Last Trade: 358.07 p

Trade Time: 2:06PM

Change: 2.93 (0.81%)

Prev Close: 361.00

Open: 360.00

Bid: 360.00

Ask: 366.00

1y Target Est: N/A

With a launch at around 3.90, quite a few believers in Rightmove have sustained some sizeable losses. The breaking through of the all-important psychological price barrier of 3.50 cannot be that far away.

RIGHTMOVE (RMV.L)

With a launch at around 3.90, quite a few believers in Rightmove have sustained some sizeable losses. The breaking through of the all-important psychological price barrier of 3.50 cannot be that far away.

Rhubarb!

RM shares are "flying off the shelves" :lol::lol::lol:

Hopefully, they're heading for Lastminute.com status

RIGHTMOVE (RMV.L)

Interesting post about that on propertyfinder.com here

I agree with this based on the profits I think 150-200 mil is a fair valuation for Rightmove as long as they pull off HIPS well but there are a few key threats:

- Conservatives pledge to scrap HIPS if they get in

- DMGT are well positioned now with primelocation and findaproperty both now owned by them to challenge dominance.

- Propertyfinder.com now owned by realestate.com.au who have done a great job in oz and nz and looks set to be a good competitor now.

500 million for RMV.L is just like the property prices right now a booming valuation in uncertain times.

there was a time when i though rightmove could renovate the whole housing market for the better, but they simply sucked up to the EAs and became bullsh1tters like everyone else in the circle.

glad to see them dive.

there is definatley scope for a new player in the online estate agency business.

i think rightmove made a wrongmove by losing impartiality.

a new online agency with no links to any others to challenge them region by region.

simple listings. many, many more pictures and small commissions for the introduction between buyer and seller. + an attached legal help department to follow the deals through to completion within the service.

that would sock it to em.

Edited by right_freds_dead

I simply cannot see how they will pull off the HIPs trick. there is no way that Countrywide will allow HIPs to be done outside their own network of companies (which Rightmove are no longer part of). likewise Halifax and the other large Estate Agency groups.

Unless Rightmove have a plan to bypass their current customer base how do they purpose to get their customers to sell a competing product?

They have a lot of agents signed up and a large amount of traffic to the site they are leading the pack by a good margin. They also have a deal in place I think with TM Search another closely tied company with one of 3 NLIS licences for local searches etc and whilst they have IPOed the original shareholders still have about 75% and I can't see them getting rid of that any time soon although it would be a good idea because I can only see their value going down before/if it goes up again.

There is so much competition from a wide variety of companies it certainly won't be easy.

1.png

Launch price was £3.90.

I dug this up to check what the IPO was.

Roll on 10 years - each share is worth £42 each :o boohoo.com!
The google chart normally shows stock splits, I don't believe they had any, but please correct me if they did.

Rightmove need to come out with their own online estate agency when the market is tanking properly. No EA will have the nerve to cancel the subscription as about 80pc of their custom comes through that one site. They won't know what hit them.