House Price Crash Forum
homeless

Commerce Killed The Cat

There are many people on here that think the change from non-commercial on here to commercial is nothing to worry about.

I want ya all to say the same in a years time.

The fact is this chan became famous for people like us soley becuase it was a free platform.Somewhere we could go that wasint biased in any way.

So frankly i think the "webmaster" is an asshole, he built a site that we all came to soley to be exactly as he was, to get away from commerce and be "independent" of all the rest of the sites that are run as a buissness.

Its the very fact it was so independent that made this site such a success, the people here thrived on this fact, many came from the other sites that lost there way and quite frankly became mainstream commercial sites.They came here specifically foir the fact this site was diffrent from the others.

But now this site is not diffrent its just another commercial site with an intrest in grabbing your money.

i now sign off this site, im finished with it completely, i dont care what anyone says when a site like this turns into a commercial enterprise it just aint for me at all.

respect to everyone.Loved yas all and now its all covered in crap.

respect to winners&losers, right freds dead, dr bubb and all you other like minded people that i loved on here.

keep it free fellas

Edited by homeless

As long as the forum members don't leave and keep putting there point over it'll be cool.

The webmaster may have the capital now to promote the cause to a greater degree.

And good on him for the site - it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings,

There are many people on here that think the change from non-commercial on here to commercial is nothing to worry about.

The fact is this chan became famous for people like us soley becuase it was a free platform.Somewhere we could go that wasint biased in any way.

So frankly i think the "webmaster" is an asshole, he built a site that we all came to soley to be exactly as he was, to get away from commerce and be "independent" of all the rest of the sites that are run as a buissness.

Its the very fact it was so independent that made this site such a success, the people here thrived on this fact, many came from the other sites that lost there way and quite frankly became mainstream commercial sites.They came here specifically foir the fact this site was diffrent from the others.

But now this site is not diffrent its just another commercial site with an intrest in grabbing your money.

i now sign off this site, im finished with it completely, i dont care what anyone says when a site like this turns into a commercial enterprise it just aint for me at all.

respect to winners&losers, right freds dead, dr bubb and all you other like minded people that i loved on here.

keep it free fellas

Homeless I am sorry you feel the way you do but I still think you are over-reacting.

Webmaster is being accused of selling us out? Well did it not occur to you that this site has got just a little TOO popular for someone that has a regular job also? And maybe its more a partnership than a buy-out? It seems to me that FUBRA have just bought the commercial rights to the site and tbh I think that WM has made next to nothing CAPITAL but may make a % revenue as a shareholder. Either way, Until we are spammed with adverts and get all the things that they are getting accused of then we need to reserve judgement.

I would be interested to know if you used the Channel 4 forums? They have advertising and if done properly do not detract too much from the site. I do HATE the layer adverts though. I know the difference is that CH4 is a VI and a commercial enterprise anyway, but they said the Glaziers taking over Man Utd was a bad thing and then they get the biggest Shirt Sponsorship ever (UK).

If FUBRA f*ck it up then it will show in the lack of activity, but until/if they do, reserve judgement.

TB

Guest Winners and Losers

keep it free fellas

I really don't understand why everyone cares so much? I really have not given it much thought. If I don't like the quality of the posts I will stop posting. HPC does not represent my entire life (lies). I think you should keep posting Homeless until you do see a change. Is everyone's concern in contributing to something that has just turned into another property ramping VI? I don't get it. Even if this were the case, it is good for us because we can keep challenging the crap on here. Btw, nice to see WAL in the same sentence as Dr Bubb (but RFD, peleeaasse! ;) ).

I really don't understand why everyone cares so much? I really have not given it much thought. If I don't like the quality of the posts I will stop posting. HPC does not represent my entire life (lies). I think you should keep posting Homeless until you do see a change. Is everyone's concern in contributing to something that has just turned into another property ramping VI? I don't get it. Even if this were the case, it is good for us because we can keep challenging the crap on here. Btw, nice to see WAL in the same sentence as Dr Bubb (but RFD, peleeaasse! ;) ).

Tend to agree, hang in on there. It is a lot of hassle keeping a site up and running - look how many server and board upgrades there have been alone. Webmaster has done a good job in keeping the site going as long as he has, what happens now well, what will be will be, let's hope its fubra and not fubar. If not, move on.

Homeless this is nonsense you are spouting. Hardly anything has changed. We are a small business and my only sector interest now and for the past few years has been classified advertising if anything our business will rise in the run up to a crash and throughout it we certainly don't have a protectionist adgenda. I believe in adding value and transparency is the route to profit on the web.

It might interest you to know that every major bank in the UK and most firms in the property sector at one time in the last year have approched me to advertise on OurProperty.co.uk and do you see any of their adverts? The reason you don't is because we are not like other web companies who sell adverts to just anyone we have been building up a loyal base of users very successfully and we are very choosy about how we work with advertisers.

Fubra does not follow the gravy train and bleed as much cash from things as possible as you suggest we are set on long term goals and we are stable so that we can do this. I am confident that the good members here realise that and will stick around. If you feel in some way the site is less independant then tell me everyone why because as far as I am concerned our involvement serves to protect the sites independance rather than detract from it.

homeless. get back here and carry on slagging beefs.

its only a forum....

Yeah come on Homeless don't take yer ball home just yet. Give it a chance to see how it pans out.

As a Man Utd fan I thought we were fcuked when the Glazers took over but (so far) it hasn't been half as bad as I feared (though I still don't like it)

I can only echo what paulm has said. The reason that I sold out to Fubra and not anyone else is because this site needs to evolve technically and graphically. This was something that I just couldn't do by myself. Fubra aren't like other internet companies and I have seen this first hand. I've visited their office, met their staff and talked about their future projects and they are genuinly genuine!

I've met quite a few of you personally and also corresponded with a lot more of you via email and PM's and hope that I have built up a reputation for being trustworthy and genuine so trust me on this one and just get back to discussing the topic at hand. This is an extremely positive change for HPC and you'll see this over the coming months. Also, we're all still here including me so that speaks more than words.

The simple fact is that a successfull noteworthy forum costs money to operate and given that we all enjoy this for free I dont understand what the problem is.

Guest muttley

I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Muttley's Posts Are Sponsored by

logo.gif

logo.gif

Edited by muttley

Homeless this is nonsense you are spouting. Hardly anything has changed. We are a small business and my only sector interest now and for the past few years has been classified advertising if anything our business will rise in the run up to a crash and throughout it we certainly don't have a protectionist adgenda. I believe in adding value and transparency is the route to profit on the web.

It might interest you to know that every major bank in the UK and most firms in the property sector at one time in the last year have approched me to advertise on OurProperty.co.uk and do you see any of their adverts? The reason you don't is because we are not like other web companies who sell adverts to just anyone we have been building up a loyal base of users very successfully and we are very choosy about how we work with advertisers.

Fubra does not follow the gravy train and bleed as much cash from things as possible as you suggest we are set on long term goals and we are stable so that we can do this. I am confident that the good members here realise that and will stick around. If you feel in some way the site is less independant then tell me everyone why because as far as I am concerned our involvement serves to protect the sites independance rather than detract from it.

The fact remains you ARE a commercial enterprise.The fact also remains that you must make money out of the people that are members of this website.You may claim to do this in a appropiate manner and a manner unlike others.But i run my own buisness as well and I HAVE TO MAKE MONEY.

Your in the buisness to speculate to accumulate like any other buisness.

Before this site was completely devoid of the pressure of commerce and now it aint.Im just expressing the opinion i much prefered it when there was not the pressure to make money, i fully understand buisness is buisness and all that but why exactly should we have it here.

I always very respected this place for the fact it was not out to make a buck, its nothing against your company personaly its a stance against any company running this site for profit im against.

it was somewhere to just chat and learn

now its CHAT.LEARN AND EARN

Guest Vim Fuego

PaulM....I'm not bothered either way whether you take over on this forum or not.....I don't intend to visit here everyday anyway...maybe once a week...maybe never again...who knows. It would be interesting to know as you are a commercial venture....how do you intend to make money from this website....will it be purely advertising?

PaulM....I'm not bothered either way whether you take over on this forum or not.....I don't intend to visit here everyday anyway...maybe once a week...maybe never again...who knows. It would be interesting to know as you are a commercial venture....how do you intend to make money from this website....will it be purely advertising?

And I reckon most folks on here will not be bothered either way if you visit or not ever again. Hell, you only joined in the wee small hours of the morning two days ago....................Or would you like to tell the board under which other name you are more commenly known on this site.

The cheek of it asking paulm to explain his business model, whilst you hide behind a new log in....get a life you moron.

Edit: muttley excellent post PMSL :D:D:D:D

Edited by Catch22

Guest Vim Fuego

And I reckon most folks on here will not be bothered either way if you visit or not ever again. Hell, you only joined in the wee small hours of the morning two days ago....................Or would you like to tell the board under which other name you are more commenly known on this site.

The cheek of it asking paulm to explain his business model, whilst you hide behind a new log in....get a life you moron.

Edit: muttley excellent post PMSL :D:D:D:D

catch22.....I will admit to all those now that I have been a regular on this website for more than 2 years with probably over 2000 postings. I actually did like this website and made, if that is the right word, friends on here who I am still in contact with. Because of a few people eg Whoops apocalypse who made personal insults to me - told me to ****** off -because I couldn't stand the way he made fun of blind people - (in this case David Blunket and hey I'm no great admireer of the man...it's just that one of my best friends went blind) I decided to take his advice and to to ignore this website. I have not looked at this website for over 6 months. I come back on here with a clear conscience and admittedly a new name ready to promote and champion mine and hopefully other FTB's out there and all I get is the same treatment from you as I did with Whoops Apocalypse. Thank you....oh and by the way....my previous name was the dude. For your information Catch22....this is the last time I will ever post on this website ever. There are a lot of good posters still on here: Right said Fred...the Chuz...Shaker...Charlie ..who i think are great guys...I found them all intelligent and witty.....You catch22 are just a complete arrogant knobhead.