House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rain'ard

Does Anyone Agree?

To be fair, August 1940 was probably a bit Cr*p also.

No ,you're wrong .......there was a major house price boom DURING the Second World War! :blink:

...Send the Russian tanks into Wandsworth!

Edited by Michael

Its an ideal time to sell a property you bought 10 years ago.... I was renting then and still am now.... I just get fed up with the smug houseowners saying you should have bought X years ago.

Fact is I would have if I was in a situation to but I wasn't then and oh dear am still not. If over the last 10 years house prices had increased sensibly then I would be able but not as it stands.... maybe if they drop by 20/30 % ha yeah right!!!!

Still the place i rent at the mo is quite nice...

Hrm, from an investment prospective it's a pretty crappy time, property is being well out-performed by other asset classes, the smart money and cycle has progressed to other things. However, there are still some dullards chasing yesterday's gains, on a message board the other day some new wannabe-BTL'er was asking for advice and people were recommending out of print property books, that speaks for itself.

If you bought gold this time last year you'd be sitting on 40% gains today, property is barely keeping parity with a deposit account.

''I just get fed up with the smug houseowners saying you should have bought X years ago. ''

especially the ones with 8 houses in Wandsworth!

No ,you're wrong .......there was a major house price boom DURING the Second World War! :blink:

Given their experiences in Grozny the Russians should be wary of deploying armour in built up areas. BTLs wielding RPGs around every corner. Each flat a bunker, each house a fortress.

We are now nearing the pinnacle, to sell is the most obvious thing to do but as with most things emotions play over commons sense.

So hopefully people will not sell, and there will be plenty of bargains around in a few years time.

This must be - or just prior to - the worst time to buy a property. Does anyone still agree with me?

Historically the average house price has always corrected back to three times the average salary once it has reached about five times the average salary. The average house price is currently more than six times the average salary, so let the fools rush for the last £150K shoeboxes in steerage on the Titanic if they want. I'm staying on shore thanks!

it's a really bad time to buy at the moment as sentiment is very positive and things are being snapped up. Winter is the best time to buy and worst to sell.

Is that a pun or is that really true?

Hi,

I have just heard that Consa has been banned from the board, why is the site banning people. I know that if I post this as a new post it will not get passed, but it is very concerning. I am sorry to hijack the thread, but this is important no matter what one's personal opinion is of a person

What good is a forum that bans people the minute they ask questions

I fully expect to be banned now

Hi,

I have just heard that Consa has been banned from the board, why is the site banning people. I know that if I post this as a new post it will not get passed, but it is very concerning. I am sorry to hijack the thread, but this is important no matter what one's personal opinion is of a person

What good is a forum that bans people the minute they ask questions

I fully expect to be banned now

I think he was allowed back on after a few weeks, unless he has been banned again.

Edit: Last active on the site about 2 hours ago so I think your a bit out of date.

Edited by Young Goat

''I just get fed up with the smug houseowners saying you should have bought X years ago. ''

especially the ones with 8 houses in Wandsworth!

It's the ones up to their armpits in so much debt it makes your balls shrink just to think about it..

The ones who will gloat to you about how rich they are..

They are the ones that really annoy me.

It's the ones up to their armpits in so much debt it makes your balls shrink just to think about it..

The ones who will gloat to you about how rich they are..

They are the ones that really annoy me.

Don't let it get to you. You need to reprogramme your brain so that when they say 'rich', you hear 'in debt'. That'll make you feel a whole lot better. It does me!

Don't let it get to you. You need to reprogramme your brain so that when they say 'rich', you hear 'in debt'. That'll make you feel a whole lot better. It does me!

Exactly. When people call me skinny, I just think "not fat". :lol:

NDL