House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
karen1000

The Crash Is Here!

Well probably not, but I thought I'd get into the spirit of the site when I saw this story:-

BBC News

I cannot find any bird flu stories that may herald a jolly nice house price crash, but I hear that Mount Vesuvius is expected to erupt one day possibly killing 3 million Italians. Perhaps that will force European interest rates up and make the MPC sit up and take note eh!

Well probably not, but I thought I'd get into the spirit of the site when I saw this story:-

BBC News

I cannot find any bird flu stories that may herald a jolly nice house price crash, but I hear that Mount Vesuvius is expected to erupt one day possibly killing 3 million Italians. Perhaps that will force European interest rates up and make the MPC sit up and take note eh!

Just what this site needs, another spinner...... <_<

To be fair though, the BBC started it. The headline is "UK house price growth slows down", whereas para 3 says "the average house price actually fell between January and February from £185,404 to £183,224"

So the media is taking the best figure out of annual or monthly all the time, and the HPC bears take the worst.

Now I may not be an economist, but I'm on home turf when it comes to this sort of thing - and it STINKS!

I think the Beeb realises that constantly pumping the market will drive it up and over the edge well before Gordy has chance to move next door, the Beeb is packed full of Brownites, it seems they're spinning in the direction of moderation.

Personally I hope they get back to their normal pattern and ramp, ramp, ramp the market, the more it rises the harder the fall and hopefully the right people will get the blame.

Following the links on the BBC page leads to this:

BBC Action Network: Affordable Homes

Aims

How can homes be made affordable? The sad answer is that homes are affordable! The question is really how can homes be made affordable to home owners? Simple, dry up the ever increasing funds that are being made to the buy-to-let market, then price will return to a fair market value. This campaigns aim is to: Change financial policies to favour the buy-to-own market instead of the buy-to-let market, a modest aim would is to mandate sizeable deposits for buy-to-lets and increasing the amount of security each buy-to-let mortgage needs before it is approved, a more radical move should be to ban them and reap a landlord tax on their returns.

You can vote to support the campaign. Only two votes so far!

LONDON — British house price inflation slowed to 3,6% in February from 4,3% in January, the government said today, despite evidence from mortgage lenders that the property market is re-accelerating.

The office of the deputy prime minister (ODPM) said house prices in London, which tend to lead national trends, rose just 1,9% in February from a year ago, down sharply from 5,3% a month earlier.

While there was no consensus forecast for the figures, analysts were generally surprised given the strong rises seen in other measures of the housing market in recent months.

"We view this as a blip in an otherwise upward trend," said Alan Clarke, UK economist at BNP Paribas in London.

The ODPM said the monthly fall left the average house price at £183,224 compared with £185,404 in January.

Analysts said the data did not affect interest rate outlook, however, with expectations intact for policymakers to leave them steady at 4,5% well into the future.

"For now at least, the Bank of England will be very wary that a trimming of interest rates could excessively stimulate the housing market and risk sending housing prices markedly higher," said Howard Archer, economist at Global Insight.

"This significantly reduces the prospects of any interest cut until at least August."

BBC News

Strangely enough Karen I wondered what RICS were up to with this

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...1691&cat=47-0-0

a tad OTT methinks.. <_<

The inflation rate for eastern England fell to below zero, meaning average house prices are lower than they were a year ago.

Even with sentences like that it will be a long time before i think the BBC are anything other than scum.

I dislike the Beeb co-opting and editorialising independent campaigns and issues, their establishment control freakery is simply used to skew or shutdown issues or dissent.

Fair point.

But, there are like minded people on that forum. The debate must be taken beyond the HPC website as to outsiders it is seen as a bunch of crackpots who would relish the demise of the UK economy.

Fair point.

But, there are like minded people on that forum. The debate must be taken beyond the HPC website as to outsiders it is seen as a bunch of crackpots who would relish the demise of the UK economy.

That's because of the name.

That is my point. It's a bit like the Conservative party having a website called "I-hate-labour.co.uk".

So we should have a poncy PR crafted name like Asset-Price-Rebasement.co.uk?

Guest pioneer31

TTRTR, your presence on this site baffles me, just as much as a heterosexual man, lingering in a gay bar.

TTRTR, your presence on this site baffles me, just as much as a heterosexual man, lingering in a gay bar.

:lol::lol::lol:

"I'm the only bull on hpc Myfanwy".