House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheJudge

Some Pretty Graphs For You To Look At

Hello people

Have done a couple of graphs based on Nationwide data (in particular the section on regional prices). The first one looks at house price by type going back to 1972. Interesting how in the last crash the graph went from a smooth (upward) line to a jagged line where prices go up and down. If you look at the picture now we have again gone from a smoothish line to a jagged line (more fluctuations). Smooth line associated with the boom, jagged line with market top and price falls?

Have put the first graph as an attachment, but does anyone know of a whizzy way to paste graphs as a picture into the main body of the post?

Another graph on the way.

Sorry can't get the graph to attach.

Hello people

Have done a couple of graphs based on Nationwide data (in particular the section on regional prices). The first one looks at house price by type going back to 1972. Interesting how in the last crash the graph went from a smooth (upward) line to a jagged line where prices go up and down. If you look at the picture now we have again gone from a smoothish line to a jagged line (more fluctuations). Smooth line associated with the boom, jagged line with market top and price falls?

Have put the first graph as an attachment, but does anyone know of a whizzy way to paste graphs as a picture into the main body of the post?

Another graph on the way.

Sorry can't get the graph to attach

Right click on the graph press copy - open up paint in your accesories file then save it as a jpeg in a file/folder you know eg mypictures/hpc/graph 1 - browse your files and attach - not a whizzy way but it worked for me

Be very interested to see the graph

if its an excel jobby then i believe you need to change the file extension to get it to post, just tell folks to change it back, maybe its something that can be done as a site improvement.

There is a way to post a jpeg directly into the post but im to thick to know how.

Edited by theChuz

I got the following picture by saving it as a local image. Used The Gimp to do a bit of censorship so that I wouldn't get banned, and then saved it. Before I wrote this, I clicked on 'Browse' on 'File Attachments' below, and selected the image.

Billy Shears

nude.jpg

post-3706-1144699821.jpg

Billy have you ever thought of designing bikini's :D:D

The graph simply shows that property prices rose rapidly, however the important part would be to follow on for the crash and I think you would find that if you tracked rises to interest rates the fall would be interest rate rises V property Prices.

The graph is inconclusive really. We need more downturn points before we can say we're skiing downhill. Another's 3 quarters data , i.e. end of 06, should provide all the snow we need.