House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I Told You So

Joe Bloggs

Its unbelievable that even now when a rise in interest rates is pretty much guaranteed, if you mention it to any Joe blogg's/sheeple they look at you as if you are mad.

Its no wonder this is the biggest property bubble of all time, ignorant ******wits.

World IR's up, oil up, wages up do the math you dumbies.

Sheeple - "no there wont be a property crash"

me - "that's interesting what do you base your theory on?"

Sheeple - "the government won't let it happen" or "it just wont happen, alright" - "interest rates went to 15% last time"

Is it me or does everyone else on here come across the same level of stupidity on a daily basis?

Its unbelievable that even now when a rise in interest rates is pretty much guaranteed, if you mention it to any Joe blogg's/sheeple they look at you as if you are mad.

Its no wonder this is the biggest property bubble of all time, ignorant ******wits.

Sheeple - "the government won't let it happen" or "it just wont happen, alright" - "interest rates went to 15% last time"

Is it me or does everyone else on here come across the same level of stupidity on a daily basis?

I don't - maybe it's the company you keep.

Like minds are often attracted.

Yes. All the time. Unless you get slightly obsessed with economics, and house prices, people dont give a monkeys about whats going on in the economy.

During the last few months, I've been getting more and more obsessed about how global money works. But Joe Bloggs is more interested in re-mortgaging to fit a new turbo to his new car. (anecdotal)

Bloke in the office is just re-mortgaging. 4.44 discount or 4.55 fixed for 2 years. I said go for the fixed, but he recks the rates will stay the same or go down. And he is a very clever guy indeed. Just not interested in economics in the slightest. Single, loads of money, not actually a Mr Average Joe Bloggss I guess! There are an unbelievable amount of people out there - most of my family and friends who take BBC as gospel and dont know Jack proverbial about the economy. Being a Software Engineer, I'm trying to learn as much as posible from this site and economics in general.

I read a lovely quote recently: something along the lines of "think how stupid the everage person is - and then remember half are even worse!"

I am beginning to agree.

I read a lovely quote recently: something along the lines of "think how stupid the everage person is - and then remember half are even worse!"

I am beginning to agree.

And would you consider yourself to be above or below "everage"?

Below on this evidence.

I love the way people who've stumbled onto this website of likeminded people talk of "sheeple" and "stupidity" in such a disparaging way.

The level of ignorance, stupidity and downright lunacy shown by most, if not all, posters never fails to astound me.

The level of ignorance, stupidity and downright lunacy shown by most, if not all, posters never fails to astound me.

Would you be including yourself in this then? :huh:

I love the way people who've stumbled onto this website of likeminded people talk of "sheeple" and "stupidity" in such a disparaging way.

I agree with you, and I found it ironic the way the original post starts with a huge assumption that IRs are guaranteed to go up, when that is merely the groupthink opinion here on a forum with vested interests of its own.

Personally I find the use of the term sheeple here infuriating. It dehumanises those who don't take the same viewpoint as oneself, or who are simply getting on and worrying about different things in life - and at the same time it glorifies the user by implying that "I am a fully rational being whereas they are subhuman and deserve less than me". No wonder this site occasionally drifts into spite against those who have done OK by buying without making a big issue of it.

It also bundles together a huge range of the population into one easily dismissed "herd". People own houses or buy houses for all sorts of reasons. Some think hard about it, some don't. Some are lucky, some aren't. I know smugness can irritate, but dismissing people as sheeple isn't really an argument.

I've had 'It feels different this time' that's ok then..

Okay, so where is the hard evidence to support a crash?

Interest rates are still extremely low, unemployment is on the rise but its far from drastic, i say chill out a bit and stop believing everything you read in newspapers.

Sure property prices are high and so is consumer debt, what we will start to see (and are already seeing) is an economic slowdown, nothing wrong with that its just the result of a period of high spending.

Things can't be rosy all the time!

Never mind Mr Average - I work work in the financial advice world and the ignorance here is pathetic. :o

I can vouch for that!

It`s doing me head in gov. Know what I mean? {or is that `No what I mean`? }

h. :D

I think you'll find it's "naar mean"

innit

And would you consider yourself to be above or below "everage"?

Below on this evidence.

11 O levels, 4 A levels, 1 Diploma, 1 Degree

By the way, it's "like-minded"

I think it's likely that I'm well above average intelligence (it would be difficult to justify my current employment if I wasn't :blink: ).

However, I will freely admit that I've found the "whether or not to buy" question very tricky. I can generate compelling arguments in favour, and compelling arguments against.

Ultimately predicting the future is a risky business. Smart people can get it wrong, stupid people can get it right. People who have profited tremendously from HPI may not have bought for sophisticated and sensible reasons when they did.

i dont think its a case of being stupid

houseprices and the state of the economy arent important to most people who already own property or have a number or properties - they are thinking about other things like their next holiday to spain

if these people suddenly realised houseprices and a crash were round the corner then i am sure they d wise up.

However it is more prefable to "believe" things are going to be rosy round the corner, hence the ignorance, rather more so than stupidity.

People just being force fed incorrect information by people they trust, a guy at the gym last night for example - mid twenties, single all the time in the world to buy a house - his parents are in his ear to buy a mid terrace in tranmere for £90k between three of his friends, to rent for about £500 pm, so they aren't even going to live in it. His parents keep telling him he has to get on the ladder.

What can you say.

EA: "Well your house has gone up £30,000 since you cleaned it!2004. You should have No Problems selling"

MR(S) Average: YES!!!!!

EA: Where were you thinking of moving to?

MR(S) Average: Southport

EA: Well in the same period there, houses have gone up by £60K!

MR(S) Average: YES!!!!

KNOBHEADS!!!! :angry:

Have I ever mentioned that I think the majority of people are fookin' stupid??? :rolleyes:

TB

Edited by teddyboy