House Price Crash Forum
iLegallyBlonde

Omg My House Has Been Flipped !

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-115...a_n=1&tr_t=buy#

They bought this from us for £249,500 in February 2006 !!!

Good bloody luck love, we recieved one offer in 18 months - from her ;)

Purchase price £249,500

Estimated improvements £10,000

Sale Price - Average guessed at £300,000

Tax at 40% assuming an FA earns £35k plus £20,000

Divided between two investors £10250 each

Mortgage payments interest only approx £940 (190 borrowed @ 5.5% assuming it's above board)

So if it stands empty for 20 months then they lose money, but at least they won't have to pay estate agents fees I guess :lol:

Edited by terrified

Guest Winners and Losers

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-115...a_n=1&tr_t=buy#

They bought this from us for £249,500 in February 2006 !!!

Good bloody luck love, we recieved one offer in 18 months - from her ;)

I feel sick. Has she done anything to it? Bet she gets sealed bids offering 10k more than the asking price - spring bounce you see. Go and put a window through.

I wish it was a joke, I'm speechless, I had a good idea she was planning this, I doubt anyone will remember but the EA's mortgage advisor bought it off us after we were advised to drop the price from £285,000 to under the £250 mark. Within a day the mortgage advisor had put in an offer for the asking price and tbh we were gald to get rid of it.

She's painted it and put in a new kitchen.

How about some HPC'ers going round, saying its way overpriced, and making silly offers?

I would pay good money to anyone prepared to put in silly offers just to wipe the smile off the greedy bints face or better still waste their time.

I wish it was a joke, I'm speechless, I had a good idea she was planning this, I doubt anyone will remember but the EA's mortgage advisor bought it off us after we were advised to drop the price from £285,000 to under the £250 mark. Within a day the mortgage advisor had put in an offer for the asking price and tbh we were gald to get rid of it.

I would pay good money to anyone prepared to put in silly offers just to wipe the smile off the greedy bints face or better still waste their time.

Can you find me a 5 bedder in W.Kirby for 80K less than it`s worth please? :P BTW, are you selling a place in Stanley Rd Hoylake owned by a former gold medal Olympian? If so how much lower than a mil will he take and can I have the medal as well? :rolleyes:

Guest Winners and Losers

Oh well, that it explains it then. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, knows that you only have to spend a tenner on a place these days to increase the value by 100k. How much longer is this madness going to continue. I am sorry to say, but the UK as a population are suddenly looking very DIM. Somebody please switch on the lights. :ph34r:

Boy and I was pissed off when my place sold for 50k more 3 years after I sold it. Yes, new kitchen, bit of an upgrade to the bathroom, but putting the new kitchen in did create another double bedroom at least in my case. I also believe that my agent had a buyer lined up too.

Edited by Winners and Losers

Can you find me a 5 bedder in W.Kirby for 80K less than it`s worth please? :P BTW, are you selling a place in Stanley Rd Hoylake owned by a former gold medal Olympian? If so how much lower than a mil will he take and can I have the medal as well? :rolleyes:

I am reconsidering my career options, I think I shall tart up houses and make millions, that boat is still available isn't it ???

I don't know whether to laugh or cry !

Ahh that explains the £80,000 increase in price.

Guest Guy_Montag

Is this not fraud?

I'd be suprised if it goes for more than £260K.

No disrespect to your ex-house, but I think your buyer is a little optimistic regarding current market sentiment.

No. 4 only went up by £24500 between 2001 and 2006.

14 Montague house dropped £3K between 30/07/2004 and 14/10/2005.

They are in lala land.

Edited by tahoma

I wish it was a joke, I'm speechless, I had a good idea she was planning this, I doubt anyone will remember but the EA's mortgage advisor bought it off us after we were advised to drop the price from £285,000 to under the £250 mark.

Your buyer is PATHETIC beyond words, and you've a right to be incensed.

Have you had a word with the EA concerned ? This just beggars belief.

If I was you I'd plan on taking some sort of direct action to highlight her greed.

That will be an absolute sickener if they manage to sell it.

The EA's mortgage advisor bought it you say? Sounds well dodgy. Did you get many viewings? I suspect not.

:blink:

I would report this to NAEA and trading standards. Im almost certain that downvaluing a house and selling to an employee or affiliate is illegal if they find the true market value to be more. The problem you have is getting some soft tw@t to pay that much for it :)

I bet the mortgage is BUY-TO-LIE as well :)

Roll on IR hikes :)

TB

EDIT: Hee.... meant to do LIE-TO-BUY but BUY-TO-LIE is dead accurate :)

Edited by teddyboy

Is this not fraud?

I think someone maybe about to get very angry - the amount of work put in by the agent will be a LOT higher now. It's priced at that to get an offer of £310K and seller to pay stamp duty (I should guess). I hope it's not true, but I think you are about to realise you got shafted in a barely legal way.

I would be thinking long and hard and checking the paper trail of how it got sold to her - and also seeing if they have disclosed their interest in it - are they legally not required to do so.