Sign in to follow this  
dogbox

Barcelo Luxury Hotel Group

Barcelo hotels the international luxury hotel group are building 4 in Morocco;

+ Cassablanca 2006

+Marrakech 2006

+Marrakech 2007

+Saidia 2007 (600 room flagship).

'Saidia', the most prestigious Moroccon tourist development is where I have just reserved.

'Fadessa', Spains second largest developer are the firm putting 'Saidia' together.

News also confirms the Dubai developers 'Emaar Properties'' and 'Dubai Holding' have signed terms to develop £19bn dollars worth of real estate.

'Dubai Towers' project is to go ahead in Marina de Casablanca.

Guys, I only post this so that others get early warning of a new investment arena.

Edited by dogbox

Hi dogbox and the rest of the gang,

I must first say that i have read many forums over the past 6 years of investing but this is by far the best and most interesting.

I have not got time to write for long but all i will say is that dogbox is correct about morocco now is the time to invest before the tunnel gets approved.

I can say this for sure being a moroccan who lives in london and visits Morocco very often spanish buyers and companies are flocking to morocco every day buying up cheap property.

Morocco Overview .

For Westerners, Morocco holds an immediate and enduring fascination. Though just an hour's ride on the ferry from Spain, it seems at once very far from Europe, with a culture that is almost wholly unfamiliar. Throughout the country, despite the years of French and Spanish colonial rule and the presence of modern and cosmopolitan cities like Rabat and Casablanca, a more distant past constantly makes its presence felt. Fes, perhaps the most beautiful of all Arab cities, maintains a life still rooted in medieval times, when a Moroccan empire stretched from Senegal to northern Spain, while in the mountains of the Atlas and the Rif, it's still possible to draw up tribal maps of the Berber population. As a backdrop to all this, the country's physical make-up is also extraordinary:

from a Mediterranean coast, through four maintain ranges, to the empty sand and scrub of the Sahara.

In recent years the worst of the hustlers have been cleared off the streets (anyone who visited in the early 1990s will be amazed at the change) and the unofficial guides you encounter are fewer and more discreet.

Why Morocco - Financial

Morocco offers additional benefits from a financial standpoint which makes it a highly attractive

prospect for purchasers:

Low property taxes

Safe Investment - Notary supervised property registration similar to France/Spain

Easy repatriation of investment should you re-sell in the future

Only 20% tax on any capital gains

Property market booming - average rises of 15% per year achievable

Rental occupancy reaching 85% most years

Why Morocco - The high life

Anyone mixing in celebrity circles will tell you that Morocco is considered one of the most fashionable retreats

for the rich and famous, with an "inner circle" of over 700 internationally recognised celebrities frequenting the

country on a regular basis.

Famous home-owners in Morocco:

Yves Saint Laurent

Malcolm Forbes

Elizabeth Taylor

P Diddy

Barbara Hutton

The Rolling Stones

Jean Paul Gaultier

Richard Branson

The Beckhams

Climate

Nothern Morocco may just have the ideal climate. Temperatures are consistently mild all through the year,

rarely surpassing 30ºC/86ºF in summer months. Lows tend not to drop below a minimum of 10ºC/50ºF.

On warm days one can rely on a steady, comfortable sea breeze. Rainfall averages 150mm (6 inches) per

month - mostly during the winter season. Morocco (like Spain) has more than 330 days of sun annually.

Season Average Temperature

Spring 17ºC - 63ºF

Summer 23ºC - 74ºF

Autumn 20ºC - 68ºF

Winter 15ºC - 60ºF

Hope this helps guys and dogbox you are on to somthing for sure.

Dogbox what do you think of this investment in morocco.

THE PARADISE BEACH & GOLF RESORT IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TOURISTIC DEVELOPMENTS IN NORTHERN MOROCCO. PHASE 1 WILL HAVE 500 LOW-RISE APARTMENTS AND TWO HUNDRED 3 BED 2 BATH DETACHED VILLAS ALL WITH INDIVIDUAL SWIMMING POOLS.

AN 18 HOLE GOLF COURSE WILL BE INCORPORATED WITHIN THE DEVELOPMENT. THE APARTMENTS & VILLAS WILL BE CONSTRUCTED ON GENTLY SLOPING LAND - THUS GIVING MOST PROPERTIES AT PARADISE BEACH & GOLF RESORT VIEWS TO THE SEA.

THE SITE IS IN AN AREA OF GREAT NATURAL BEAUTY AND BORDERS THE FORET DIPLOMATIQUE. A STROLL AROUND THE GOLF COURSE ACCESSES A VIRGIN BEACH OF GOLDEN SANDS. JUST 15 MINUTES DRIVE FROM TANGIERS AND THE AIRPORT IN ONE DIRECTION AND 15 MINUTES OR SO IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE PRETTY FISHING VILLAGE OF ASILAH.

Full Description: PARADISE BEACH & GOLF RESORT PRE-LAUNCH OFFER

1 bed apartments, approx 70 m² including terrace

607.750 Dirhams (£38,465 @ 15.8 Dh/£) Deposit £15,386 balance by mortgage.

2 bed/2 bath ground floor apartments, approx 90 m² including terrace

828.750 Dirhams (£52,452 @ 15.8 Dh/£) Deposit £20,981 balance by mortgage.

2 bed/2 bath penthouse apartments, approx 90 m² including terrace, plus roof terrace

994.500 Dirhams (£62,943 @ 15.8 Dh/£) Deposit £25,177 balance by mortgage.

3 bed/2 bath penthouse apartments, approx 116 m² including terrace, plus roof terrace

1,326.000 Dirhams (£83,924 @ 15.8 Dh/£) Deposit £33,570 balance by mortgage.

Apartments will be in small blocks, 2 storeys high. Ground floor apartments, plus first floor penthouses with access to a flat rooftop sun terrace.

3 bed/2 bath detached villas with private pool (approx 7mx3m)

approx 135 m² including terrace plus 400 m² plot

2,210.000 Dirhams (£139,873 @ 15.8 Dh/£) Deposit £55,949 balance by mortgage.

Dogbox I bought 2 bed 2 bath from a Moroccan company based in london called property borders.

I think it will be a great investment?

Hi Freeman Dogbox & Mutley,

yes it is for sure 35 mins from tariffa, on of course the fast ferry you can check this with travel companies.

And freeman i think the paradise beach & golf resort will be a top investment becouse for 1 thing it will be close to future tunnel link, and tangier region prices will always go up as its close to spain only 9 miles away.

I have also now found the site for this resort i am very interested in buying on this resort as well check the link http://www.propertyborders.com/listingview.php?listingID=75

Freeman please let me now if you buy and who with?

Dogbox the atlantic is not colder than the med in morocco would you believe it very slight changes sometimes more windy but this will be good for golf lovers, yes it can also be hotter than the med in winter would you believe it?

Saida will be a good investment as its part of plan azur and vision 2010 but so will tangier region asilah ect larache.

Hope this helps friends

Dogbox the atlantic is not colder than the med in morocco would you believe it very slight changes sometimes more windy but this will be good for golf lovers, yes it can also be hotter than the med in winter would you believe it?

Moroc, I am told by locals and also a chap at the Moroccan Embassy that the Med coast is much more pleasant in winter.

I didnt go for resorts such as Asilah as they are small relatively unsophisticated affairs. In winter these resorts wont draw the crowds. Saidia has a vast array of world class facilities which will draw winter rest seekers, that wont want to take a chance on smaller resorts that have little to offer when weather is bad.

Many designer brands and also the prestigious supermarket chain 'Carrefour' are opening on the Saidia resort. THEY TOO WANT YEAR ROUND TRADE, just as I want exposure to year round rental sector.

Also a developer in Agadir ran off with peoples money a while back. Id rather be dealing with large secure global developers thx, than the people behind some of the smaller developments.