House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kam

Bbc London 94.9 - Selling Up And Moving To The Country

just switched on to radio - bbc london 94.9

talking about housing in london and selling your houses and moving to country.

just switched on to radio - bbc london 94.9

talking about housing in london and selling your houses and moving to country.

Thanks, just listening now.

the new housing rich are selling their average semis in cramped cities, for many times more than the average price they paid. once they have dumped the liability on some other sucker, they will take off to an idea life away from the overpriced enslavment ghettos they are leaving.

then with the free 230k extra lolly from the sale, they will do part time work at home jobs to top things up, while the bulk of that money is still being paid back by the bus driver that was daft enough to hand it over during the hype brainwashing of recent years.

then the country villages will become SUPER EXCLUSIVE like south african compound estates.

little emerald emmerdales. you cannot touch or even park a car in. (all double yellows).

yes, as well as taking us for insane amounts of debt, they are going to srew us all into the cities, while the 'winners' gust about playing sire about the counties with our own hard earned money.

I just emailed to put her straight about london prices as she under the impression that the are soaring in london witht the north south divide growing

I would love to move out to the country as I hate living in the city, the only thing it has going for it are jobs. But I worry more about displacing local people by buying property,

House prices in London are not rising official stats from ODPM show that prices are falling, only the vested interests of banks and Estate agents are reporting rises and small one at that,

from ODPM April 10 release http://www.odpm.gov.uk/index.asp?id=100288...ssNoticeID=2138

UK annual house price inflation in February 2006 was 3.6 per cent, down from 4.3 per cent in January 2006. Annual house price inflation in London was 1.9 per cent in February 2006, down from 5.3 per cent in January 2006.

House prices have priced out far to many people, only those already on the 'ladder' for the last 5 years can afford to 'cash in'

If you visit the countryside you'll notice that Londoners are despised for buying homes that are used for holiday homes, when they would be more valuable to local FTB's.

I personal will wait for a house price crash before moving, atleast it will level the playing field and allow Local FTBs to buy housing

I know a few people who have had enough of the 5hithole that is London and have moved to quiet parts of Leicestershire.

Two observations, 1, they pay significantly more for houses (than locals) and 2, they when you get to know them tell you partly they left because of too many foregieners in the capital.

my observation is that the country is populated by complete morons.

Shrewed morons, I suppose, at least they had the sense to get out when they could.

It is just the same as selling up and moving abroad, a life changing event.

One benefit is that they do bring money (not withstanding adding to local house prices) to the shires, they are the only ones that can afford 20K fitted kictches knocked up in some unit around the corner.

my observation is that the country is populated by complete morons.

and London is full of apathetic, greedy- bling infatuated, interested only in proving how much more money they have than you with status symbols -

they might be morons but they have a better sense of community and what is really important in life than most city dwellers,

Ha Hahaha

they read my email, but left out the odpm stats

well got the words 'house price crash' read out on the BBC

Edited by Kam

and London is full of apathetic, greedy- bling infatuated, interested only in proving how much more money they have than you with status symbols -

I spent 7 years in London renting a flat in Croydon, slaving away in I.T. jobs in the day, mostly knackered in the evenings, whilst all the time house prices got totally out of control and robbing me of the goals I had.

Why the ******ing hell did I stay there for so long on a relatively average salary. Perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment or something.

I can honestly say I never made many friends there and I never want to go back to that shithole called the nation's capital.

And yes, the increase immigration was certainly obvious, from the people I know who live in nice parts of Leicestershire (not least my own family) they are often racist in private.

I spent 7 years in London renting a flat in Croydon, slaving away in I.T. jobs in the day, mostly knackered in the evenings, whilst all the time house prices got totally out of control and robbing me of the goals I had.

Why the ******ing hell did I stay there for so long on a relatively average salary. Perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment or something.

I can honestly say I never made many friends there and I never want to go back to that shithole called the nation's capital.

And yes, the increase immigration was certainly obvious, from the people I know who live in nice parts of Leicestershire (not least my own family) they are often racist in private.

Sound like you were underpayed. Surely the reason to rent in London is to get as much cash behind you as possible and then return to civilisation!

(I wouldnt say people in Leicestershire are necessarily rascist, no more than any other shire county, after all Leicester itself is a relative sucess in multiculterisim, the predominatly Hindu population are are hard working fully integrated members of the community. However in the villages there is certainly discontent with the overall level of UK immigration)

quote RFD ''then the country villages will become SUPER EXCLUSIVE like south african compound estates.

little emerald emmerdales. you cannot touch or even park a car in. (all double yellows). ''

They already are, Fred especially in Dorset and coastal areas of Devon....Cornwall not too clever either!

Sound like you were underpayed. Surely the reason to rent in London is to get as much cash behind you as possible and then return to civilisation!

Well - actually for a while I was on good money, and managed to save about £30K in the end. Not bad - in retrospect I could probably have done much better though.

By staying there I certainly paid a considerable price in my emotional well being.

House price inflation spreads to the countryside, nothing new there.

What makes this worse is that rural incomes are lower than urban incomes, thus making houses massively unaffordable, 11 - 12 times income in some areas!

"then the country villages will become SUPER EXCLUSIVE like south african compound estates"

BUT WHAT will they have to offer: apart from mowing lawn and adultery ?

:lol::lol:

Dr B, do you know something that I don't?

A microcosm of what London is today; a violent cesspit. They're welcome to it, I'm off.

London really isn't so bad. I've had a lovely day today. Stayed home. :lol:

Only kidding. Been out all day and did not even get mugged. :lol: