House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Was Roger Bootle Right After All?

Umm, no, I don't think he was...... :D

Some old hands says TTRTR brings some debate to the site.

But I don't think theres anything new to say to our favourite short man.

No contribution. Feeble attempt at goading.

Has TTRTR degenerated to a simple troll?

By all means keep your -ahem- banter within the threads.

Please stop wasting new thread starts with pointless nonsense.

Edited by geneer

And the reason for starting this thread was ?

I bought a Roger Bootle book that arrived today. It mentioned on the cover that he was the author of 'the Death of Inflation'.

He wasn't right on that either was he!

:lol::lol::lol:

The book I bought: Money For Nothing.

My favourite subject!

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

Must admit I used to have the time of day for TTRTR as he fought a good cause for the bulls. Since being a guru he is just a goading troll. Shame really :(

If this continues he will be on my ignore list.

TB

"Has TTRTR degenerated to a simple troll?"

Perhaps. His avatar is certainly starting to look like one (a fat troll).

Perhaps this is how he sees himself, post the peak in the winter Blip

I reckon even the avatar is designed to antagonise.

The book I bought: Money For Nothing. My favourite subject!

A boastful statement. Truth and Arrogance? Lies and a wind-up? Short man syndrome?

TTRTR your motivations intrigue me? Care to elaborate on the driving factors behind your omnipresent involvement on a forum dedicated to something you have no belief in.

Edited by geneer

While TTRTR is certainly going through an irritating phaze, the question still remains. Was Roger Bootle right?

I suggest we have not reached the end of history, and as such the answer is still open. If the peak carries on for another 2 years I will come to the conclusion that there has been a fundamental change in valuation ratios in relation to income and that this Labour Government has succeeded where the ruling class failed, in permanently disenfranchising a large proportion of the population (while at the same time breeding impunity for the lawless and absolute facist control over every aspect of the behaviour of the fundamentally law abiding and decent from whether you have the right to determine whether your child recieves an MMR shot or single immunisations (and in fact whether you have the right to decide on the basis of your own reading of the evidence) to whether you deposit an unwanted piece of junk mail into the precise facility designated for its disposal prior to homogenisation with all rubbish - that has already happened).

Until that time the jury is out.

Funny. For a Labour voter all my life, bedded down in family values and who has an allergic reaction to voting Tory, I can't wait to see the end of this government and the rolling back of the fascist state achieved through one small hoop after another of things that the citizen must do to respond to government.

I have been away for a while, and I return to find a new Avatar for TTRTR (a picture of a troll). I am pissing myself laughing.

Got to admit it, he has a marvellous sense of self depreciation, I also liked his horrible face avatar. I am as bearish as ever, but good on you TTRTR for choosing it.

Happy Easter everyone

Edited by paradox

I have been away for a while, and I return to find a new Avatar for TTRTR (a picture of a troll)

It's actually Jabba The Hut from the Star Wars movies.

If I recall, it was in the film Return of the Jedi where "the mighty Jabba" got strangled to death by Princess Leia and her army of rebel First Time Buyers.

:P

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Well I have more faith in my Agents on the ground when it comes to economic matters. When we went into recession in 1990 we knew the country would soon follow. When the recession came we then went into a boom. ;)

Lets be clear here:

Inflation isn't dead, HP's haven't crashed 30% & there's no such thing as Money For Nothing (except the book that is). Even his prediction that I liked, the base rate should be back at 3.5% quite soon. WhereTF is that then?

Face it bears, RB is a loser selling you & I his own brand of spin.

RB is a loser selling you & I his own brand of spin.

That's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black!

GB may well end up proving RB correct. All he needs to do is continue exerting political pressure to hold interest rates below their 'proper' rate. If this happens for long enough, rates will be forced to overshoot to compensate for the delay in raising them, causing an even bigger crash than RB predicted.

Tired of waiting? Play: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=28031

A boastful statement. Truth and Arrogance? Lies and a wind-up? Short man syndrome?

TTRTR your motivations intrigue me? Care to elaborate on the driving factors behind your omnipresent involvement on a forum dedicated to something you have no belief in.

I knew a very short guy at school, who always seemed to want to prove himself to everyone else by continually boasting about how wealthy his parents were. When you got to know him he was a really nice guy, but no-one really liked him at the time.

Edited by Casual Observer

indeed that is so very true

everything about him was a design of his own making to annoy people.

from his name

his avater

then his bullish stance, all was created to poke us in the ribs.

This site is about the difficulties of getting a home in the uk, so we have our very own dickhead rubbing our noses in it.Some similar examples to what hes doing would be.

a winning gambler waving money from his car at the people that had just lost there food money at blackjack.

a japanese prisoner of war guard, sitting in full view of his starving prisoners, grilling and eating a nice big steak

a guy in a car stops for a hitch hiker then as he just about gets to the car he drives off giving the finger out the window and laughing.

ie its about revelling in the misfortune of others, its something some rich people love to do.Its not just the having of the money its the showing you have it that realy counts for them.

Most of there money is spent to impress others with a "look at me aint i great" kinda attitude, there just desperate for attention and everyone to stroke there ego.

TTRTR is a Narcissist

Here is a definition of one

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy

heres another definition

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a pattern of self-centered or egotistical behavior that shows up in thinking and behavior in a lot of different situations and activities. People with NPD won't (or can't) change their behavior even when it causes problems at work or when other people complain about the way they act, or when their behavior causes a lot of emotional distress to others (or themselves? none of my narcissists ever admit to being distressed by their own behavior -- they always blame other people for any problems). This pattern of self-centered or egotistical behavior is not caused by current drug or alcohol use, head injury, acute psychotic episodes, or any other illness, but has been going on steadily at least since adolescence or early adulthood.

reconise yourself TTRTR ?

The avatars may just be a charisma and charm offensive....

Is there a hint of an alcohol dependent 'no mates' who is scared, having once dreamed of countless millions off the back of the self suffucient, ever expanding housing market gravy train..... Now falling back to reality via the offy and a point in cyberland that requires dedicated attention to 'put right others feelings' as it is really the most important duty in life as the champagne goggles mist over for another relaxed stress free evening, save for chomping at the bit every twenty seconds..... ?????

I could be wrong..... Could just be hellishly funny dogging masks :D

Edited by keepwatching

Lets be clear here:

Inflation isn't dead, HP's haven't crashed 30% & there's no such thing as Money For Nothing (except the book that is). Even his prediction that I liked, the base rate should be back at 3.5% quite soon. WhereTF is that then?

Face it bears, RB is a loser selling you & I his own brand of spin.

depends which bit of bootle you mean - he keeps changing his mind about everything which makes it hard to know if he is correct or not - personally i think he talks a lot of blocks

While TTRTR is certainly going through an irritating phaze, the question still remains. Was Roger Bootle right?

I suggest we have not reached the end of history, and as such the answer is still open. If the peak carries on for another 2 years I will come to the conclusion that there has been a fundamental change in valuation ratios in relation to income and that this Labour Government has succeeded where the ruling class failed, in permanently disenfranchising a large proportion of the population (while at the same time breeding impunity for the lawless and absolute facist control over every aspect of the behaviour of the fundamentally law abiding and decent from whether you have the right to determine whether your child recieves an MMR shot or single immunisations (and in fact whether you have the right to decide on the basis of your own reading of the evidence) to whether you deposit an unwanted piece of junk mail into the precise facility designated for its disposal prior to homogenisation with all rubbish - that has already happened).

Until that time the jury is out.

Funny. For a Labour voter all my life, bedded down in family values and who has an allergic reaction to voting Tory, I can't wait to see the end of this government and the rolling back of the fascist state achieved through one small hoop after another of things that the citizen must do to respond to government.

AT LAST!!!! SOMEONE ELSE WHO REALISES WHAT A FACIST GOVERNMENT WE HAVE!!!

NuLabour SuckArse!! I have been a labour supporter all my life but never again. I can only hope that GB gets the reigns and then they will get slaughtered!!!! TB has charisma - you may not like him but this goes a long way. GB on the other hand looks like a tw@t, Acts like a tw@t and will bee seen as a tw@t.

What are the alternatives though???? :unsure:

TB

Edited by teddyboy

Guest Charlie The Tramp

What are the alternatives though???? :unsure:

There are none, the reason I was happy and able to get off the merry go round. ;)