House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Maxwell the GREAT

Long Ditton Area

does anyone have any idea's ref to long ditton area, surronding surbiton, and hincley wood, any feed back would be much appricated

Depends on your budget - if it's up to £350K bid low and see who is getting out of BTL, £350K to £600K, bid low and see who needs to move and will talk to you, above that stuff seems to be shifting if it's not joke priced.

I only know about the Surbiton-end of LD. The St James Park estate seems to continue to sell very well - the flats there go for 10-15% higher than the surrounding roads even though they are not particularly large and not very convenient for the town/station.

The area is far less BTL driven than Surbiton, probably because it is less commuter focussed. Not sure what budget you are looking at, but the few sub-£300k properties that have come on by the parade of shops (Fleece Road?) sold quickly, and the area backing on to the Southborough estate (mostly £700k+) sell well as long as they are not ridiculously over-priced.

I am not sure where LD ends and Hinchley Wood starts, but there doesn't seem to be much movement in the area that would appear to be the border (£450-£650k 30's detached houses). This part of the area has always seemed fairly poor value because you end up in a suburban area without the benefit of being able to walk to Kingston/Surbiton or any real amenities. For this type of house, I would be tempted to look further out and get more for my money.

my budget was 250k saw 2 flats but seemed very busy roads one was on the k3 route, and the bus stop was right out side, no parking but nice flat the other flat was also good but the area seemed more of FAMILY area very quite ( WHICH IS GOOD !!!!!!! ) but no sure maybe worth having a good walk and drive round the area, nice big detached hse's on SUGDEN ROAD and a new build going up