House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackpot06

"betcha Mr Estate Agent"!--try This New Tack !

I sold last November in Poole,having been on the market for two years,finally I reduced by £10k in order to sell --and sure enough the interest rate drop last Aug produced the result I had been waiting for(in the interim I had had 5/6 sales fall through and no end of being messed around by local agents).

My son who has been a member on here for two years--"converted " me and I now see the wisdom of staying in rented for the foreseeable mid/long term---capital invested in property wll not "deliver" either growth or "profit"--so my entire "erstwhile " house is invested in the bank and the interest pays my rent.

I follow this site closely and as a 50 year old woman am acting courageously going into rented and having the guts to wait it out-I am a bear--and I believe this housing market will drop ---significantly --I only have 250k to"re -buy "with and I'm not gonna blow it through wrong timing.

Nevertheless I'm registered with the local agents and here is a funny true story:Two days ago agent calls with the usual upbeat,cheery tone:"Taken on three new properties in Southbourne"---all apparently nearly 400k for 3 beds,no character and vastly overpriced suburban homes.I replied that "I'm still in no hurry to buy,as the market is set to drop"--shock ---horror was the response --I mentioned this site and told him to look at the views opinions and data---he responded with disbelief that a site like this existed and became argumentative and belligerent ---I said to him"look lets settle this easily --I bet you £500 that this time next year house prices will be much lower "--angrily he agreed "you got a bet" --he then backtracked and said they might go down in the rest of the counrty but not here in Poole /Bournemouth---he then tried (having agreed to the bet ) to then re professionalse the conversation and hastily thanked me for my time and rang off---so make your local agent squirm ----make a wager with them !!!! Sue

--I bet you £500 that this time next year house prices will be much lower "--angrily he agreed "you got a bet" --he then backtracked and said they might go down in the rest of the counrty but not here in Poole /Bournemouth---he then tried (having agreed to the bet ) to then re professionalse the conversation and hastily thanked me for my time and rang off---so make your local agent squirm ----make a wager with them !!!! Sue

Welcome to the site Sue. You might like to direct your E.A to the latest Nationwide quarterly report ... it shows Bournemouth down 3% Y.o.Y. You might like to ask him for his opinion on the last 12 months first, just for a laugh.

Yes I am a STR and for the forseeable future now. Both myself and my son would like to be in the market at a sensible price which is why we are both keen followers of this site!---some of the threads are amusing-some clearly aimed at sabotaging what is a the real truth of the state of the economy and some are spot on ---as for Estate Agents ------round here they all drive glittering B.M.W's !!!! skullduggery---and sharp practice?????.......................!!!!!!!