House Price Crash Forum
delite1

Greenspan Warns On Global Asset Price Fall

Seriously, there are lots of reasons why I haven't STRd but one of them is the fact that most other markets fit the following criteria -

I know little about them

From what little I do know they appear overvalued

I think investors have got 2 choices -

High risk trading (which to some people like Bubb may not be that high risk if they are professionals.)

Cash. And just about everyone on this board would acccept that IRs are low in nominal terms and inflation appears to be higher than it is officially - cash ain't the best investment.

FF

Seriously, there are lots of reasons why I haven't STRd but one of them is the fact that most other markets fit the following criteria -

I know little about them

From what little I do know they appear overvalued

I think investors have got 2 choices -

High risk trading (which to some people like Bubb may not be that high risk if they are professionals.)

Cash. And just about everyone on this board would acccept that IRs are low in nominal terms and inflation appears to be higher than it is officially - cash ain't the best investment.

FF

Even on this forum, (where surely people are more informed) member after member are saying they would not STR; it is not an option for many. I doubt if the average HO has even heard of the term? Banks are lowering their interest rates for savings. My ISA has already had a rate cut with Halifax just 1 day into the new tax year, and unless you are able to play the markets as well as Dr Bubb then IMO it isn't that simple. Even reading the business pages is confusing as hell. The story seems to change by the hour! No-one knows for sure what is going to happen and many, many people think of their home as just that, not an asset to be dumped when the going may get tough. Of course there will be investors who will ditch their BTL's, but many ordinary members of the public will be able to ride it out. And some LL's have stated they are in it for the long term. I pointed out last week, check the investment section on this forum, and you will see some people are struggling with the markets; even on this board with all the advice available. Does anyone agree with me??

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

cash ain't the best investment.

It is if there's a global asset price crash (and the banks don't fail).

Of course you'd probably want to spread it across two or three different currencies in case one is hit particularly badly by the crash.

Edited by MarkG