House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleBubbleTrouble

Graph The Hali-wide Etc Data On The Front Page

I think if you have the resources you should add live graphs to the front page that graph the annual inflation rates (bit like the Beeb graph they do with Hali-wide data but obviously going back further) just above where you have the tabular data.

I think it make a much more striking case for how the market is flattening than just the current snapshots... obviously it's lot more work though B)

You should also graph the transaction data and average price live from the OurProperty database!

Is it correct to choose one graph over another? I think we need to decide what is the most RELIABLE data? We know that LR is probably the best but is out of date so surely the LR when compared to the Rightmove data will show what the actual selling prices to asking prices are.

If people see an average of 15>20% difference then they will be confident in putting in low offers and can see that the asking prices are extremely speculative!!

TB

Edited by teddyboy

We're going to copy ClassixUK's idea of showing the current graph then a prediction for stagnation and a prediction for correction. I think this is the most powerful graphic that we can use on the front page. This will encourage people to delve deeper into the site rather than just click onto the homepage and click off somewhere else.