House Price Crash Forum
lypsey

News From Iran

Guest Riser

I wonder if the Israel airforce are equiped to carry those bunker buster bombs if not then it will probably be US planes we see over Iran in the next couple of months :ph34r:

It would certainly be the end for Blair as PM if we get involved, hope they don't take any actionuntil gold has retraced to $540

Edited by Riser

What will this to to oil prices (and then inflation)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4900260.stm

Buy on the rumour, sell on the fact.

Call me suspicious but I think it suits all sides to have their various bogeymen and thus I think the mad Mullahs will be left in place.

Will the rising price of petrol be included in next month's inflation figures?? Just asking.

Guest Riser

taking out nutters who are threatening to wipe out other countries

Also securing control of resources which are likely to be in short supply within your own territory.

Like Bush and Blair?

they've never done that, in fact they've liberated two countries from some of the most oppressive regimes on the planet.

i reckon this Iranian guy is more than a sabre-rattler. scary times.

Also securing control of resources which are likely to be in short supply within your own territory.

Putting aside morals my high-flying consultant friend was telling me that contrary to popular opinion the war in Iraq has been a genius investment and that the cost of the troops is a fraction of the value of the oil and cascading business it will bring the UK.

The US has shed loads of oil in Alaska doesn't it?

Quite probably [a tactical nuclear attack]. The US will have only one shot at desortying Irans nuclear infrastructure, and can't risk only causing limited damage.

This article is causing serious problems - noticed Straw has rubbished the possibility of a nuclear strike.

Im sure Bush doesn't give a fig what Straw and the rest of the Euro 3 think. The Iranians certainly dont! :lol: Straw et al's diplomatic dithering in past few years has let the Iranians run rings round the west, whilst all the time developing their recently previously secret programme.

Oooh, those naughty Iranians developing covert underground facilities hidden from inspectors.

Just like a certain other Middle Eastern country did at Dimona. But no-one saw fit to nuke them.

Funny that.

Big f-ing deal, so they've made yellow cake uranium. I'll wait until they can make it hot before I start getting exited.

I reckon it won't be long before we see terrorist nuclear attack. The Yanks have been priming the public for sometime with mouthpieces such as the NTI and the Last Best Chance film. However, when it happens it won't have anything to do with Islam and will of course have all the Hollywood impact and plausibility of 9/11.

I don't get it , most of you are prepared to see through the hype of HPI and rationalise it, you even see through the VI propaganda. Yet you are not rationally analyzing this.

Ask how they assess the UK's and USA's diplomatic and foreign policies?

Is there information available to back this up?

Ask yourselves what the Iranian leadership gains by this posturing?

Why did they determine there is weakness in these goverments?

What does the man in the street in Tehran, make of this?

Its two worlds. Israel represents a world view that is shared by many in the West who have a long standing Judeo-Christian heritage. The Arab nations do not share in this heritage for historical reasons that date back 5000 years. The split occured due to tribalism with the sons of the "inheritance" becoming Israel and consequently the most influential nation on the earth whether we admit it or not. The "Jews" are still a nation despite thousands of years of attempted extermination first by the Babylonains, then the Persians, followed by the Antiochus branch of the Greek Empire and later, to a limited extent by the Romans. The Catholics had a go and Hitler tried and failed in more recent times. Yet, they are still standing. Why? It should be obvious.

Islam has set itself up in opposition to the Judeo-Christian world and there will be no reconciliation. It is not a question of "religion" but world view. It happened because of human faults not religious ideals.

Putting aside morals my high-flying consultant friend was telling me that contrary to popular opinion the war in Iraq has been a genius investment and that the cost of the troops is a fraction of the value of the oil and cascading business it will bring the UK.

That's one way they sold the war in the US originally - the oil would pay for it all. As it turns out, not so much. Oil revenues are basically zero and will be for years, taxpayers fotting several hundred billion dollars worth of bills and thousands of troops killed and maimed. But Halliburton have made out like bandits!

War transfers money from the public purse to the private - overall the destruction is negative for the world economy, but a few groups make out very well. Look who profits from the war - GWB, Cheney, and Blair start the war. GWBs oil chums makes billions, Cheney's Halliburton stock (he still gets paid a salary by them even as VP) rockets, Blair will get a cushy number with Carlisle or other defence group when he retires.

Your friend is right that there will be lots of rebuilding work in the UK from any bombings that come our way courtesy of this little sojourn.

That's one way they sold the war in the US originally - the oil would pay for it all. As it turns out, not so much. Oil revenues are basically zero and will be for years, taxpayers fotting several hundred billion dollars worth of bills and thousands of troops killed and maimed. But Halliburton have made out like bandits!

War transfers money from the public purse to the private - overall the destruction is negative for the world economy, but a few groups make out very well. Look who profits from the war - GWB, Cheney, and Blair start the war. GWBs oil chums makes billions, Cheney's Halliburton stock (he still gets paid a salary by them even as VP) rockets, Blair will get a cushy number with Carlisle or other defence group when he retires.

Your friend is right that there will be lots of rebuilding work in the UK from any bombings that come our way courtesy of this little sojourn.

I think power is perhaps more intoxicating than money? These chaps have plenty of dosh but its the power that attracts. The US does not need Middle Eastern oil--Alasksa and Canada are awash with the stuff. For that metter the South "Americans" are awash also. Bottom line the "West" wants hegemony over the East. Its the clash of world views at play.

Its two worlds. Israel represents a world view that is shared by many in the West who have a long standing Judeo-Christian heritage. The Arab nations do not share in this heritage for historical reasons that date back 5000 years. The split occured due to tribalism with the sons of the "inheritance" becoming Israel and consequently the most influential nation on the earth whether we admit it or not. The "Jews" are still a nation despite thousands of years of attempted extermination first by the Babylonains, then the Persians, followed by the Antiochus branch of the Greek Empire and later, to a limited extent by the Romans. The Catholics had a go and Hitler tried and failed in more recent times. Yet, they are still standing. Why? It should be obvious.

Islam has set itself up in opposition to the Judeo-Christian world and there will be no reconciliation. It is not a question of "religion" but world view. It happened because of human faults not religious ideals.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this RB. As far As I am concerned, Israel seems to do whatever it pleases while invoking holocaust imagery to silence criticism and stifle debate.

they've never done that, in fact they've liberated two countries from some of the most oppressive regimes on the planet.

i reckon this Iranian guy is more than a sabre-rattler. scary times.

So that'll be why the Afghani govt is planning on executing a man that converted to Christianity then?

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this RB. As far As I am concerned, Israel seems to do whatever it pleases while invoking holocaust imagery to silence criticism and stifle debate.

I think you are right. Israel does not see any purpose in debate as the issue has been settled--5000 years ago. Its their land--end of story. Every time someone begs to differ they seem to get whacked. England has a long history of protecting Jews more than persecuting them. Baldwin facilitated Zionism. Cromwell gave them religious freedom and Liz cut short Mary's excesses. WW2 (primarily US and UK-Empire) ended Hitler's dream of wiping Jews off the face of the earth. I think it goes something like this: "those who bless you I will bless, those who curse you I will curse". In other words, try to grease us and you will get greased. Its the foundation of the Western world view.

There is no other explanation for how a tiny, oil-free, strip of land has commanded the world's attention for the duration of human history.