House Price Crash Forum
spline

Fubra Privates - Password Request?

Sorry guys, we accidentally left a link in to our local development servers. Should be fixed now. I'm sure none of you wanted access to our privates ;)

Sorry guys, we accidentally left a link in to our local development servers. Should be fixed now. I'm sure none of you wanted access to our privates ;)

Still there - just refreshed the site

If you are having problems try closing your browser and try again or try Ctrl + F5 for a hard refresh you may have the offending code cached in your browser.

I'm now getting long timeouts from this bit of javascript - it adds the search box, top right.

www.ourproperty.co.uk/scripts/affiliate.php?ref=housepricecrash&design=1&capture=opbanner

sourced from here:

www.housepricecrash.co.uk/scripts/javascript/opbanner.js

IE 6.0.28 + Win2k - code breaks IE, no search box displayed

Firefox 1.0.7 - load request fails to complete

Edited by spline

I'm now getting long timeouts from this bit of javascript - it adds the search box, top right.

www.ourproperty.co.uk/scripts/affiliate.php?ref=housepricecrash&design=1&capture=opbanner

sourced from here:

www.housepricecrash.co.uk/scripts/javascript/opbanner.js

IE 6.0.28 + Win2k - code breaks IE, no search box displayed

Firefox 1.0.7 - load request fails to complete

and where`s the ourproperty banner gone? :o I was just going to search some property for sale in an auction in a fortnight (even if it`s a site that differs from the rest in as much as you have to hand over unnecessary personal detail just to search) :( Oh well, I`ll have to go to property prices now..come on guys, get off the roller blades and get back to work :P

The Firefox problem with adding a script element to the page body leaving a "hanging" connection is probably down to this bit of code run on the window onLoad event

function init() {	//preset opbanner with downloaded HTML for the OP search box 	var script = document.createElement('script');	script.type="text/javascript";	script.src="http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/scripts/affiliate.php?ref=housepricecrash&design=1&capture=opbanner";	document.body.appendChild(script);	displaybanner();}

since adding explicit code to the body fixes the problem

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/scripts/affiliate.php?ref=housepricecrash&design=1&capture=opbanner"></script>

Anyone care to fix this?

And it still leaves the broken banner display with IE 6.0.28.

Edited by spline

Don't mean to be rude, but why is the production code being messed around with?

Surely someone with the resources of Fubra can afford to set up a dev and test server. A DMZ might come in handy as well...

Pay peanuts, get you know what, I suppose... B)

fellow IT monkey