House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cgnao

Protect Yourselves

Will it crash or skyrocket?

We could get into inflation / deflation debate again!!!! :lol:

I have ordered some bullion - I FEEL SAFER for doing so. I look at it as insurance not an investment. I would be happy not to make "money" from it!!!!!!!

There is no debate, no doubt anymore. It's inflation. Central bankers have no choice. Gold says it all.

Gold Reaches 25-Year High, Silver Surges on Investor Demand

April 19 (Bloomberg) -- Gold rose to a 25-year high and silver topped $14 an ounce for the first time since 1983 as investors snapped up precious metals as a hedge against inflation.

Gold is up 45 percent from a year ago and silver almost doubled as oil costs reached record highs. Prices paid by U.S. consumers rose more than expected in March, the Labor Department said today, touching off a flight to precious metals as a way to preserve purchasing power.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...D_ch14&refer=us

There is no debate, no doubt anymore. It's inflation. Central bankers have no choice. Gold says it all.

Gold Reaches 25-Year High, Silver Surges on Investor Demand

April 19 (Bloomberg) -- Gold rose to a 25-year high and silver topped $14 an ounce for the first time since 1983 as investors snapped up precious metals as a hedge against inflation.

Gold is up 45 percent from a year ago and silver almost doubled as oil costs reached record highs. Prices paid by U.S. consumers rose more than expected in March, the Labor Department said today, touching off a flight to precious metals as a way to preserve purchasing power.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...D_ch14&refer=us

It's out of control - everytime I've checked today it's gone up a couple of hundred quid. I wanted to stick my last 20K but now I'm unsure. What do you think ?

It's out of control - everytime I've checked today it's gone up a couple of hundred quid. I wanted to stick my last 20K but now I'm unsure. What do you think ?

Personally for me the following are the same:

1) Putting money into something that falls in price.

2) Deciding not to buy something and then watch it's price rise.

I see them both as making a loss, 1) in money, 2) in opportunity. But I don't distinguish between the feeling they cause. That's how I make my decisions on such matters.

A correction in the short term might happen, a missed opportunity in the long term is very likely to happen.

Personally for me the following are the same:

1) Putting money into something that falls in price.

2) Deciding not to buy something and then watch it's price rise.

I see them both as making a loss, 1) in money, 2) in opportunity. But I don't distinguish between the feeling they cause. That's how I make my decisions on such matters.

A correction in the short term might happen, a missed opportunity in the long term is very likely to happen.

You are right. I've decided tomorrow to convert the remainder to gold. Ever since I read about fraction reserve banking I've been buying. Today, I can't see many (any reasons) for not staying in gold. Sh*t or bust time.