House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stewie

Guardian House Prices Special Report

Another classic case of scare mongering.

No offense, but anyone who believes what they read in a paper needs there head read.

Based on several different reports i have read, seems prices rose 0.9% in february, down 1.2% from January, so not actually a price drop, just slower growth.

This is a common media tactic.

No offense, but anyone who believes what they read in a paper needs there head read.

Based on several different reports i have read, seems prices rose 0.9% in february, down 1.2% from January, so not actually a price drop, just slower growth.

Incorrect, by ODPM reckoning house prices fell.

Which in turn lead to an effective drop in the yearly inflation statistic.

3.6% doesn't look all that healthy now does it BTL'ers?!

So give it up why you still have some face to spare.

Have you looked at the figures?

Jan 06: 185,404

Feb 06: 183,224

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/staging/index.asp?i...ssNoticeID=2138

So if you don't believe what you read in newspapers where do you get your news from?

Hi there,

I have been a member of propertysecrets for the last three years, in that period they have not been wrong once, every prediction they have made has been correct.

It is run by some of the countries top investors, and they generally say the exact opposite of what you read in the media (and all the rather silly reports).

I get a weekly newsletter that details property hotspots, and lowspots!

If you want to know the truth, speak to the people who really know!

They don't believe there will be a crash, and at present i haven't read anything that makes me doubt them, thats why i am here to see the other side of the argument, not convincing so far!

Have you looked at the figures?

Jan 06: 185,404

Feb 06: 183,224

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/staging/index.asp?i...ssNoticeID=2138

Hi,

my apologies, haven't checked the ODPM for regional stats!

I have been a member of propertysecrets for the last three years, in that period they have not been wrong once, every prediction they have made has been correct.

It is run by some of the countries top investors, and they generally say the exact opposite of what you read in the media (and all the rather silly reports).

I get a weekly newsletter that details property hotspots, and lowspots!

Thats because it aint a secret. Everyone knows its a comin

Thats because it aint a secret. Everyone knows its a comin

Well not everyone thinks the same thing, most investors i have spoken too think its all nonsense, one bank manager i spoke too said the bubble has to burst at some point, another said we aren't there yet.

Seems to be two camps each with their own valid arguments. I am inclined to believe the investors because so far they haven't been wrong, where as the media hype about a crash has so far been incorrect.

I am not saying it won't happen, i just don't think it's time to start selling up and downsizing just yet!

Seems to be two camps each with their own valid arguments. I am inclined to believe the investors because so far they haven't been wrong, where as the media hype about a crash has so far been incorrect.

What is this "media hype about a crash" you are talking about? I've not noticed any such thing, in fact most media seem to print something along the lines of "house prices stagnant for the past couple of months, but they will rise this year". Hardly crash hysteria, I think you'll agree.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Colum...1718749,00.html

The readers' editor on ... why requests to alter the archive are resisted

Ian MayesvvMonday February 27, 2006

Ian Mayes is the president of the Organisation of News Ombudsmen. Email: reader@guardian.co.uk

The Gurdian also has a How to Complain Webform here. http://www.guardian.co.uk/information/guar...,824307,00.html

Edited by HouseDog

Guest Winners and Losers

i was about to make the same comment - where is there media speculation or hysteria of a crash?

Me too. We obviously missed it. :(

Well not everyone thinks the same thing, most investors i have spoken too think its all nonsense, one bank manager i spoke too said the bubble has to burst at some point, another said we aren't there yet.

I am not saying it won't happen, i just don't think it's time to start selling up and downsizing just yet!

Something tells me you are going to be very popular. You could even overtake TTRTR in the popularity stakes (not with me though of course ;) ). I have highlighted some relevant points in your argument.

Oooh, oooh, are we still allowed to do the, cough, awooga thingy, not done that before, please, can I???

To the OP, AAWOOOGA.

Cool that was fun. Sorry just had to do it.