions,

I knew a number of Iranians when I lived in the US--many had fled their homeland when the Ayatollah's regime of terror began after the Shah was deposed. The average Iranian is like the average person in most countries--interested in living a decent life and following the policy of live and let live. The people have been hijacked by fanatics much as Germany was in the 1930's. They have no freedom of expression because the thought police are powerful and execution followers the slightest infraction. It is such an Islamic state that forms of vision of those who believe their god is sending their young warriors to become homicide bombers throughout the world.

So what happens next and will the US be condemned if they strike first? If the US do not, Israel surely will so they are going to fry either way.

Could it be that Messrs. Bush and Blair are, in fact, pursuing policies in the Middle East that are designed to avoid WW3. After all the US has never indicated that it was going to take away oil and not pay for it.

IN the meantime time to shift into cash, maybe gold if you have the stomach for rollercoasters.

The west has a long history of supporting bent dictators. It's hard to overthrow your government when vastly richer countries than yours are sending them huge amounts of weapons and money in return for the country's resources.

this is EXACTLY the kind of utter tosh i was talking about.

it wasnt the iraqi looters that emptied the hospitals of medicine.

it was the west and their thirst for the lands of alah...ect.

it wasnt the iraqi terrorists that killed 50 worshippers IN PRAYER.

it was the west and their evil empire building on holy lands....ect.

its not the fault that no one reports the internal terrorsists as they kill the iraqi policemen who were giving out parking tickets in a market by shooting them in the back of the head. on video.

bahah..its the evil west and their crusade......ect.

no. its not the roadside bombs made by jihadis that somehow walk to the side of the roads and kill passing civilains, leaving their children orphans to a country with hardly any orphanages.

its the evil west and their infidel plans to aha ahahlallalal !! ect.

Ok 2 points here I am going to bother to pull you up on...

1 Those chaps that got burned and hung from a bridge - worked for http://www.blackwaterusa.com/securityconsulting/ Check em out. Hardly civilian, and incidentally are exempt from both US and Iraqi law.

2. Whats the point in fixing anything when the US are going to blow it apart again with high explosive or DU ammo. Even if they would let you in the first place?

1. every civillian worker in iraq will have slightly questionable contacts of one form or another. ex military ect. to be expected. not ideal, but who else would want to do that particular job ? and i am not saying the situation is ideal, but to chew up the bodies and drag them on theback of trucks, then hang the blacked, shredded corpses on a bridge - while smiling and video-ing it. who are these absolute lack of any sort of moral creatures ??? they are like animals. not a simple beating and send home here.

2. thats a poor excuse.

instead answer me this.

why will abandoning any daily work for your family and getting together with some other armed males and leaping on the back of an african/iraqi pick up truck with an RPG rocket help anyone ?

they simply are lazy fockers.

africans - go dig your own water wells and look after them. (dont fill them with the bodies of some other tribes people and they'll be fine)

iraqis - either rebuild and trade or fock off back to saddam or the stone ages.

im not paying for your sewers when your too lazy to do it yourself. if you dont want freedom. thats fine. dont try to ever take mine. im not as stupid as you.

Is it? If I was in a heated gun battle with someone over the valley and you're in the middle then it may well bother you, especially if you're trying to buy commodities off me.

Is it? If I was in a heated gun battle with someone over the valley and you're in the middle then it may well bother you, especially if you're trying to buy commodities off me.

ALL gun battles start with...

1. a hunger for power by individuals via a made up religious distrust of the other side.

never bullets for nothing. NI-YUGO-FACISM-SCV-CHECH. rawandan that. muslim this, christian that.

2. then the bullets fly.

3. then the society collapses

try attempting to just live together maybe....

if they want to fight over stuff like this. thats their problem not mine.

if after all the destruction they want cash for a new water well because they are dying.

they can p1ss off. they should have thought about this at stage 1.

wow. You really are insane. I thought it was just a rumour, but no.

you were so hungry to call me a racist, but couldnt, so instead you resorted to filling up on cheap bread.... B)

Realist Bear, IMO, you appear to keep posting these articles that seem to show media bias in demonising the Iranians. You also attempted to demonise Richards Dawkins in a reply on the other 'Iran' thread that disintegrated into religious dogma & bizarrely a denial of the dinosaurs.

In the other thread, I refused to get sucked into religious discussions on subjects for which there is no proof as it is not really any different to discussIng a belief in fairies or Schitzophrenic dellusions. It is in the interest of christian groups to demonise Iran & spread the religious meme, so I ask you to condiser your possible bias & suggest to the mods that

these pre-war propaganda media articles & religion fuelled threads are moved off-topic immediately as they are never ending & irrelevant.

The pope was slagging science of the other day on the news, ranting about biotech & abortion. As the scientist interviewed in response said something along the lines of 'if the pope doesn't like/believe in science, he can stop taking his heart medicine'

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship