House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

libitina

London

Sprog and I went for a visit yesterday (last time he went he was still in a baby sling!).

We did the Natural History, V & A and science museums. Saw Westminster, big ben, london eye, trafalgar square (complete with blue scaffolding), cenotaph, pall mall, buckingham palace and went to pizza hut outside victoria station. My feet were killing me!!!!!!

I can't believe how quiet it all was. No traffic. 5.10 tube from victoria to euston was just busy, not crammed, no queues ANYWHERE! Where was everybody???

Sprog and I went for a visit yesterday (last time he went he was still in a baby sling!).

We did the Natural History, V & A and science museums. Saw Westminster, big ben, london eye, trafalgar square (complete with blue scaffolding), cenotaph, pall mall, buckingham palace and went to pizza hut outside victoria station. My feet were killing me!!!!!!

I can't believe how quiet it all was. No traffic. 5.10 tube from victoria to euston was just busy, not crammed, no queues ANYWHERE! Where was everybody???

It was rammed in town at the weekend. I think it's a weird moment - a lot of Londoners away for Easter (school holidays...) but the tourists come here on weekend breaks, so the weekdays are a bit quiet.

Having said that it probably still isn't as busy in town as it was before the July bombs.

must've cost you a small fortune tho :blink:

Not tooooooo bad tbh. Museums were free and got a deal on the tickets so return ones cost £24 for both of us.

We did sneak back on an earlier train though (Virgin information desk said it was ok). Announcements on the train said you couldn't do that. I never mentioned it to the ticket collector and he never noticed. Woman directly in front of me said she'd caught the train an hour early and needed to update her ticket. Cost her an extra £54!!!

Phew, close call. Thank god sprog kept his mouth shut and his head in his book.

Virgin were excellent though, clean and punctual trains and friendly, courteous staff too. Maybe Richard Branson should be the next Prime Minister? ;)

Not tooooooo bad tbh. Museums were free and got a deal on the tickets so return ones cost £24 for both of us.

We did sneak back on an earlier train though (Virgin information desk said it was ok). Announcements on the train said you couldn't do that. I never mentioned it to the ticket collector and he never noticed. Woman directly in front of me said she'd caught the train an hour early and needed to update her ticket. Cost her an extra £54!!!

Yes, I've never understood whose interests it's in that you sit there for an hour waiting for the "right" train while a half-empty one goes home without you. Most of the ticket inspectors don't care though - I don't think they can be bothered hassling people over such an obviously ludicrous catch.

I got Holiday Inn Mayfair on Friday night double room 70 quid, and Covent Garden was buzzing, Soho was quite good as well :D:D

Sprogs still a bit youg for trips to Soho ;):D;)

Guest Winners and Losers

Sprogs still a bit youg for trips to Soho ;):D;)

and Laurejon is probably a bit old! ;):lol: