House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Nationwide Bubble Inflator

nationwide building society have today increased thier lending allowance for mortgage borrowing to 4.25x income,boy these guys are ramping and lending to the max.what does it mean to the housing market even higher housing prices in the short term i suggest and who knows, cause im sure they will do anything to keep this afloat an increase to 5x income in a years time??

nationwide building society have today increased thier lending allowance for mortgage borrowing to 4.25x income,boy these guys are ramping and lending to the max.what does it mean to the housing market even higher housing prices in the short term i suggest and who knows, cause im sure they will do anything to keep this afloat an increase to 5x income in a years time??

4.25 is feck all compared to what some people have been getting into (multiples up to 8x on lie to buy).

You must remember that current mortgages are only a small proportion of peoples incomes, in comparison to past figures.

During the last crash people mortgage repayments were often higher than there monthly income, we are a long way from that.

I can't remember the actual figure (maybe someone else knows?) but i think the average mortgage these days equates to 20-30% of total income, its really quite low despite all the media hype.

You must remember that current mortgages are only a small proportion of peoples incomes, in comparison to past figures.

During the last crash people mortgage repayments were often higher than there monthly income, we are a long way from that.

I can't remember the actual figure (maybe someone else knows?) but i think the average mortgage these days equates to 20-30% of total income, its really quite low despite all the media hype.

Have you got some figures to back these statements?

14 year high

... bet they are creping up

**** Figs based on figures from Council of Mortgage Lenders and average incomes

Yeah - but am I right in thinking the banks only ever talk about the cost of the interest on a loan, as opposed to including the repayment of capital? IRs are low which means the interest payment is low but the overall cost of repaying the capital + interest is much, much higher due to the sky high cost of houses.........