House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sam

Lets Make The Message Simple

I asked the other day what was the intention of the new owners of Housepricecrash, thanks for getting back.

I was hoping i was going to hear an answer like we are hoping to become more pro active.

I have been a little critical of HPC over the last month, i think it is now swamped with so much information, so many reasons why a crash is about to happen, so many triggers, most people that have a quick glance on HPC would suffer from information overload, most just cannot see the wood for the trees.

During the second world war, if a message had to be put across to the masses it was done in a very effective and simple way, take shortage of food for example.

Eveyone was encouraged to grow their own on any spare land they might have, it was very effective marketing campaign, it never over loaded people with to much information, they had enough in life to deal with.

Today there are millions who are struggling to get decent housing, every once in a while another one caves in to fear through being sick of waiting and does whatever it takes, usually selling their life away.

All that is needed is one quick fast hit, all we need is for us to all stick together and we will win, plus we need to get a message over to others in the same boat in a simple and efficient way.

We need no more than FIVE bulleted points that says it all, what we must all do, and then make it as simple as possible for everyone to understand.

If all of us had to make one big point about what we should do, then we could filter them, mine would be a share for a year campaign. Even if it means sharing with a mate, your mum and dad, take on that one extra person as a lodger, going abroad, on someones sofa, ANYTHING .

I want to see the back of BTL, they have us up against the wall at the moment, one year or less without tenants and the game is up.

What would be your clear concise message.

Sam

p.s people who cannot get there own home do not see a connection with Gold, bird flu, oil.

Once you have the message, what medium do you intend to use to get it across (other than this site of course) and who will implement and pay for it to be broadcast? I work in an ad agency btw.

Once you have the message, what medium do you intend to use to get it across (other than this site of course) and who will implement and pay for it to be broadcast? I work in an ad agency btw.

I am quite happy to do the work myself, a site might be a good idea, and i am sure we have some good marketing brains on here. Funding should not be a big issue, if you lot was to only pay a Fiver, that would be £20k straight off, and i am sure there are people out there whatever their motives might be who are wilingl to pay more, i will use anyones money to get the message across.

All offers of help appreciated

Sam

I am quite happy to do the work myself, a site might be a good idea, and i am sure we have some good marketing brains on here. Funding should not be a big issue, if you lot was to only pay a Fiver, that would be £20k straight off, and i am sure there are people out there whatever their motives might be who are wilingl to pay more, i will use anyones money to get the message across.

All offers of help appreciated

Sam

:lol::lol::lol::blink:

Sam

Your post is well intentioned and you are probably highly frustrated which is understandable but you're making massively huge assumptions about how people behave. Here's 5 points:

1. This isnt war time. People are not galvanised behind a single fundamental cause such as whether they're going to live or die (that basic need is fairly high up on Maslow's tree I believe)

2. One 'big hit' is not enough in todays media heavy society. I work in a global communications agency and no campaign to change behaviour is ever a one shot deal. You need reach AND frequency - and that costs big time. Why do you think Labour and Tories spend £30million on election campaigns if they could get their simple message across just the once?

3. There's alot more to the argument that flu, oil and gold. How about supply vs. demand, affordability, low IRs, high employment, etc, etc...all factors sustaining HPI.

4. You assume that the situation will change. It may not. High HPI may be with us for some time if high employment, low IRs, high immigration-high emigration (150,000 in last year - 250,000 out), low no's of new houses being built, people living alone, etc, etc, etc doesnt change. How are you going to address that as these factors fundamentally underpin demand and confidence keeping HPI on a plateau.

5. Why should people believe what members of a house price forum (with an obvious collective bias - its in the site name after all) say? You're assuming that the general public are going to be receptive to your message and say may, but without market testing what you want to say and how its received you would be p*ssing money into the wind.

Good post for raising the debate though on taking the argument further. But I think many will feel this forum alone is raising good awareness in its own right, and importantly its free.

Rhombus

During the second world war, if a message had to be put across to the masses it was done in a very effective and simple way, take shortage of food for example.

POSTER1.jpg

poster2.jpg

Untitled_3.jpg

post-1333-1144962616.jpg

post-1333-1144962626.jpg

post-1333-1144963031.jpg

Edited by right_freds_dead

Sam

Your post is well intentioned and you are probably highly frustrated which is understandable but you're making massively huge assumptions about how people behave. Here's 5 points:

1. This isnt war time. People are not galvanised behind a single fundamental cause such as whether they're going to live or die (that basic need is fairly high up on Maslow's tree I believe)

2. One 'big hit' is not enough in todays media heavy society. I work in a global communications agency and no campaign to change behaviour is ever a one shot deal. You need reach AND frequency - and that costs big time. Why do you think Labour and Tories spend £30million on election campaigns if they could get their simple message across just the once?

3. There's alot more to the argument that flu, oil and gold. How about supply vs. demand, affordability, low IRs, high employment, etc, etc...all factors sustaining HPI.

4. You assume that the situation will change. It may not. High HPI may be with us for some time if high employment, low IRs, high immigration-high emigration (150,000 in last year - 250,000 out), low no's of new houses being built, people living alone, etc, etc, etc doesnt change. How are you going to address that as these factors fundamentally underpin demand and confidence keeping HPI on a plateau.

5. Why should people believe what members of a house price forum (with an obvious collective bias - its in the site name after all) say? You're assuming that the general public are going to be receptive to your message and say may, but without market testing what you want to say and how its received you would be p*ssing money into the wind.

Good post for raising the debate though on taking the argument further. But I think many will feel this forum alone is raising good awareness in its own right, and importantly its free.

Rhombus

Indeed, I think McDonalds for example spend something like 200million on their food annually and 130billion on marketing.