House Price Crash Forum

Exeter House Prices

HOLA441

We downsized 2 years ago from a 4 bed detached to a 3 bed semi when we moved to the south of the country. As we wish to buy a bigger house, we've been watching the market for 2 years now. House sales in Exeter are definately struggling in the higher end of the market. Of the property details (some 25) we've collected, the majority have not sold. Those that have sold, sold for £30 - 50,000 under the asking price! of which some only after an initial drop in price. Some properties have dropped as much as £150,000 below the original asking price - and still are experiencing difficulties in selling. The market has been so static over the last year that removal companies are badly suffering.

HOLA442

We downsized 2 years ago from a 4 bed detached to a 3 bed semi when we moved to the south of the country. As we wish to buy a bigger house, we've been watching the market for 2 years now. House sales in Exeter are definately struggling in the higher end of the market. Of the property details (some 25) we've collected, the majority have not sold. Those that have sold, sold for £30 - 50,000 under the asking price! of which some only after an initial drop in price. Some properties have dropped as much as £150,000 below the original asking price - and still are experiencing difficulties in selling. The market has been so static over the last year that removal companies are badly suffering.

It is a similar story in Cornwall properties listed below 200k are selling but there are many especially in the 251-300k band which are not and there is some very nice property that would have sold immediately a couple of years ago that is taking a long time to sell

I'm waiting it out as well!

HOLA443

It is a similar story in Cornwall properties listed below 200k are selling but there are many especially in the 251-300k band which are not and there is some very nice property that would have sold immediately a couple of years ago that is taking a long time to sell

I'm waiting it out as well!

HOLA444

House sales in Exeter are definately struggling in the higher end of the market. Of the property details (some 25) we've collected, the majority have not sold.

I've been getting Rightmove updates for ages on houses we could afford to buy if I was that way inclined - so not much more than 2-bed houses. The news from the bottom end of the market is the same. We're in the process of renting somewhere new and while looking a very large percentage of the property available we recognised as having previously recently been up for sale, sold and now up to let.

• 1 month later...
HOLA445

Hi there

I posted this in main forum but it generated no discussion so perhaps it will be more relevant in this thread...Just searched website of Exeter EA Wilkinson Grant for two bed properties up to £500k. Search returned 161 props of which 31 are newbuilds and 34 are advertised as "no chain". I dont know what kind of percentage of properties would usually lie empty but this seems extraordinarily high to me.

regards

Paulina