House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OzzMosiz

Selling Or Renting

I've seen a two bedroom property for sale (£137K) which is also up for rent (£575per month).

Is this a sign of a BTLer getting out?

Anyone else seen this happening?

I've seen a two bedroom property for sale (£137K) which is also up for rent (£575per month).

Is this a sign of a BTLer getting out?

Anyone else seen this happening?

Seen it a few times, not sure if its a BTL or someone who's bought a new house and can't sell the old one.

Thing I can't understand is who would rent a house knowing that it is also for sale?

One last point, these sort of situations are the clearest indication possible that something is wrong. A house can not simultaneously be worth £137,000 and £575 per month; the rent wouldn't cover the mortgage.

Seen it a few times, not sure if its a BTL or someone who's bought a new house and can't sell the old one.

Thing I can't understand is who would rent a house knowing that it is also for sale?

One last point, these sort of situations are the clearest indication possible that something is wrong. A house can not simultaneously be worth £137,000 and £575 per month; the rent wouldn't cover the mortgage.

My neighbour did exactly that. Had to move and couldnt sell so now it is rented. Was on at £135K, now rented at £550/ month. She only paid £70K for it though, in 2000.

but since the boom in prices without a corresponding boom in rents this yield of 5.03% is typical of homes across the UK............

Larger houses in out-of-the-way places usually yield less and small terraces in student type areas in places like Hull usually yield more.........

In the the 90s yields of 25% were achievable on small terraces in places like the centres of Liverpool and Hull....Maybe 8 or 9 % now

My neighbour did exactly that. Had to move and couldnt sell so now it is rented. Was on at £135K, now rented at £550/ month. She only paid £70K for it though, in 2000.

Hmmm this place is quite a nice house for what it is. Small bedrooms though. Been on the market for a while (on and off) was initially on for 142K (dropped to 139K) and now 137K. Its in a sought after area, so my guess is the owner won't take offers.

Chase the market down mate, go on my son! ;)

House next door to me went up for sale for 5K less than the last similar house in the street

sold for. After 3 months gave up and now up for rent. Still no takers.

I have not seen EA even showing people around.

If I do I will go out, run up and down the street with a saucepan on my head making

motorbike noises, that should make them think twice about moving in there.

2 bed flat we went to see a couple of weekends ago in South London was up for rent at 950pcm or sale at 220k

The flat is still unrented and the rent has been dropped to 850

What kind of mortgage would 850 pounds interest pay for?

From a developer point of view, this is normal if a property isn't shifting quickly.

If i am selling a property that hasn't had any offers within the first few weeks, then i would market it for short term rent as well so i am not lumbered with carrying mortgage fee's.

If i am selling a property that hasn't had any offers within the first few weeks, then i would market it for short term rent as well so i am not lumbered with carrying mortgage fee's.

The problem now is there is only one way for house prices and thats down as the IR rises. It would now be very dangerous to hold on to your house. You now need to sell and the only way to sell is to reduce the price.

Your caught in a trap.

Never mind Chico time...It's bear time

Edited by eurows