House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kam

Pocket Money Crash

How are kids supposed to save and invest to raise a deposit if they're only getting 8.20 a week? I mean, you've got to start early to get on the ladder these days.

attached image shows a clear link to house price

it would appear that kids have lead the way in wage inflation and have a better understanding of economics

image001.gif

post-1403-1145138332.gif

Edited by Kam

Stingy bastards, even 1 penny sweets now cost 2 pence, at least kids will be prepeared for a life of crooked inflation figures and declining purchasing power through the virtues of fiscal drag :angry:

Mind you, teengers should bare in mind that soft drugs are a lot cheaper these days <_<

How are kids supposed to save and invest to raise a deposit if they're only getting 8.20 a week? I mean, you've got to start early to get on the ladder these days.

There, let there be no doubt of the need to start 50 yr mortgages asap :P

attached image shows a clear link to house price

it would appear that kids have lead the way in wage inflation and have a better understanding of economics

Efing L :o That is such a strong correllation. Its almost a mirror. (although they didn't appear to be affected by the slump in 1999, probably because the levels had not become overinflated due to good old fashioned frugal values that no longer exist - but they are leading the way on this one). It just shows how much money is washing around the economy.

Just as pocket money is effectively what is surplus available from parental spending requirements, I have long been of the view that banks have encouraged houseprices to a level that requires everything that is surplus available from punters spending requirements. It does point to a range of relatively easy economies that will be made before the final crunch come (cut the kids pocket money!). But once the pocket money go, thats it. The whirlwind will be reaped.

Just as pocket money is effectively what is surplus available from parental spending requirements

Indeed, by the time the little darlings are in uni their parents will still be paying off their MEW'ed pocket money from when they were 8, by which time they'll need to find £10k a year to put them through higher education. Oh, then £50k each for a house. :unsure:

Now, us lot were quite happy playing in abandoned houses, on dysfunctional roads and railway lines eating our sherbet fountains (hrm, get me an orange sher-bert)... whilst contemplating exploring abandoned mines. Add in the wonderful scientific experiments at school ("take the mercury out of your ears BuyingBear!") and assault courses (health and what?) it's amazing I'm still here.

Indeed, by the time the little darlings are in uni their parents will still be paying off their MEW'ed pocket money from when they were 8, by which time they'll need to find £10k a year to put them through higher education. Oh, then £50k each for a house. :unsure:

Now, us lot were quite happy playing in abandoned houses, on dysfunctional roads and railway lines eating our sherbet fountains (hrm, get me an orange sher-bert)... whilst contemplating exploring abandoned mines. Add in the wonderful scientific experiments at school ("take the mercury out of your ears BuyingBear!") and assault courses (health and what?) it's amazing I'm still here.

The world sure has changed. I got 20c until 1973, and then we went on strike and they raised it to a dollar with no inflation for 4 years. And as for H&S, jumping off things that were about 2x as high was par for the course, although my mum drew a line when the cat dragged in a nest of baby copperheads for the kittens to play with.

The world sure has changed. I got 20c until 1973, and then we went on strike and they raised it to a dollar with no inflation for 4 years. And as for H&S, jumping off things that were about 2x as high was par for the course, although my mum drew a line when the cat dragged in a nest of baby copperheads for the kittens to play with.

You take the prize for messing with really frickin dangerous animals, we just can't compete on that level. Mind you, these days a few chickens + bird flu is really living on the edge.

You take the prize for messing with really frickin dangerous animals, we just can't compete on that level. Mind you, these days a few chickens + bird flu is really living on the edge.

:lol::lol::lol: