House Price Crash Forum
Badger

The Apprentice

Should be a must see - there's a 100k job up for grabs, can't wait to see how they handle this one.

I saw the end of it. The punters and the d*ckh**ds were both wearing hard hats. New builds? Partially completed? Someone was offering to drive someone to a cash machine. Isn't that what the bouncers in "near beer" bars used to do?

Billy Shears

I used to play some pretty ropey games on my CPC464 with built in cassette deck..

So did I but unfortunately I know work, indirectly, for the c**t! :angry: :angry:

Edited by shakerbaby

I don't recall a flat letting exercise last time around... don't tell me Sir Alan has been sucked into BTL ...

Think he's been in the real estate game for a while now. He owns a huge block of apartments next to the Hard Rock Cafe overlooking Green Park here in London. Imagine how much that is worth!

I watch The Apprentice everyweek and at the begining when they say Sir Alan has built up a business empire worth over £800m can't help thinking yes but I bet that was worth £300m five years ago.

I mean he is obviously a very good business man, don't get me wrong, but just have a feeling alot of that worth may just be paper wealth and we all know what happens to paper when you use it to soak liquidity up don't we :D

I'm sure he'll be fine the miserable old man. Did anyone see him on Johnathon Ross the other week?

I am watching the Apprentice and have enjoyed it every week.

Sugar's style is very much running business by fear and intimidation.

I don't think it's a good way to do business myself, but a number of the participants seem up for it.

I am watching the Apprentice and have enjoyed it every week.

Sugar's style is very much running business by fear and intimidation.

I don't think it is. I've met him and I think he's just very blunt and direct. He doesn't particularly play mind games, if he's got a problem he'll tell you. If you want to be intimidated by that, then fine, but there's no real underhand manipulation going on.

Got a good story from meeting him though:

Sugar: "We're selling these gadgets at 49.99 for one and doing a deal at 99.99 for two."

Our CEO: "That's not a very good deal, is it?"

Sugar: "What do you mean?"

Did anyone else notice that the usual Sugar opener of "So, good project manager?" was (suspiciously) missing on last night's episode. Seems to me Syed is pretty much his favourite. Sugar could have really gone to town on the "they closed all the roads" howler if he wanted to:

Sugar : "Yeah, and I suppose the dog ate your homework as well?"

Syed : "Frequently Sir Alan. My parents couldn't afford to feed him. Or me. I had a very hard childhood. Did I ever tell you that I grew up in the East End?"

The calibre of candidates in this series is very poor. In the last series I could have picked 3 out, this series I'm struggling for one.

I like what Margaret said last night about who to fire - the whinger, the liar or the planner :lol:

That Ruth girl rubs me up the wrong way as does Paul Tulip (bet he had a fun time at school :D )

All things said, I reckon that blonde girl is the best of a ropey bunch.

I watch The Apprentice everyweek and at the begining when they say Sir Alan has built up a business empire worth over £800m can't help thinking yes but I bet that was worth £300m five years ago.

Amstrad has a market capitalisation of £158 million and he owns about 28%.

So how do they work out £800 million?

Edited by Sisyphus

The small blonde one could show me round her apartment mind you.

I'm with you there ;-)

I wouldn't give her job even in McDonald's though.

MattLG

I'm with you there ;-)

I wouldn't give her job even in McDonald's though.

MattLG

I was tempted to make a joke involving the word 'burger', but I won't.

Would love to see Warren Buffett or Bill Gates do a show like this ......... didn't Richard Branson have a stab at it ??

Branson did one which was pretty good. They all had to do crazy stunts to prove their worth to run a business. Completely meaningless, but good telly.

Isn't Amstrad actually a pretty shit company ??

Isn't Alan Sugar's money actually made from property and Viglen etc ?

And why do they always have to refer to him as 'Suralan'

The calibre of candidates in this series is very poor. In the last series I could have picked 3 out, this series I'm struggling for one.

I like what Margaret said last night about who to fire - the whinger, the liar or the planner :lol:

That Ruth girl rubs me up the wrong way as does Paul Tulip (bet he had a fun time at school :D )

All things said, I reckon that blonde girl is the best of a ropey bunch.

Agreed for the most part, except that the blonde girl is the best of the bunch...she's so forgettable that no one even seems to know her name! Ruth's the one.