House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scruffy

New Milton & New Forest

Thinking of buying a house in New Milton/Barton on Sea (South of New Forest). Anyone know how the market is doing here?

Very slow market. Lot's of homes on the market for months now. New ones being added weekly often going on a bit cheaper. No real movement in prices for existing ones that are not selling. Many listed with multiple agents.

All a bit strange - interesting to see what happens here in a year or so!!

Two completely different answers - who should I believe?! Do you both live there or just trying to stop me buying generally?

Neither - form your own opinions !!

If you want another perspective try the TMF PMT board and look for posts from Strange TImes who seems to know a lot about this market

Hope this helps

Scruffy,

New Milton is slightly outside my patch (Brockenhurst) however I am obviously near to it. Furthermore, one of the lads in my footie team is an EA in New Milton and fills me in with the market news.

Basically according to him (and he is a rare honest EA) he is still very busy (albeit as the area is so full of OAPs, this leads to a relatively high turnover in properties). However he also told me that he is increasingly having to attend repossessions which he does not like doing as its a waste of his time.

Basically, as I see the market it is still ticking over - competitively priced properties are selling. New Milton is buoyed by 2 factors - the continuing influx of OAPs and the fact that it is just about the only area around where local people can still afford to buy.

Without wishing to be rude, personally I would not buy in New Milton, or at least be very careful about the precise area. There are lots of trouble makers etc (many of the youngsters born and bred in the New Forest area have been "re-housed" there) and you are unlikely to enjoy a quiet night out in the town centre!