House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BricksandMortar

When The Crash Comes ....

.... will homeowners be selling? Or will they all join a forum and wait for a Housepriceboom?

It's a genuine question. If, as you all predict the Crash is coming, I for one as a homeowner would sit tight and wait for things to turn around again before I considered moving on.

.... will homeowners be selling? Or will they all join a forum and wait for a Housepriceboom?

It's a genuine question. If, as you all predict the Crash is coming, I for one as a homeowner would sit tight and wait for things to turn around again before I considered moving on.

You'd miss the chance to trade up with the rungs closer together?

Sounds like a wasted opportunity for the next bull run..... don't forget the game you're playing....

btp

Guest Winners and Losers

people will only sell when forced to i believe

if they are in negative equity they are going to find it hard to sell anyway

People will still sell even if they are not forced. They will reason that even if they have to drop their price, so is everyone else, so it will cancel itself out.

Also I would have to make up hundreds of bearish sock-puppets that would all start off as bulls, but after each bearish announcement would give up, just at the last moment.

They would all be called Spurkie or Luton Lupin or some such. Some would become forum favourites (to the ignorant forum masses) and lie in wait for maximum effect.

agreed

is this the best the trolls can do?

pathetic, truly pathetic.

it must be slow weekend in the EA's office...

Guest Winners and Losers

agreed

is this the best the trolls can do?

pathetic, truly pathetic.

it must be slow weekend in the EA's office...

We never did hear from Spring In the Air once he was outed. Things must have picked up in the office. :unsure:

Is your suggestion that plenty of folk simply do not need to move and are/have been "playing the game system"? I know plenty that will stick rather than twist having upgraded to houses "worth" circa 600K with for example 150K mortgages on. Have achieved this with two moves in 10 years. If houses fall back to being worth 450K so what..they still have 150K mortgages. If those that don`t have to sell stay put and there is still a demand.... :o

If, as you all predict the Crash is coming, I for one as a homeowner would sit tight and wait for things to turn around again before I considered moving on.

As long as you are one of the very few no problem. If the majority have the same view as yourself then the market would be in crisis. Redundancy would be rife in the sectors which rely on the Housing Market such as EAs, Lenders, solicitors, and surveyors etc. ;)

Guest Winners and Losers

It's OK, I'm just gonna wait and prey on the divorced, the reposessed and the dead.

As long as you are one of the very few no problem. If the majority have the same view as yourself then the market would be in crisis. Redundancy would be rife in the sectors which rely on the Housing Market such as EAs, Lenders, solicitors, and surveyors etc. ;)

Oh and wouldn't that be a shame? :lol:

I think the majority of savvy homeowners will be taking advantage of the fact that the rungs of the property ladder have moved much closer together, and trading up for a much cheaper price.

The nouveaux investment gurus like Bricks and Mortar will not see it like this. They will see their paper wealther evaporate and wonder if their plasma TV, patio heater and other MEW delights were really worth it after all. They will then go bleating to their "no win no fee" legal adviser claiming that nothing was their fault, and look for someone else to blame for their own financial incompetence....

And so the world goes round, and another round group of smug fools are sucked in...

:lol:

Anybody who owns their home outright isn't affected by the theoretical sale value of their home. For many homeowners, sitting tight won't be possible. Lenders will be forced to repossess most properties that have non-performing mortgages, to raise cash to meet their own obligations.

Once the decline has started, it will be difficult to tell when the bottom has been reached.

I think the majority of savvy homeowners will be taking advantage of the fact that the rungs of the property ladder have moved much closer together, and trading up for a much cheaper price.

Yes, a definite possibility if there are enough 'savvy homeowners' out there and the higher up the ladder you are the less the pressing need to move, so I still wonder whether there will the proprety choice out there.

The nouveaux investment gurus like Bricks and Mortar

nouveau? Whatever gives you that idea?

They will see their paper wealther evaporate and wonder if their plasma TV, patio heater and other MEW delights were really worth it after all.

They will then go bleating to their "no win no fee" legal adviser claiming that nothing was their fault, and look for someone else to blame for their own financial incompetence....

What are you prattling on about? Not everyone on the planet is in debt, lives beyond their means, must have xyz as soon as it hits the store. Some folk have lived for quite a long time, probably considerably longer than you, is from a generation where 'if you can't afford it you save until you can, has been there, done that. Legal adviser? bah! don't make me laugh.

And so the world goes round, and another round group of smug fools are sucked in...

:lol:

And so the world goes round, and another round group of arrogant fools are sucked in... :rolleyes:

Edited by BricksandMortar

What are you prattling on about? Not everyone on the planet is in debt, lives beyond their means, must have xyz as soon as it hits the store. Some folk have lived for quite a long time, probably considerably longer than you, is from a generation where 'if you can't afford it you save until you can, has been there, done that.

We are not talking about everyone on the planet but just the UK.

Here`s a good read.

Uk only

Thousands will join the train ride as they become one of these statistics.

The Fastest Growing Industry

;)

Please tell me it is not CC. If so, I retract my previous post. :o

It is she!

I'm not a fan or anything, but I was similarly distracted by her "manner". On a night out, if I were still a single man, I would have to say I would consider her a good result.

btp

It is she!

I'm not a fan or anything, but I was similarly distracted by her "manner". On a night out, if I were still a single man, I would have to say I would consider her a good result.

btp

But surely not in the knowlege of her previous dalliance with that mega di@k head and embarrassing apology for a rugby player.

She actully gives Welsh women a bad name.... I mean a worse name. Very soon Bonny T. will seem attractive in comparison; if that is humanly possible.