House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pauluk

Welcome To Housing Hell

The bear case is absolute. Every trick in the book is being used to delay the inevitable - and the book is running out of pages.

Yeah, but I question the quality of the writing! I am getting a little bored now with reading the plot twists twice. We know that with the precision of a gymnast Fred jumped off the fast moving train onto the only available landing space - the micro roof of a 2 bed share-ownership flat built next to the rail lines. Did he have to do it twice?

BTW: saw an article in the mail the other day that their are about 1200 keyworker share-buy flats sitting empty that nobody will buy. Wonder why? Do they really think all keyworkers are that thick?

Edited by Elizabeth

why are teachers , firemen etc described as impoverished key workers when they get more than twice as much money as other vital workers such as shopworkers and bakers and careworkers...and hotel workers to name but a few.....?

These schemes are rotten as all helping certain workers does is support high house prices....eg if you gave every FTB a grant of £10k , HPs would merely rise by at least this amount.....

You could describe locksmiths as keyworkers?...........or dockers as quayworkers even <_<

Edited by Michael

Guest Winners and Losers

How come when I posted a link to prudent bear no one noticed. :(:(

The bear case is absolute. Every trick in the book is being used to delay the inevitable - and the book is running out of pages.

Absolutely right!!!

I'd be a little concerened if they were *not* spinning like mad!

why are teachers , firemen etc described as impoverished key workers when they get more than twice as much money as other vital workers such as shopworkers and bakers and careworkers...and hotel workers to name but a few.....?

These schemes are rotten as all helping certain workers does is support high house prices....eg if you gave every FTB a grant of £10k , HPs would merely rise by at least this amount.....

You could describe locksmiths as keyworkers?...........or dockers as quayworkers even <_<

Why are you bothered? If they jumped in the last few years or so, they are going to get burnt. Less competition when you need to buy.

What you also need to understand is that the term keyworker does not simply apply to your average Joe / Joanne Bloggs i.e nurses, teachers etc but also to well paid 'executive' types in the PS. This is where your anger should be directed. Regular bods can not afford 400k 2 bedroom luxury apartments in Battersea where the literature states an income of 76k per year is required to apply for this shared ownership scheme. This was one of the bunches of literature I sent to my M.P after talking to a friend (town planner) who put me in the picture!

What you also need to understand is that the term keyworker does not simply apply to your average Joe / Joanne Bloggs i.e nurses, teachers etc but also to well paid 'executive' types in the PS. This is where your anger should be directed. Regular bods can not afford 400k 2 bedroom luxury apartments in Battersea where the literature states an income of 76k per year is required to apply for this shared ownership scheme. This was one of the bunches of literature I sent to my M.P after talking to a friend (town planner) who put me in the picture!

Actually its very selective. I tried to get classified as a keyworker (they had some studios to rent in a scary area but they were 98 quid a week and close to work). Since I told them honestly that I didn't do client facing work on a regular basis, they told me I couldn't be considered. Obviously these executive types are telling porkies about the amount of time they spend working directly with the punters.

EDIT:

They wouldn't take me, but the flats stayed empty for at least 8 weeks after I called.

Edited by Elizabeth