House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cocacolalight

Great Idea To Clean Up The Estate Agency Industry

After the Foxtons et al programme on the BBC, here's an idea that would really helpclean up the industry and bring professionalism to bear on pricing - something that would affect hpc.

http://www.inside-property.co.uk/wordpress/?p=59

I can't see them voluntarily agreeing to adopt it however so legislation would be needed. Something the estate agent industry needs anyway.

After the Foxtons et al programme on the BBC, here's an idea that would really helpclean up the industry and bring professionalism to bear on pricing - something that would affect hpc.

http://www.inside-property.co.uk/wordpress/?p=59

I can't see them voluntarily agreeing to adopt it however so legislation would be needed. Something the estate agent industry needs anyway.

This is similar to something that I posted soon after the Foxtons' expose on television. It wasn't plagiarism, I hadn't read about Australia.

If the agents had to leave a paper trail that could be investigated after the fact it would be far harder for them to lie.

I'd really like to see this or similar things happen.

Billy Shears

Great minds think alike Billy! ;)

A paper trail would certainly stop both overpricing to get the business and underpricing to get quick sales.

so does that work with health and safety legislation then?????

...all I see is a complete f***in mess that gives overpaid lawyers yet more work.

the laws are already there concerning misrepresentaion of goods and obtaining money by deception,they are just not enforced properly.

a spell in the slammer for foxtons CEO would do the job,take a leaf out of the enron/worldcom trials.

.....better make sure the prison system gets sorted first though,we don't want marble basins in the ablutions now do we!...give 'em a bucket to piss in!!)

so does that work with health and safety legislation then?????

...all I see is a complete f***in mess that gives overpaid lawyers yet more work.

You're not comparing like with like Oracle.

If an estate agent values your house he or she would have to justify that valuation in writing quoting comparable properties' selling prices, etc., The vendor can then tell instantly whether it has been professionally valued or not.

That's nothing at all like health and safety legislation.